wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Texture Resources > Skins
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 06-23-2008, 04:09 PM   #16
HyperActive
User

Submissions (1)

HyperActive is on a distinguished road (18)

It's a good skin, though it could be better if there were more things that would separate it from the original Illidan skin. Perhaps something with his pants.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 06-24-2008, 02:55 AM   #17
AnemicRoyalty

Texturing Moderator
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (23)

AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)

Skinning Contest #14 WinnerSkinning Contest #15 WinnerHero Contest #2 - 1st Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwtenpeller
i find it depressing that wc3c seems to be accepting useless recources into its database now.

I don't see this as being useless.
There are always uses for a high quality cinematic texture, goodness knows there are plenty of mapmakers out there who would love to use it for WoW/TBC maps or campaigns.
Also, it's an exellent example of the DH/Illidan face wrap done effectively.

I understand where you're coming from, skinning illidan into illidan may not be the most original thing ever thought of, but in this case i feel it's quality.

Oh and Denu, you might wanna rearrange the order of your pics in the first post so it doesn't show the wrap as the preview image.
AnemicRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:08 PM   #18
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

This is nowhere near good enough for a "high quality cinematic texture" and it isnt accurate enough to be an "improved" illidan; its too pink and the tatoos are missing. But then again its too simulair to illidan to be of any use for any mapmaker with half a brain, who will realise this.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:02 AM   #19
Denu
Cackle Cackle!

Submissions (14)

Denu has a spectacular aura about (99)Denu has a spectacular aura about (99)Denu has a spectacular aura about (99)Denu has a spectacular aura about (99)

Send a message via MSN to Denu

I rearanged the pics.

It isn't a "cinimatic" version. I would have gone high res if I wanted to do that. I was just inspired by some of the art for BC and never really even considered the use of the skin. Perhaps I should have just put it in the gallery. I will invest more thought into the application of my future skins.
Denu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:24 AM   #20
Pheonix-IV
I want you inside me...

Submissions (17)

Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)

You never know, there might be somone with a use for a pink tattooless illidan.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:25 AM   #21
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

Yaoimap?
Old 06-25-2008, 11:34 AM   #22
Pheonix-IV
I want you inside me...

Submissions (17)

Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)

Quite possibly.