wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Terrain > Terraining Challenges
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 01:54 AM   #1
Beam
intoxicated

Respected User

Submissions (4)

Beam has a spectacular aura about (81)Beam has a spectacular aura about (81)Beam has a spectacular aura about (81)

Ok, I was reading through this forum today and I noticed that the challenges are really unorganized. I've come up with this format to help keep things in order.

This format goes into effect as of TODAY, August 19, 2004.

Thread Title: Challenge: Tree Village (example)

Post Body:

Challenge Description:
(Here the person who started the post should describe what will be terrained. It can be detailed or vague, depending on how much freedom is wanted.)

Rules: (These three rules will be included in every contest.

Set In Stone:
1. NO FLAMING. This goes without saying.
2. Minimum of one (1) screenshot per participant.
3. Custom models WILL be allowed as long as they are available for public download*.

Individual Rules:
(You can set down rules that apply to your challenge only. For example, you can set down map size, tileset, races, etc. TIP: Allow for some freedom in the challenge. If the rules are too limiting, there won't be a lot of variation from one participant to the next.)

Participants:
(List the current participants. Edit as they join. TIP: Too many participants makes for difficult judging. Three to five participants is usually a good maximum.)

End Date:
(Post the date that the challenge ends. Usually a month is more than enough time, but it's up to you how much time you will need. Try not to push the end date back more than once. If someone can't make it, too bad. Maybe next time.)

Additional Info:

Voting and Polls: I will ask for the creation of a Polls subforum for the challenge forum. The format for the poll will be as follows:

Thread Title: CHALLENGE: Tree Village (Poll) (example)

Poll: Names of participants

Post Body:
Link to original challenge thread.
Links to screenshot entries (links only. No [IMG] tags).

Any challenge not following this format will be closed by me with a message saying to read this thread.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Closed Thread