wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map / Campaign Projects
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 09-16-2008, 08:08 PM   #1
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 has a spectacular aura about (143)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0
Default ~Neutral Hero Additions~

Hidden information:
Hey, I decided to make a feedback and collection thread for all this stuff, so (as it gets bigger), the threads are easier to find. Also, I might need help "further" expanding the Tavern, or if you want to post feedback about the idea(s) in general... Here is the place.

~~~

This thread is about my Work-In-Progress attempt to add Neutral Heroes to the existing Tavern set, and to make it available for "inserting" into any map. This is due to the fact that I just like making custom heroes, and I also saw several cool models that just screamed for a skill set, and the Tavern seemed like a good place for it. So here I stand.

What this "project" offers:
- A method of "adding space" to the Tavern
- (At least) 4 new Neutral Heroes (, possibly 8+)
- Each hero balanced (??) and outfitted with a creative and/or interesting skillset.
- Custom models for each hero, perhaps custom models for SFX.

If you want to help out with a hero individually, I'd prefer you kept that to their respective topics, so this topic is cleaner. In fact, this topic might just be empty for a while, seeing as how this is a "sub-project" for me and worked on when I have the time... But it's fun. :P

~Current Neutral Hero Additions~
Neutral Heroes:
IconHero NameDescriptionSkillsetProgress
Click image for larger version

Name:	BTNTeron.JPG
Views:	603
Size:	2.8 KB
ID:	37263"Death Knight"Ranged Intelligence Hero - Decrepify
- Army of Darkness
- Aura of Decay
- Whirlwind
Design 95% done
Mostly made in-game.

Name:	BTNSeraph.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	37408SeraphMelee Agility/Intelligence Hero - Salvation
- "Holy Blade" ?
- Solar Armor
- Angel's Grace ?
Design mostly done.

Name:	BTNThunderLord.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	37401ArchonMelee Strength/Agility Hero - Call Thunder
- Supercharge
- Overload
- Electrocution
Done and made in-game.

Name:	BTNTidehunter.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	37409TidehunterRanged Intelligence Hero - ?
- ?
- ?
- ?
FINALLY has a Theme/Role:
think "Squid". :P

Name:	BTNProfiteer.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	37938"Vagabond Trader"Ranged Intelligence Hero - Trade Routes
- Swindle
- Mercenary Guard
- Market Stall
~On Hold~

(I'll keep the rest of my ideas secret. Suspense (yeah right) and all that. :P)

~~~

10/20/08 - Download the attachment below to test out just the (current) Archon in-game. Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: w3x Lightning Elemental v1.1.w3x (385.9 KB, 176 views)
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=

Last edited by Kyrbi0 : 12-08-2008 at 08:21 PM.
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 09-24-2008, 06:55 PM   #2
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

~UPDATE~

Alright, I've finally unlocked the secret of making "screenshot icons", which serves as an adequate substitute.

However, if any you up-and-coming artists (or professional artists) feel like taking a crack at it, please feel free. One can always tell the difference, unfortunately, between "hand-drawn" and "screenshotted"...
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Old 09-24-2008, 08:25 PM   #3
Askhati
User

Askhati will become famous soon enough (26)

Just a suggestion: how about posting each hero's final(-ish) skill set here once you have a general consensus? Would save time with having to hunt through threads for what each one actually does.
Official promoter of Giak literacy
Askhati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:17 AM   #4
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Alright, sounds like a good idea...
Old 09-25-2008, 11:55 PM   #5
Hero_Lief
User

Hero_Lief has little to show at this moment (0)

Nice, but you've got to come up with a new name for the Death Knight, as that is taken already. ...stupid undead

How about using an importer like the one in Creep Rebellion?
Old 09-26-2008, 03:18 AM   #6
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Yeah, that "new name" thing is really bugging me. "Death Knight" is perfect... but taken. "Dark Rider" and "Necrolyte" just sound... off. I'm still struggling with that; hence the "quotes". :/

Importer? I have Creep Rebellion, so I am familiar with what you're talking about... But I have no idea how to get one/make one/work one.

(P.S. Are you the same Hero_Lief as on THW? Just quit as a terrainer? :P)

--EDIT--

Alright, I updated all the existing Neutral Hero threads with a better organization (of name, flavor text, picture, and included icon!!). Similar to the Blizzard-sponsored "Mojo Stormstout" strategy site. Enjoy!

Last edited by Kyrbi0 : 09-26-2008 at 03:19 AM.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:00 AM   #7
jigrael
Worker Ant

Project Member: PoC

Submissions (36)

jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceBattle Droids Model Competition Winner

hey I like the icon, I may do a similar one, and add some kind of skull effect to the portrait(think that gag when a person get electrocuted and you can see his/her skull)
Old 09-26-2008, 04:14 AM   #8
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Ah, thanks. Regrettably, I can't take credit; Mc! drew it for some really old trigger/spell map by Vexorian (he has this strange habit of releasing maps for triggered spells, but they contain models/icons that don't exist anywhere else... Like this kick-awexome Fire Hydra! And this Lightning Elemental!)

Anyway, yeah. I'll probably use that for his actual Hero icon, unless you draw/do something better. :P
Although the "electrified skull" thing sounds picture-perfect (lol) for his ultimate, "Electrocution"... :P
Old 09-27-2008, 10:06 PM   #9
Soulless Enigma
User

Soulless Enigma has little to show at this moment (0)

RE: The "Death Knight" name, would "Eldritch Necromancer" do?

Some say that his tears are adhesive, and that if he caught fire he’d burn for a thousand days...

All we know is... he's called the Stig.
Soulless Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 10:08 PM   #10
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Eh... Thanks, but "Eldritch" is like Cthulhu lore, and doesn't really fit the character. I like "Necromancer", but we also must stray from existing units (i.e. Undead "Necromancer").
Old 09-28-2008, 03:54 AM   #11
RenegadeMushroom
User

RenegadeMushroom is on a distinguished road (18)

Necromantic Rider? Criptt Raiser? Nekròmantiaar? (The accented O is Alt+242) There's quite a few options, however we just cant think of em :P
RenegadeMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 07:24 PM   #12
Soulless Enigma
User

Soulless Enigma has little to show at this moment (0)

Eldrith just means chaotic magic, as far as I'm aware, but fair enough.

Umm...

Dark Thaumaturge?
Umbral Necrolyte?
Lichsworn?
Discipline of Defilement?

If you like any of 'em, feel free to use it.

Some say that his tears are adhesive, and that if he caught fire he’d burn for a thousand days...

All we know is... he's called the Stig.

Last edited by Soulless Enigma : 10-04-2008 at 07:25 PM.
Soulless Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:39 PM   #13
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Thanks all. It's killing me; I haven't had any name "jump out" at me yet (which is what I'm looking for).

Some good words for "master"...
- Master
- Lord
- Emperor
- Chief
- Commander
- Boss
- Chieftain
- Hierarch
- Champion
- M/Patriarch
- Scion
- Maven
- Disciple

Bleh.

~~~

I kinda like "Scion of Darkness" or "Scion of Death". Something long-ish, as opposed to just one word (because most of the others are only 1 word).

(or the "Fourth Horseman". :P)

--EDIT--

Oh, in case anyone wonders/cares, I haven't "dried up" of ideas or "gotten bored"; just been a busy several weeks (mid-term papers, speeches in church, etc). Perhaps next week I can crank another topic out. It'll be great! :P

Last edited by Kyrbi0 : 10-14-2008 at 06:41 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:42 PM   #14
RenegadeMushroom
User

RenegadeMushroom is on a distinguished road (18)

What about 'Deaths Disciple'? the Fourth Horseman sounds schweet tho. Scion...Scion doesn't really appeal to me - but whatever you want Kyrb!
RenegadeMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:48 PM   #15
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Yeah yeah, I know. *sighs*

As a teaser, I will say this: I am "working on" a Goblin, a(nother) Elemental :P, an Ogre, and not sure about what else.

Last edited by Kyrbi0 : 10-14-2008 at 06:50 PM.