wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 09-23-2008, 06:34 PM   #1
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Default IsUnitSpellResistant

A simple function that should be very useful when making spells compatible with standard melee gameplay; I feel it's just long enough to warrant it's own library, which for the sake of completeness includes the function IsUnitSpellImmune.

Collapse JASS:
library IsUnitSpellResistant

//*****************************************************************
//*  IsUnitSpellResistant
//*
//*  written by: Anitarf
//*
//*  In WC3, most debuff and stun spells have a decreased duration
//*  against heroes, creeps with a high enough level and units with
//*  resistant skin, while other spells such as Polymorph don't
//*  even work against such units. This function checks if a unit
//*  matches any of these criteria that would make it resistant to
//*  such spells, so you can make triggered spells work that way.
//*****************************************************************

globals
        private constant integer CREEP_RESISTANCE_LEVEL = 6 //the level at which creeps gain spell resistance
    endglobals

function IsUnitSpellResistant takes unit u returns boolean
        return IsUnitType(u, UNIT_TYPE_HERO) or IsUnitType(u, UNIT_TYPE_RESISTANT) or (GetPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(u))>11 and GetUnitLevel(u)>=CREEP_RESISTANCE_LEVEL)
    endfunction

function IsUnitSpellImmune takes unit u returns boolean
        return IsUnitType(u, UNIT_TYPE_MAGIC_IMMUNE)
    endfunction

endlibrary
Old 09-24-2008, 01:57 AM   #2
Here-b-Trollz
Corkscrew Chainsaw!!!

Here-b-Trollz has a spectacular aura about (149)

Hero Contest #2 - 2nd Place

Use of or would get it inlined, and be faster.
Expand JASS:
Old 09-24-2008, 02:06 PM   #3
Anitarf

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Actually, it won't get inlined by the current JassHelper, but Vex said that in the future it might be so I updated it anyway.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:07 PM   #4
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

I don't know if I'm overstepping my authority, but I approve.

And we need to start cleaning up the submissions here, so moving this one on its merry way should be a good thing.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:54 PM   #5
Jewel
User

Jewel has little to show at this moment (4)

Is there any way to change the level at which creeps become resistant? I couldn't find a gameplay constant or anything similar.

Also, does IsUnitType(u, UNIT_TYPE_RESISTANT) depend solely on whether the unit has a Resistant Skill ability?
Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 08:00 AM   #6
Anitarf

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewel
Is there any way to change the level at which creeps become resistant? I couldn't find a gameplay constant or anything similar.
I didn't find any way to do it when I looked either, but I thought I should make it a constant anyway to make it more understandable.

Quote:
Also, does IsUnitType(u, UNIT_TYPE_RESISTANT) depend solely on whether the unit has a Resistant Skill ability?
I think that's it. I seem to remember that in an earlier version of this script, before it was published, I was checking for those abilities before I discovered the resistant classification. I am fairly sure that when I replaced ability checks with the resistant check, I tested to see if the resistant classification also covers heroes and high level creeps and it turned out it didn't, but this all happened a while ago so I don't remember it very clearly.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:29 AM   #7
DanThanh
User

Submissions (1)

DanThanh has little to show at this moment (7)

Send a message via Yahoo to DanThanh

Thank you, this script is really useful.