wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Town Hall > WC3C News
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 12:38 AM   #1
Cookie

A new beta ends, a new package comes. For the people who are nostalgic about the old beta art of TFT , there is now a pack that allows you to relive the old moments =)

Get it here

For more information or screenshots of the old beta models of TFT, please refer to the Previewmap inside this zip (yes, no rar this time..). If I have missed any more distinctive Beta models from the TFT beta, please post it here, so I can fix it ASAP and add those models with fixed paths in the pack.

Happy Hunting and mapping in TFT!

Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 07-03-2003, 12:46 AM   #2
FireAarro
User

FireAarro is on a distinguished road (10)

Woot, old Brewmaster! Oh, and change "Female metamorphasized DH" into "Hyperactive pixie on crack", it's more accurate.
Old 07-03-2003, 02:04 AM   #3
Basil_Acid

Exuse me for being a newb, but can you direct me to a tutorial that shows how to get these models, along with the models from the ROC beta, to work in the TFT editor?

I don't know how to "fix" the textures, and the model won't load in the first place.

Old 07-03-2003, 09:25 AM   #4
Dre
Troll anatomy expert

Respected User

Dre will become famous soon enough (43)Dre will become famous soon enough (43)

cookie...did you manage to get those models because i once gave you a link to all TFT files via IRC? just asking, cause i gave you that link once and you seemed pretty happy with it .

oh well, nice job cook:D

My old stuff at DeviantArt: http://arabaey.deviantart.com
Old 07-03-2003, 12:37 PM   #5
Cookie

shush, I already got into the beta , but was asking for files so I didnt had to save each patch.data mpq each time a patch came out =P But technically I had thos files already in my reach when I asked it :ggani:

Old 07-03-2003, 02:17 PM   #6
Dre
Troll anatomy expert

Respected User

Dre will become famous soon enough (43)Dre will become famous soon enough (43)

Oh, i see . Does this pack contain the older SLK beta files? like the old impale? i hope so, cause i'd be very nice. The models alone are still pretty neat though:D

My old stuff at DeviantArt: http://arabaey.deviantart.com
Old 07-03-2003, 07:15 PM   #7
BobtheTomato
User

BobtheTomato has little to show at this moment (0)

Can you go into more detail on how to import the models, like how to get the textures on the models ("fixing them?"). Whenever I set a model to one of the imported ones it changes the .mdx to .mdl and doesn't appear... I don't know how to fix this.
Old 07-03-2003, 09:11 PM   #8
Basil_Acid

I am having the exact same problems, BobtheTomato.

And no one seems to want to help or care. Very, very frustrating.

Old 07-03-2003, 09:17 PM   #9
Crystalking52
User

Crystalking52 has little to show at this moment (0)

I too, am having problems. I will tell you what my Problem is, i try tp import the SH with the mask, and i rename him to Units\Orc\HeroMaskedShadowHunter\HeroMaskedShadowHunter, but when i make the custom unit and try to put in that text, it doesn't work! Anwser our Qs!!
Old 07-03-2003, 10:08 PM   #10
Duh
User

Duh has little to show at this moment (0)

Damn, I wasted my time and space... After every patch that came out on the Beta, I saved all the files from the patch.mpq for the same purpose. Now its kind of wasted because you got most of the stuff already here. Except some Icon images.
Old 07-03-2003, 10:15 PM   #11
Mr.E
User

Mr.E has little to show at this moment (0)

For those guys who have a problem, you need to convert those mdx's to mdl's. To do that, you'll need YobGul's converter. Try searching for it on google.com, by typing yobguls+fileconverter (no space, it will give you one site). After you've downloaded it, you'll need to do some file swapping to activate it:
First backup or rename these 3 files: War3.exe, game.dll and storm.dll, all of wich are in the man warcraft III folder. Then, extract the game.dll and storm.dll from war3.mpq, and put them in the main folder. Extract yobgul's converter and the war3.exe which comes with it, and it should work fine. From there on now, you'll know what to do.
Every time you want to play the game or load the WE, you'll need to put all the original files back. My suggestion is to symply have a TEMP folder where you put the back up files, until you need to swap.

Hope I've helped...
Old 07-03-2003, 10:17 PM   #12
Cookie

Im writing a guide how to, so be patient please.

Besides, dont change name etc; the model path and texture path MUST be the same as it was in the zip file. For instance, the "Shadowhunter with the mask" model path MUST be :

Model\HeroShadowHunter\HeroShadowHunter.mdx

and NOT

war3mapImported\HeroShadowHunter.mdx

==============================================

The importer doesnt care if its correctly imported; you have to change its path manually yourself to fix its path and make it work. Just doubleclick on imported file->check "custom path" and enter the path. This all applies to all models, but if you got the hang of it, you should realise that this was just a very simple solution for a small problem
:ggani:

oh and mr. E, that crap isnt necesary as I fixed the texture paths etc already, so newcomers shouldnt heed to that as its confusing even more.:mtk:

Old 07-03-2003, 10:27 PM   #13
Crystalking52
User

Crystalking52 has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally posted by Cookie
Im writing a guide how to, so be patient please.

Besides, dont change name etc; the model path and texture path MUST be the same as it was in the zip file. For instance, the "Shadowhunter with the mask" model path MUST be :

and NOT

The importer doesnt care if its correctly imported; you have to change its path manually yourself to fix its path and make it work. Just doubleclick on imported file->check "custom path" and enter the path. This all applies to all models, but if you got the hang of it, you should realise that this was just a very simple solution for a small problem
:ggani:

oh and mr. E, that crap isnt necesary as I fixed the texture paths etc already, so newcomers shouldnt heed to that as its confusing even more.:mtk:

Uhhh, i tryed that and it didn't work. And how do i put in Icons?
Old 07-03-2003, 11:43 PM   #14
BobtheTomato
User

BobtheTomato has little to show at this moment (0)

Umm...I've worked with Yobgul's before and I've found it very annoying....://// To get it to work I had to reinstall the original and have it in version 1.00 :nono: I was wondering if anyone could be real nice and just post the .mdl files to save us all some time and sanity... :nono:
Old 07-04-2003, 02:03 AM   #15
Panto
LASER DRAGONS IS RELEASED

Development Moderator
User Project: Panto

Submissions (2)

Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)

Approved Map: Call to Arms

Quote:

and NOT

Why would they have the "war3mapImported\" jazz, anyway?

EDIT: Are you sure that the path which you specified is correct? I, too, am having no success inserting either models or icons into the map.

How long until that tutorial you mentioned might be available?
"The perfect is the enemy of the good." Voltaire
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." C.S. Lewis
Closed Thread