wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Ghost Forums > Map Database
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 06-22-2008, 04:48 PM   #31
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taur
holy crap...

what's just as sad is that Griffie died 14 times, and the guy with glype died 21...

My defence was that Jhita was uber as shit.

Also remember that hero kills count for shit. I also died quite a few times because the push required it to knock down a tower or two.
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 06-22-2008, 07:33 PM   #32
Sabertooth_X
YOU GET ROCKED?

Submissions (14)

Sabertooth_X will become famous soon enough (54)Sabertooth_X will become famous soon enough (54)

We played another game, Dusk. Somehow Innert got perma-paused and couldn't move when he respawned? I don't know what caused it, but It might've been me shockwaving him as he teleported.
- - -
And why the model change for Glasse? =P
Old 06-22-2008, 09:44 PM   #33
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabertooth_X
We played another game, Dusk. Somehow Innert got perma-paused and couldn't move when he respawned? I don't know what caused it, but It might've been me shockwaving him as he teleported.
Replay, please.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:22 PM   #34
Sabertooth_X
YOU GET ROCKED?

Submissions (14)

Sabertooth_X will become famous soon enough (54)Sabertooth_X will become famous soon enough (54)

I honestly don't have it, but one of his teammates verified it. (I was oblivious and forgot to save the replay, and It's not my last one) Surdan might have the replay, but the guy's name was "Unsequi" or something like that.

EDIT: Dusk, check out the 1.09 discussion topic on the forums. Soul_Reaver was the one playing Innert, his name was different.

Last edited by Sabertooth_X : 06-22-2008 at 11:46 PM.
Sabertooth_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 01:29 AM   #35
Joker
User

Joker will become famous soon enough (32)Joker will become famous soon enough (32)

Found a bug with Rm. Some ppl didn't get the allied vision of the other team's comp/ai/whatever when they moved around, like me, so we didn't get vision of the heroes..
Attached Files
File Type: w3g (DoE)Rm Bug.w3g (201.1 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by Joker : 06-23-2008 at 01:30 AM.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:01 PM   #36
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

So i finally got to play DoE a couple of times, and i must say that the map is pretty good. The arts are good, abilities are fine, everything works, everything fits, it feels quite finished.

But there are a couple of design choices that i really didnt get, and the balance seemed really off.

The first thing that got to be was the smallness of the entrances to the bases. The towers are so powerfull and spawnies are so plentifull at times that it gets really hard to get out of the chaos, allmost always resulting in rape. At some point i just descided to stay away from bases entirely and just rape spawnies that came out of it, letting my army do the sieging, and that cant really be an end-game situation you'd want.

This aside i found most of the directly availible items to be completely useless. All they really did for me was take up potion slots, wich are pretty much the better choice in any situation. I ended up just spamming my money into spawns all the time, wich is kind of an odd situation becouse i'd assume they should be an alternative and you aim for them to be used tactically.

Another thing i'd like to remark is that the darkranger i played on the bane side was extremely weak compared to the walking atom bomb i played on the order side. The biggest thing that couses this is that all her abilities have an extremely short cooldown, wich makes all of her abilities weak as shit. You end up bashing hotkeys to eventually deal some damage, but its so spread out its hard to have an impact. The DK paladin guy i head in my lane just laughed with his regenerative abilities, there was literally nothing i could do against him. The mute arrow is a cool find, but its too weak! along with her activatable and that abilitie, her mana drains completely within seconds, making her completely useless.

And whats with the random canonfire or whatver cancelling my potions? What the fuck?

All in all i started off pleasantly suprised at the quality of the map, but soon turned to a darker mood finding out that the balance still has a lot to be done. There where also a couple of lagspikes around the ultimates, you should see to someone optimising the effects on them so you can have the effect animation replace some of the running code. Hopefully.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:13 PM   #37
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwtenpeller
The first thing that got to be was the smallness of the entrances to the bases. The towers are so powerfull and spawnies are so plentifull at times that it gets really hard to get out of the chaos, allmost always resulting in rape. At some point i just descided to stay away from bases entirely and just rape spawnies that came out of it, letting my army do the sieging, and that cant really be an end-game situation you'd want.
You can break the walls down with attacks, and if you feel that you'd rather not siege because the entryways are too small, I can't tell you to do otherwise. Notably, though, in every game of it I've ever played (That's a lot of games), it has never been a hindrance and has never made me avoid battle because of it. I'm not sure exactly why you think that way, particularly because I don't at all, but that's okay.
Quote:
This aside i found most of the directly availible items to be completely useless. All they really did for me was take up potion slots, wich are pretty much the better choice in any situation. I ended up just spamming my money into spawns all the time, wich is kind of an odd situation becouse i'd assume they should be an alternative and you aim for them to be used tactically.
Uh, no? The starting items are not useless, as potions have no value when you're in combat, whereas the other 200g items do. Regardless, all players have different preferences in the way they start their item builds, so you can have your potions and I'll use my other items. That's just the way things are.
Quote:
The biggest thing that couses this is that all her abilities have an extremely short cooldown, wich makes all of her abilities weak as shit.
Very untrue; DoE thrives on low-cooldown abilities. I play a hero to use the abilities, not wait to use the abilities. This low cooldown does not make them 'weak' or 'useless'. This is all a matter of opinion, though, some people will like it and others won't -- I'm not going to tell them or you that they can't. Actually, in retrospect, her second skill is quite powerful for its cooldown and users actually have been recommending I increase the cooldown to compensate. I don't think I will, however.
Quote:
Another thing i'd like to remark is that the darkranger i played on the bane side was extremely weak compared to the walking atom bomb i played on the order side. The biggest thing that couses this is that all her abilities have an extremely short cooldown, wich makes all of her abilities weak as shit. You end up bashing hotkeys to eventually deal some damage, but its so spread out its hard to have an impact. The DK paladin guy i head in my lane just laughed with his regenerative abilities, there was literally nothing i could do against him. The mute arrow is a cool find, but its too weak! along with her activatable and that abilitie, her mana drains completely within seconds, making her completely useless.
This was her first version into the fray anyways, so if she's on the weak side I would understand. Still though, when I played her a few times I crushed all opposition. It's natural for some heroes to be better against certain others, but I wouldn't say it's game breaking, as a matter of fact I think it adds character to team match-ups.

Thanks for trying it. <3
Old 06-26-2008, 01:08 AM   #38
Joker
User

Joker will become famous soon enough (32)Joker will become famous soon enough (32)

I disagree with most of erwtenpeller's comments, but I think it takes a few games to get used to DoE's balance-ness. Once you get used to the heroes and items, you'll start to see the balance.

Edit: New innert seems pretty imba..a ruin aura? And on 1.09b, Tristan's ult goes in circles, not chase target or anything.

Last edited by Joker : 06-26-2008 at 01:31 AM.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:32 AM   #39
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker
Tristan's ult goes in circles, not chase target or anything.
It chases, it just arcs around in a circle when it reaches the target. I really didn't want a damage over time storm bolt, so I made it that way for whatever reason.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:00 AM   #40
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

The ability to rematch in the middle of a game is seriously getting on my nerves as well. There i am, running around killing shit, then suddenly my screen goes black and everything resets becouse appearantly someone got the wrong hero or bought the wrong item or someshit. Its a feature that;d work really well in inhouse games, but just gets butchered by the public.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:56 PM   #41
Vig0r
Crabpork

Vig0r has a spectacular aura about (80)Vig0r has a spectacular aura about (80)Vig0r has a spectacular aura about (80)

Send a message via MSN to Vig0r

Maybe you should start reading chat, erwt.
Vig0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:15 PM   #42
Taur
#8 in posting (nolifeftw)

Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)

Quote:
The ability to rematch in the middle of a game is seriously getting on my nerves as well. There i am, running around killing shit, then suddenly my screen goes black and everything resets becouse appearantly someone got the wrong hero or bought the wrong item or someshit. Its a feature that;d work really well in inhouse games, but just gets butchered by the public.
Never had that problem before and I always play public, people are usually fairly responsible with the -rm, I've only had a rm when sides have gotten too imbalanced to play properly.
Taur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:58 PM   #43
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

It requires majority vote and most people even in public games would rather keep playing than rematch, so it only gets used when the game is like 2v6 or something.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:18 PM   #44
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (661)moyack is a splendid one to behold (661)moyack is a splendid one to behold (661)moyack is a splendid one to behold (661)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker
Found a bug with Rm. Some ppl didn't get the allied vision of the other team's comp/ai/whatever when they moved around, like me, so we didn't get vision of the heroes..
Yay!!! that was one of my worst games!!!! the warden hero from the brown team simply does not have comparison respect the one from the dark green team...[/offtopic]

Last edited by moyack : 06-27-2008 at 12:22 AM.
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:24 PM   #45
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
It requires majority vote and most people even in public games would rather keep playing than rematch, so it only gets used when the game is like 2v6 or something.

I would say require a majority vote from both sides, otherwise in a 4v3 game, for example, where the 3 are winning, the 4 could force a rematch, or if the 4 are 'winning' in their eyes they might have a tendancy to declare premature victory and force a rematch.
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote