wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map / Campaign Projects
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 07-28-2006, 07:11 PM   #31
Daxtreme
Wc3Helper

Submissions (2)

Daxtreme will become famous soon enough (34)Daxtreme will become famous soon enough (34)

Links are updated on my site fitting your new version and did not change.

Good luck
Old 08-05-2006, 10:54 PM   #32
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

I played the naval map, and I'm not impressed. You threw a bunch of stuff in, from wc2, from wc3, and some stuff I don't remember from anywhere, resulting in an overcrowded map. There's just too many things to build. As a reproduction of war2, this map fails. As just an altered melee, it doesn't fare much better.

Not approved.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:47 PM   #33
Kam
User

Kam will become famous soon enough (33)Kam will become famous soon enough (33)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitarf
I played the naval map, and I'm not impressed. You threw a bunch of stuff in, from wc2, from wc3, and some stuff I don't remember from anywhere, resulting in an overcrowded map. There's just too many things to build. As a reproduction of war2, this map fails. As just an altered melee, it doesn't fare much better.

Not approved.

Whoa...

You’re the first person to say any of that to be honest, but I will try to address what you said. I clearly state that some of what I changed was of my own creation; this is not merely a WC2 reproduction. Many people have trouble with the many units available to build and train; it was the same in WC2. What exactly besides that did you not like; saying there are too many things to make is vague, and the point of this entire section of the forums is to help people improve their maps. The fact that you're a moderator is not going to keep me from saying this: I don't appreciate your unproductive comments and if you can't be constructive don't post here.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:06 PM   #34
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

I got your pm, but if you really want my opinion. I will have to post it.

The map is really full of stuff there are like a thousand of units in each race. But the scenary itself doesn't give you space for much and you have to take a lot of time before killing the creep sheeps or mass flyiers.

It is nothing like warcraft II , I guess that because of the lots of stuff added to each race you added 3 mines to speed up things. It doesn't speed up things too much because of lack of space and it takes too much time to take down the pirate ships. It also makes the expansions useless unless you only use them to build more stuff.

The problem probably was that it was a 1 on 1 between 2 guys that don't know anything about melee but it really felt slow paced.

We couldn't even finish to play the map because after one hour one of the spells caused a desync.

I seriously think that instead of 2 maps this should be a mod. And it would be good if it could just use the normal wc3 maps, and have some variations of naval maps so we don't have to mess with maps with so much gold mines and stuff like that.

If it was a mod then it would just need some polishing . Better tooltips and probably hints would help cause the first time the stuff is overwhelming.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:22 AM   #35
Kam
User

Thanks and I will work on it when I get home in about 20 hours. I think the first thing I'm going to do is decrease the amount of players in the naval version and increase the island space per player. I will also nerf creeps to allow for faster expansion and leveling of heroes. My two further questions of you are these: What units do you feel serve no purpose, and what would you do to increase the pace of the game? (Besides more room to build and weaker creeps.)

My limitations are that I don't really have any advanced skills at coding or anything like that, so turning this into a full mod is beyond me at this point. I guess what I'm saying is that I need help, and thanks to moyack it will have a AI soon. The more feedback the better.

EDIT:
Ok so I am completely redoing the terrian of the naval version and the max players will be six now. Currently these buildings and units are being removed:

Kodo Beast
Raider
Rock Golem
Voidwalker
Goblin shredder and Steam shredder (workers will carry twice as much wood to start with)
Regular farm and burrow (Pig farm and elven farm will be in regular workers build que, and the high elven farm will just be called "Farm")

In addition:
Energy and Heavy towers will be upgrades to regular towers
You now have one gold mine with 40k gold, and there are eight islands so there are two open expansion areas
Building space has almost doubled, so that should not be a problem anymore
Pirate battleships now have 2500 hp and frigates 900 hp vs 4000 hp and 2000 hp
The trees no longer regrow in certain parts of your island, so you can now use all the space

Those and about 25 other small bug fixes and minor changes have been made

Last edited by Kam : 08-12-2006 at 08:12 PM.
Kam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 06:59 AM   #36
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)

Approved Map: PiratesSpell making session 3 winner

I’m sorry, but this really has no hope for approval any time soon. (I played the full version)
  • I notice the three things about this map are custom buildings, custom models/skins, and a few custom spells (Like time-stop). Unfortunately there are far to many custom buildings and units, and not enough spells.
  • There are still tons of unaltered or slightly edited original melee units/buildings.
  • 99% of the custom spells are just regular Warcraft III spells with custom icons/tooltips.
  • The terrain is freaky, with long mazes and bottlenecks getting into each base. This is hardly balanced.
  • You gave ample credit to all those who’s resources you used, I applaud that.
  • Having units that cost only 500 gold and have 3 hero abilities is a little much, don’t you think? (Death Knights)
I’m sorry but this cannot be approved until the terrain is totally revamped, the filesize is reduced (Try removing some of the redundant models), and the spells/units are more custom (that means more unique, made by you, spells for example. Not more icons/models).

Unapproved. Please respond to this within 48 hours whether you want this moved to Map Projects or the Graveyard.

Avast! Seen Pirates? Get it here!
Tim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 10:07 AM   #37
Kam
User

Per my above post, most of what you just said has already been taken care of. I'm am still working though, so give me a little more time.

Also, I feel I need to state that this is not meant to change everything. I am attempting to add the naval aspect and make it function alongside what Blizzard already had.

Finally, how does a 300 kb decrease sound? :)

EDIT: If you have time one day, perhaps would you play a game with me on bnet so we could look at things first hand?

EDIT EDIT: Map Projects.

EDIT again: Here is a list of all the JASS spells used.

Arctic Fury - Vexorian
Black Hole - Blade.dk
Blessed Hammer - Vexorian
Blood Seal - Leopard
Charge - Vexorian
Displacement - w3catlegio
Energy Wave - Nantuko Husk
Flaming Shield - Vexorian
Force Dampen - Blade.dk
Inferno - Vexorian
Mind Distortion(Enrage) - Vexorian
Land Consumption - Rising_Dusk
Pandoras Box(Pandoras Keg) - Blade.dk
Plague - Blade.dk
Reflection Shield - Vexorian
Rolling Axe(Pulverize) - emjlr3
Stone Prison - Darky28
Time Stop - Vexorian
Volcano - Vexorian

Last edited by Kam : 08-17-2006 at 09:30 PM.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:17 AM   #38
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)

Approved Map: PiratesSpell making session 3 winner

Sounds good, moved to Map Projects. When you have a full ready version give me a PM and we can arrange a test :).

Avast! Seen Pirates? Get it here!
Tim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 03:48 AM   #39
Kam
User

I posted an updated progress report. No new map yet, but we are getting there.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:43 AM   #40
Kam
User

sry, miss post.

Last edited by Kam : 09-16-2006 at 04:43 AM.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:53 AM   #41
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

Hey Kam:

I liked a lot what you did in the first post, good information about units. Congratulations :)

About your Ai, it's evolutionating little by little, I beg you some patience.

Last edited by moyack : 10-06-2006 at 12:54 AM.
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 01:13 AM   #42
Tiki
Transform and roll out!

Respected User

Submissions (11)

Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)

AI tournament - 3rd place

Holy fucking thread revival batman!

www.sc2armory.com - Join our forums and community.
Latest and most up to date information about starcraft II.
Tiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:50 PM   #43
WitchingHour
User

WitchingHour has little to show at this moment (1)

Kam, are you the author of those models? They're great!! I've worked on a WC2 Ogre magi model, if you're intersted
WitchingHour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 04:11 PM   #44
Kam
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitchingHour
Kam, are you the author of those models? They're great!! I've worked on a WC2 Ogre magi model, if you're intersted

Ah no sir I am not. Most of them came from this website and wc3sear.ch. A few others came from: http://xgm.ru/files.php?do=search&ti...esc&perpage=50

Is your ogre mage uploaded on this site?
Old 11-01-2006, 11:12 AM   #45
WitchingHour
User

WitchingHour has little to show at this moment (1)

No no, is on wc3sear.ch, but since i cannot add team colour i was helped by Nasrudin for team colour. The version on w3sear.ch is not updtaded (is without team colour). The updated version is on my pc, if you're intersted PM me
WitchingHour is offline   Reply With Quote