wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > General Development
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 09-16-2008, 05:07 AM   #1
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0
Default [Thunder Lord] skill set!

Hidden information:
I am attempting to work on a set of Neutral Tavern heroes, for unexplainable reasons (i.e. I love custom heroes :P).

Link to the ~Project Page~

Alright, this is a (sudden) new Neutral Hero I'd like to add. Yes, it is solely based on merit of the model. But yes, the model pwns rock-hard, and you know it. :P

What it needs? Quite a lot, actually. I have several loose ideas and thoughts, but really, just break it open with this guy. Just remember, GUI-only (w/ Custom Scripts and stuff), Custom Values are available for editing (on hero only, nothing that modifies CV of target units), keep it "Wc3-ish".

~~~

Click image for larger version

Name:	BTNThunderLord.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	37432
Archon
Neutral Melee Strength/Agility? hero
~flavor text~
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lightning Elemental.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	37509

Proper Names: ~proper names~
(Credits to Jigrael for this flash-bang Lightning Elemental resource!)

Thunder Lord Spells:
1. Call Thunder - Strikes a target unit with a searing bolt of lightning. This deals X/Y/Z damage (per level) and also Paralyzes the target unit. Units stay Paralyzed until they take damage.
2. Supercharge - The "Thunder Lord" electrifies the air around him with his intense electrical power. This boosts the reaction time of nearby friendly units, increasing their movespeed. Drains mana until toggled.
3. Overload - Whenever this hero takes or deals damage, a static charge begins to build. Once it reaches its peak, the "Thunder Lord" is electrically empowered to _________ (???)
U. Electrocution - Pumps a target enemy unit with raw, surging electric current, which deals massive damage in a short amount of time and immobilizes the target. Channeling.

~~~

Current Ability Ideas: (NOTE: Jigrael is still making this model, so I/we could potentially request any sort of cool animation to fit a spell idea and really make it shine. :P See "Spell" anim above (3rd photo))
  • "Call Thunder" (better name?) needs to have a debuff effect, probably based on the "Thunder" part. Should it be Silence? Negative armor? Blindness (miss chance)? Deafness (???)?
  • "Split" (could have neat "ripping self in half" anims). Something based on 2 heroes? Like fast-attacking and flanking and stuff, but then they electrically attract and damage/stun units between them as they merge.
  • "Electric Chair" (could have "grasping shock" anims). modified Aerial Shackles; melee-range, lightning sfx, deals loads of damage in a short amount of time (while obviously immobilizing the unit). Simple, yes; perhaps too simple? But would sound really cool. "Electrocution"...
  • "Tesla Ward"... (could be an aura, too...) Some big Electric "ward" that shocks nearby enemies. Nearby friendlies have boosted attack/move speed, due to the electricity supercharging the muscles.
  • "Haste"... Same as above; some variation of Attack/Move speed bonus to either Hero or nearby friendly units.
  • "Electrify"... Causes the hero to "dissipate" into the (targeted? AoE) area, permeating it with supercharged particles (of himself). Enemy units that walk nearby are zapped; allied units that walk through it are Hasted (move/attack faster).

Notes
  • Can't have a "Lightning Blink" ability, because the Seraph (other Neutral Hero addition) has nearly the same thing. :/
  • This hero is a STR hero because A: Jigrael designed it as such (stocky, attack anim = punch, etc) and because we're keeping in mind the existing Firelord (AGI) and Tidal Lord (INT, also Jigrael's :P).
    - To anyone who argues that Lightning is solely AGI; I partially agree. :P However, I can imagine a "raging leviathan of electricity" being STR, too. And he can be given a high AGI-gain, and his spells can accentuate that, etc etc etc. It can be a fast STR hero after all.
  • (Side Note to the Above^ statement): However, I am also working on other Neutral Hero additions, including the "Seraph". Unfortunately, she has filled the niche of "quick-n-fast melee hero" quite nicely... So do we do the same with this "Thunder Lord" (but instead of healing, he damages?), or should we rethink his entire thing (slow?? and powerful)?
  • Thought1: I want to make room for a "Wind Elemental" (complete the 4 as a set). So importantly, unfortunately, in order to keep this guy as separate as possible, no storm abilities. He has to be pure electricity. Keep wind-related or storm-related spells elsewhere.
  • Thought2: Also important... In case you hadn't noticed, this is Warcraft. Not Starcraft. As such, I would like to politely decline any ability suggestion involving "reversed polarity +/- charges", or "electrostatic discharge". No thank you. Maybe on Gnomes, but this guy is the raw, primal elemental force of thunder and lightning and electrocution
  • And no Novas. Or Lightning Cages. Not only am I unable to do those, but that's just eye-candy. :/

=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated!
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=

Last edited by Kyrbi0 : 12-04-2008 at 01:05 AM.
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 09-16-2008, 06:51 AM   #2
fX_
User

Submissions (2)

fX_ will become famous soon enough (38)fX_ will become famous soon enough (38)

holy shit i want that model too! is it publicly released?

edit: relevant bit:

thunder/lightning is supposed to be violent and fast (think of the flash, or the little robot from transformers); lightning is supposed to be like steroids. so you want A DPS HERO - not a caster that sits at the back and channels/charges spells.

I.E. ur hero is supposed to "bring the thunder and the lightning". --- DPS-OMG-ILL-GET-ZAPPED-IF-I-DONT-LEAVE-THIS-GUY's-PROXIMITY-OR-IF-I-DONT-QUELL-HIM-QUICK

Last edited by fX_ : 09-16-2008 at 06:54 AM.
fX_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:16 AM   #3
RenegadeMushroom
User

RenegadeMushroom is on a distinguished road (18)

fX is right. Violent and fast is the way to go (therefore agility) for a thunder/lightning hero, if you want it to be a bit more believable. Therefore, i suggest the following spells:
Zapper Aura (I really dont expect you to use this at all :P)
Adds 5% chance of making nearby units stun enemy units with their attacks and when an allied unit is attacked, it gets a 5 second speed/damage boost.
Level 1 - 5% stun, 5 second damage boost adding 5/10 attack to the allied unit and a speed boost of 5
Level 2 - 7% stun, 7 second damage boost adding 6/8/11 attack bonus and speed boost of 7/8
Level 3 - 10% stun, 9 second damage boost adding 7/11/12 attack bonus and 10 speed bonus

Electro-Stream
An AoE DPS spell, which creates a large stream of lighting in front of the hero has a 15% chance of stunning units inside. If the Hero moves then the spell is cancelled.
Level 1 - 600/700 long stream, 200/300 wide. 5 DPS and 15% stun.
Level 2 - 700/800 long stream, 300/400 wide. 8 DPS and 20% stun.
Level 3 - 800/900 long stream, 400/500 wide. 11 DPS and 25% stun.

Electron Dissipate **ULTIMATE**
The Hero splits into two powerful, fast, energy beings (Archon-like, SC) and has 60/120/180 seconds before the Hero is forced to remerge into itself. When it remerges, a powerful blast of energy is released, dealing 300/500 AoE damage to all nearby units (Including allies). (Possible: The two Archon-Esque units are forced to stay within 300/500 range of each other)
Level 1 - Last 120 seconds, 20% stun with attacks, magic immunity. Deal 36-42/42-48 damage per hit. Attacks every 1.25/1.35 seconds. Energy blast deals 500 damage to all nearby units.

I may suggest more in edits of this post :P

Last edited by RenegadeMushroom : 09-16-2008 at 07:53 AM.
RenegadeMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:44 AM   #4
Tide-Arc Ephemera
Overdoses result in death

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

Conduction - For the next X seconds, the attack of the Thunder Lord becomes ranged. If any unit is killed by the ranged attack, Thunder Lord moves to the position of the dying unit.
Indirectly a blink :P

Directed Current - Channeling. Hurls X lightning bolts one after the other in target arc, if a bolt hits a unit, another one is added.

Alternating Currents - Hurls X lightning bolts in target arc, each bolt that hits a unit will bounce and deal half-damage to another unit.

Shock - Passive. Each attack has a 15% chance of summoning a spark that finds a target and casts a weak Purge on it.

All I've got for now.

If you're having troubles getting help on WC3C or anywhere at all, please have a look at...
The WRONG way to ask for help and The CORRECT way to ask for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alevice
You may never stop our bioweapon! We mexicans shall rule the third world! Mwahahahahahahaha!
Please acknowledge that I use Mac and avoid suggesting vJass and other tools that don't work on it. Thank you.
Tide-Arc Ephemera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:01 AM   #5
fX_
User

Submissions (2)

i have a Lightning Revenant hero in my map -- inspired by Razor of DoTA

hero concept: ENERGY (energizer-electricity-violent storm)

Frenzy, Lightning Revenant
abilities:
[natural ability] the energyt of a thousand storms
passive: ok the hero has a lot of mana to start with (like 1k +). whenever he moves or attacks or takes damage, he uses up mana. when he becomes low on mana, he "powers down". active bit: this ability can be casted (has cd) to charge (regain) mana.

ability 1: static field [passive]
whenever the unit deals damage not by static field, theres an X% chance all enemies within 500 range of him will be damaged by Y

ability 2:eye of the storm [passive]
whenever this unit deals damage to an enemy nto by static field or by this ability, a storm effect is generated about him (w/ monsoon SFX) that zaps up to X enemies every 0.25s. each enemy has a Y% of being zapped. effect lasts 10s.

ability 3: storm surge [passive]
BIG + ms and minor + AS

ability 4 (ultimate) chain lightning
after channeling for some time (3-5 secs i dunno yet), lightning is released at an enemy unit w/in 500 range of the caster, the bolt will bounce to nearby enemy untis and damage them for as long as there is an enemy within 500 range of the caster that is not the last to be hit.

note: 3 passives, stresses on attack. also, + ms, and aoe fx (generated by attack) have the "i bring the storm here" theme. + the monsoon SFX w/ all the zaps make it look really like a storm. unfortunately my vjass codes suck. also this is not just a simple run-in n-attack hero, the [natural ability] defines how he should be played - that is, w/ great care. this hero does many many violent low dmg instances.

Last edited by fX_ : 09-16-2008 at 09:06 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:52 AM   #6
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Dangit, I knew I should've finished the post before posting the thread...

Alright, I'll be EDITING the first post with this stuff, but mainly I just want to say: This guy is supposed to embody the primal, raw force of lightning/thunder. So I don't want to see/make/use any kind of "polarity charge" or "electrostatic discharge" or "Confluxor" nonsense (no offense if you already posted some of that, I just skimmed through it).

Moar L8tr.
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Old 09-16-2008, 12:01 PM   #7
Kino
User

Submissions (8)

Kino will become famous soon enough (69)Kino will become famous soon enough (69)Kino will become famous soon enough (69)

Why a Str hero?

To me it seems rather odd to have a Str Hero as Lightning or Thunder themed.
Hmm.. maybe thats alright as long as its not an ultra tank.

When I think of such a hero Id make a Violent physical attacker (Lightning Based) or a support caster (Weather/Storm Based).

Then again its your hero so um have your way.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:16 PM   #8
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

~~Edited First Post; might answer some questions?~~

I will more fully respond at some later date; school awaits!! :/
Old 09-16-2008, 12:57 PM   #9
fX_
User

Submissions (2)

well if youre goin for a STR lightning guy: the only way i guess lightning is strong is that its overwhelming. i mean if u get zapped by a 101001020130310 watt bolt of whatever ur gonna blow up. so maybe u can theme this guy on 'surging' ppl with OVERWHELMING shock-stuff.

heres an ability (and it uses a name from my version's [natural ability] coz it fits well, i think):

The Energy of a Thousand Storms:
basically, a 12093123019 second storm bolt with a 1231892310 casting time.

- channels up energy then unleashes it instantaneously - ALL THE ENERGY INSTANTANEOUSLY - on 1 ( or multiple ) targets. the targets HAVE to get fried.

then for another ability:

NAME HERE:
since hes strength, and hes some lightning entity, maybe you can make him ABSORB MANA (conductivity) and trade it in for HP.

edit 2: maybe, to complement the 'chargin up' with 'conductivity', you can have some interrelation between the hero's mana and str. |release/extract mana for strength or ++power| and/or |release strength for ++power (i dont see how lightning absorbs raw str; mana, yes)|.

think the Protoss Archon guy: overhwelming power (power has some allusion/denotation/whatever to strength).

im high on using this str type lightning concept on a lightning guy but i have str-power guy reserved for another hero ;c

Last edited by fX_ : 09-16-2008 at 01:01 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:06 PM   #10
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

Thunder Blast - A blast of lightning hits one enemy, and the thunder that disorients all enemies around by the pure force of the sound.
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:26 PM   #11
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

Quote:
Thunder Lord" - Neutral Melee Strength hero
Melee?? thunder?? 2 words not very compatible, this hero definitely must be ranged, with a lightning attack by default.

Strength?? definitely not. Agility is definitely the shape of this hero
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:13 PM   #12
fX_
User

Submissions (2)

well you can take my 1st suggestion if you change ur mind and go ranged agi; my second it ur sticking to ur mindedness.
istill want that model!

Last edited by fX_ : 09-16-2008 at 02:14 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:21 PM   #13
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Man, people are really hatin' on the STR/melee bit... Ok, lemme go down 1-by-1.

~~~0~~~

@Moyack: Ah, now, think again. This is where the generic "lightning *yawn* elemental" gets his pizzaz, his panache, his schtick, his thing. :P. Everyone makes this kind of character ranged and AGI/INT (and for good reason, that's what seems to fit best). However, his stocky form and punching anims lend him to be more of a "powerful melee force". Sure, he could (and does) strike you from afar with lightning, but he's more into running up into your face, shoving his 1000-volt hand down your throat, and frying you from the inside out. Savvy? ;P

@Captain Friggen Griffen: (wait, mispelled that...)
[quote=Kyrbi0]1. Call Thunder - Strikes a target unit with a searing bolt of lightning. This deals X/Y/Z damage (per level) and also [????]* with thunder.[quote].
Same, but with AoE after-buff. Which may be the way to go (is that what you're saying?).

@FX: I appreciate your enthusiasm, but most of those abilities are either too-AoSy, not melee-ish, or crazy complicated. I.e. messing with stats, or basing abilities off of stats (no melee hero does that, only DotA ones). "Energy of a Thousand Storms" = AoS... Etc etc etc.

However, you have piqued my interest with your "Archon" comment. I am ever in love with Starcraft (1+2), Beta Warcraft 3, Warcraft 2, and other games; I love to try and recreate different abilities/units from my races (heck, Blizzard does it; why shouldn't I? :P). So making him an Archon, except melee... Hmm, I will think on that. Thank you.

(earlier post):
The model is not publicly released... Yet. It's for the "Hive Modelling Competition #10". So when that's over (or put to a poll :P), we can get it. But he's building it as we speak (kinda), so we need to nail down these abilities so that he can make custom anims for them. :D

(latest post):
Gosh darn it, make some friggen' sense, man! :P

@RenegadeMushroom: Hmm...
I like "Electro-Stream"; could have really cool fx and is a solid spell. However, I think there are some better ideas (actually, I just think 1-2 Damage-Dealing spells is close to enough; 3+ is a little bit twinking...)

Did you come up with that "Dissipate" ability after reading my "Split" one? If not, then great minds think alike, and I'll definitely put that in there (because if 2 random people thought up the same thing, that means it fits. Moreso than just 1 guy). But no "Electron Dissipate"; that name is exactly what I want to avoid.

@Kino (sorry, name is a bit long): I can't do "weather" or anything like that; as stated in the above, edited first post, I semi-plan on adding the "wind lord" to the mix. He has a big emphasis on storms and lightning too, so I have to differentiate with this guy. No storms. Pure thunder.
And it won't (shouldn't) be an ultra-tank. It's more like a "violent attacker", as you say.

Answered some questions? Gotta go either way. :/

Last edited by Kyrbi0 : 09-16-2008 at 02:22 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:43 PM   #14
fX_
User

Submissions (2)

im out
Old 09-16-2008, 03:10 PM   #15
Kino
User

Submissions (8)

Kino will become famous soon enough (69)Kino will become famous soon enough (69)Kino will become famous soon enough (69)

Quote:
@Kino (sorry, name is a bit long): I can't do "weather" or anything like that; as stated in the above, edited first post, I semi-plan on adding the "wind lord" to the mix. He has a big emphasis on storms and lightning too, so I have to differentiate with this guy. No storms. Pure thunder.
And it won't (shouldn't) be an ultra-tank. It's more like a "violent attacker", as you say.

Alright, so no storms ehh.
How about ...

Spark Jump
Attack directed agaisnt the hero have an X% chance to cause a bolt of electricity jumping between Y targets for Z damage.

Seems to fit with being Str (at least semi - tanker or whatever you call it).