wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Terrain > Terraining Challenges
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 02:49 AM   #16
[Death]
The only one

Respected User

[Death] is a jewel in the rough (197)[Death] is a jewel in the rough (197)[Death] is a jewel in the rough (197)

Send a message via MSN to [Death]

Judge entries don't count?! Why didn't someone tell me this before?

Doodad Count - 8.

Unit Count- 2.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-27-2005, 02:55 AM   #17
Murcielago)
User

Murcielago) is on a distinguished road (20)

DungeonM i like the entangiling roots idea, looks nice, death urs is good too, ill be posting mine shortly

-Murcielago)
Old 01-27-2005, 03:17 AM   #18
KingGigli
User

KingGigli will become famous soon enough (50)KingGigli will become famous soon enough (50)

Send a message via MSN to KingGigli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murcielago)
DungeonM i like the entangiling roots idea, looks nice, death urs is good too, ill be posting mine shortly

-Murcielago)

uh oh Murcy is gona woop yo asses. or in LEET: MURCY G0N4 W01T Y8 4551!!!!111 PWNGEA~!!!
Old 01-27-2005, 03:24 AM   #19
Murcielago)
User

Murcielago) is on a distinguished road (20)

are we allowed to post WIP then maybe update? eh well here is mine, pertty much done

Enjoy!

-Murcieago)
Old 01-27-2005, 06:09 AM   #20
Zero-Exodus
User

Zero-Exodus has little to show at this moment (0)

oh man.... i was gonna go all VOLCANO on this thing too but i scrolled down and saw that... pretty nice man

dilema is, if i were to do one now it'd just seem like a copy !

Hi im Zero-Exodus, long time observer, first time participator

i got a question..... the terrain people design, are they supposed to be "Navigatable"? i mean some terrain is built simply for show and really has no pathing or anything to put real units and play a real game. If so... i got a problem with doodad platforms, like bridges and such and i really can't figure out how to place them to make them work properly, like if i got a cliff like so -_- and try to bridge it like so ----- my unit stops at the cliff....... this is just something i need to know before i get too far into mine. If navigation is a necessity, then can you help me with my problem?

once i figure this out i'll finish up on what i got thus-far *shoves VOLCANO.w3x aside*, i guess im working on MAPB.w3x which doesnt really got a theme yet
Old 01-27-2005, 12:33 PM   #21
JetPack
User

JetPack has little to show at this moment (1)

Send a message via ICQ to JetPack Send a message via AIM to JetPack Send a message via MSN to JetPack Send a message via Yahoo to JetPack

I'm in, I'm most likely going to lose but oh well its always nice to get some practice in, this will be refreshing from Beams challenge with 1 billion doodads that is taking forever.... I'll start right on this after I finish my fortress for Beam's challenge.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:36 PM   #22
Gitlich
Prophet 15

Respected User

Submissions (1)

Gitlich has a spectacular aura about (87)Gitlich has a spectacular aura about (87)Gitlich has a spectacular aura about (87)

Send a message via MSN to Gitlich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-Exodus
oh man.... i was gonna go all VOLCANO on this thing too but i scrolled down and saw that... pretty nice man

dilema is, if i were to do one now it'd just seem like a copy !

Hi im Zero-Exodus, long time observer, first time participator

i got a question..... the terrain people design, are they supposed to be "Navigatable"? i mean some terrain is built simply for show and really has no pathing or anything to put real units and play a real game. If so... i got a problem with doodad platforms, like bridges and such and i really can't figure out how to place them to make them work properly, like if i got a cliff like so -_- and try to bridge it like so ----- my unit stops at the cliff....... this is just something i need to know before i get too far into mine. If navigation is a necessity, then can you help me with my problem?

once i figure this out i'll finish up on what i got thus-far *shoves VOLCANO.w3x aside*, i guess im working on MAPB.w3x which doesnt really got a theme yet

you dont need to make a playable terrain for this, the terrain made for this challenge is purely for asthetics (like most terrain in this forum)
Old 01-27-2005, 09:07 PM   #23
daun1t
User

daun1t has little to show at this moment (0)

I think you shouldn't post a WIP here. Better post ready images some later.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:20 PM   #24
DarKSonG

i dont think i will win but i still like it :)

btw great dragons Murcielago)

PS. sorry for the big size on the map

Last edited by DarKSonG : 01-27-2005 at 10:28 PM.

Old 01-27-2005, 09:51 PM   #25
DungeonM
No longer tilted.

Submissions (1)

DungeonM will become famous soon enough (55)DungeonM will become famous soon enough (55)

Well I finished my rush, I like the overall outcome, I only used 15 doodads the rest are special effects. I especially like the entangling roots as I mentioned above and the rocks from the "hurl boulder" spell. It looks okay in picture but it looks really nice in the editor.

The land of Weyard is a mass of water covered with continents inhabited by humans and various creatures. The power of Psyenergy, also known as Alchemy, the four elements, Air, Earth, Fire, Water, make up Weyward. Man tamed these forces and used them to build great nations. People who use these powers are called adepts. These people lived in the Golden Age. However, soon, many became corrupt in Alchemy's power. So the powers of Alchemy were sealed away in the four Elemental Lighthouses throughout Weyward. The power of psyenergy dwindled in Weyward and soon all things built and sustained with it, began to decay. Unfourtunetly, Weyward consited of Psyenergy and as time passed it too began to slowly decay... This is the current remains of an Earth Temple. The tablet contained within can bestow special energy to the few adepts that may still exsist in Weyward. Idea based off the game Golden Sun.

I'll try and reupload the map if anyone wants to see it but for some reason I get an error when uploading.

Last edited by DungeonM : 07-20-2005 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:26 PM   #26
ForgottenLight
User

ForgottenLight has little to show at this moment (0)

Just thought I'd stick an entry in.

Its suppost to be a sort of emerald-dream-ish type of thing...
Zoom (requires log in)
Old 01-27-2005, 11:54 PM   #27
KingGigli
User

KingGigli will become famous soon enough (50)KingGigli will become famous soon enough (50)

Send a message via MSN to KingGigli

i WAS right!

GOOD STUFF GUYS! DarKSong i really like yours! i had to look a little harder to find out what doodads you were using for the moon
Old 01-28-2005, 03:39 AM   #28
Zero-Exodus
User

Zero-Exodus has little to show at this moment (0)

INFURIATING!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, here goes.......... first i open up a map (fresh start, my last wasn't satisfactory), it is 2:00 pm........

7:00pm near completion of map, setting up perfect angle to take a shot, adding in 2 units to give it "LIFE", realisation that i have no clue how to take a screenshot, so i am scanning the forum for an answer

9:00pm avoiding the distraction of my family, i haven't been able to find anything to help me out, so i step away from the computer for a while, eat some food, talk on the phone to my girlfriend......

10:30pm start typing out message in forum explaining how in the space of 30 minutes, my younger brother managed to cause a crash in the editor by creating a doodad of the frozen throne that is 10000x its normal size, and making me lose all work that was not save (AKA everything)

10:34pm finished putting on jacket, going to moe's

FYI by far the most beautiful view i've ever seen in a good long while, and worthy enough to be a "Campaign Menu" like the official ones

maaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnn....... i think i'll work on it t'moro.....if i have enough time out of my busy schedule (today = most free time in 4 months)

if someone tells me how to take a screenshot and post it up on the forum, i'll show you a cheap imitation of what i spent so many hours working on t'moro, and what i will begin again to work on... though i dont think it will ever measure up....

BTW can someone tell me what skies you guys used, and how you changed them? i was using Generic Sky, but it really didnt match.... i need a starry sky, with maybe a few nebulas or whatever....
Old 01-28-2005, 03:45 AM   #29
Beam
intoxicated

Respected User

Submissions (4)

Beam has a spectacular aura about (81)Beam has a spectacular aura about (81)Beam has a spectacular aura about (81)

dude, does no one read stickies? it's got a big READ THIS at the front.

http://www.wc3campaigns.com/showthread.php?t=49739

but too bad about your map crashing. i've never had the bad luck to have that happen to me yet. although i do lose maps from reformatting.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:21 AM   #30
DEADMAN 13
User

DEADMAN 13 has little to show at this moment (0)

Did it do that thing where all the colors turn black and gold? cause if u go to object editor and change its size to 0.01 min and 0.01 max and save and exit, the terrain and doodads will not have changed sept that the big doodad will be gone :/ I was going to join but i saw that volcano >.<
Closed Thread