wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > The Black Road RPG
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 05-22-2009, 12:12 PM   #16
dust
User

dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)

Hero #4 extra-official winner

oh and I think it would be much better that the bokorīs totem would not deal more dmg every lvl but that it is summon time will reduce each lvl, because that way it would become much more useful in later lvls :/
dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-22-2009, 10:53 PM   #17
Av3n
Roar!

Project Leader: TBR
Project Member: PoC

Submissions (7)

Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)

Hero #4 extra-official winner2008 Spell olympics - Fire - BronzeHero Contest #3 - 3rd Place

Don't you mean increase my friend ^^

-Av3n

Thanks to FatherTime for the sig
.:
Current ProjectsSubmissions
Power of CorruptionMy Terrain
The Black RoadMy Resources
Strikeforce
Twitter
Av3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:47 AM   #18
dust
User

dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)

no, because you would deal , letīs say 100 dmg, over 8 second or something like that instead of over 10 seconds. And it would become much more useful with bonus spell dmg then :Y
Old 05-23-2009, 05:24 PM   #19
Shadow_killer
Granny speaks truth, obey

Submissions (4)

Shadow_killer will become famous soon enough (48)Shadow_killer will become famous soon enough (48)

Whats the maximum amount of honor you can get per game? I know this aint the right place to say this, but someone should tell the creator of supersave to let us play wc3 in windowed mode.

Last edited by Shadow_killer : 05-23-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Shadow_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 11:20 PM   #20
Drain Pipe
User

Drain Pipe has little to show at this moment (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av3n
It's an tooltip error, so it suppose to work like this... (X damage + Y Spell Bonus damage) / 10 then it deals Z damage to each unit. Z is equal to the damage stored ((X damage + Y Spell Bonus damage) / 10) / Units hit by Life Leech
-Av3n

Ok, so I was pretty close on the dmg, i figured it was something like what you said. Still, perhaps you guys could push to buff or re modify this because the damage it deals is rather pitiful. IE perhaps have a damage cap and have it deal more damage dependent on the amount of units present (IE set a max amount of dmg is drains regardless of number of units, add spell bonus damage, THEN split the dps based on the number of units present). This way it remains useful for single units and slowly uses usefulness later on super big groups. Right now, only draining some 2-300 over 10 seconds from 1 unit is actually way weaker than simply attacking said unit, and for the high price of 525, I'd say I would give up lower potential damage for at least a steadier return. And I understand the POTENTIAL is high, but when I see spells like "absorbs 600 damage then deals 600 dmg to ALL units within range" (temple guardian lvl 2 spell, not even lvl 3) I'm left wondering why I bother playing Bokor at all when almost ANY other hero can do much better at progressing through the quests by themselves (the smaller ones that is). So something like 300-600-900-1200-1500-1800 sapped/healed over the 10 seconds split across all units within range, would be way better than the current setup. Why? For one it actually rivals other hero spells, and 2, I Can use this on single units for a powerful effect. At least if I solo, then i can expect a decent heal rate regardless of how many enemies are pelting away at me. Right Now I have to lure a giant group of enemies and then sap away at all of them at once, which is sort of ridiculous.

Another alternative would have a set amount drained per unit per interval which would also be a good fix. Something like 20-40-60-80-100 and have the spell bonus/10 as the additional dmg per unit. This would also do wonders for this hero since I'm assuming her's supposed to have low hp but be incredibly hard to kill because of his regenerative abilities.

anyways this isn't rly a rant, just a suggestion to make bokor not have a completely useless skill.

Last edited by Drain Pipe : 05-23-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Drain Pipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:02 AM   #21
Av3n
Roar!

Submissions (7)

Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)

Hero #4 extra-official winner2008 Spell olympics - Fire - BronzeHero Contest #3 - 3rd Place

I'm really want to redesign the balance feel of some abilities. But some of the rebalancing will have to be made when me and FT are online at the same time.

-Av3n

.:
Strikeforce
Twitter
Old 05-24-2009, 11:35 AM   #22
Drain Pipe
User

Mk sounds fair.

New question: What ability or effect makes the spartan warrior fire spears out when he attacks? I've asked players and they seem unaware of the reason. I'm just curious because no one seems to know what those spears are or why they are there, not to menation where they come from.

On a side note, can we modify bokors self immolation ability to be more effective? Like deal damage based on an attribute or deal more damage the lower his own health is, or heal % of the damage dealt when it deactivates or something that deals with the life swap effect he currently seems to be tailored to work around.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:11 PM   #23
dust
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drain Pipe
Mk sounds fair.

New question: What ability or effect makes the spartan warrior fire spears out when he attacks? I've asked players and they seem unaware of the reason. I'm just curious because no one seems to know what those spears are or why they are there, not to menation where they come from.

On a side note, can we modify bokors self immolation ability to be more effective? Like deal damage based on an attribute or deal more damage the lower his own health is, or heal % of the damage dealt when it deactivates or something that deals with the life swap effect he currently seems to be tailored to work around.

the spear is his gear bonus
Old 05-24-2009, 05:56 PM   #24
fX_
User

Submissions (2)

fX_ will become famous soon enough (38)fX_ will become famous soon enough (38)

seems i was wrong: i was bought items with mats with X charges and only the required number of charges got used; not the whole item. so this works.

p.s.i don't know what happened with my blue ion stones the other time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

players that load wrong and get chickens cant reload...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
item progression is weird etc
indeed it is. and it sucks to have to get item X for the function it gives (w/c u need, thats why u buy it), then sell it later when its tier becomes 'obsolete', because its upgrade does not afford that function you need rather what u need is in another item from another sequence...
this is not "item progression" at all... it may be how you upgrade items (what items upgrade to and from), but there is no progression, here.

i think the only (aberrant) items that do "progress" are spartan cuirass series (+85 str at highest tier) - there may be (some) more.
emperors plate mail series and that to its left switch bonuses? latter gives +armor till 2nd tier of sparta, then gives +hp and regen; former gives +hp and regen until the same tier, then gives armor - or something like that...

unless this eschewed order - and the 'wasted' spending of Honor - is what was contrived, then this should be changed i think.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

big amounts of honor points can be gained in the same manner as gold in the incident mentioned above involving the demon army boss.

Last edited by fX_ : 05-24-2009 at 06:05 PM.
fX_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:17 PM   #25
Andriejj
User

Andriejj is on a distinguished road (16)

Javeliner. Puncture needs a change, the amount or duration of slow should scale with levels. Nobody uses that spell for damage, so leveling that spell past 3 is just useless, you do it only, when you have too much honour.

And critical strike. Other heroes might get their own by forging "Ares Initiate", it's just.. meh. Also boring. I'd go more like, gives 15% to add X * agility to your attack, or replace it with something else.
Andriejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:11 AM   #26
Drain Pipe
User

spell blade is also imbalanced. I saw 1 guy at 150 solo pretty much all of the bosses up to thea by himself.

[edit]

Can someone shed some light on the bokor's second healing ability? Does his single target drain heal himself based on 1/2 of the [dmg + spell dmg] he does or does the heal bonus also apply to the heal part, or does the effect get halved as well? I'm just trying to figure out if it's even worth it to invest in spells that have healing when he'd be much better with just straight spell damage bonus, assuming you're only looking out for yourself.

Last edited by Drain Pipe : 05-25-2009 at 06:21 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:19 AM   #27
fX_
User

Submissions (2)

another way to get a gold and honor:

try to buy nemeian stuff with enough gold and honor (50+) but w/o all requirements.

the item should be in cooldown now and u should get the message "dont have requirements" or w/e.
you will also have gained 50 honor and some gold...

you can do this with any of the nemeian items

Last edited by fX_ : 05-30-2009 at 06:19 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:38 AM   #28
fX_
User

Submissions (2)

I TRIED TO CRAFT ODYSEUS' ARMOR AND I CAN'T! : (
: (

+1 nocraft

Last edited by fX_ : 05-30-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:09 AM   #29
GurkenKinG
User

GurkenKinG has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fX_
another way to get a gold and honor:

try to buy nemeian stuff with enough gold and honor (50+) but w/o all requirements.

the item should be in cooldown now and u should get the message "dont have requirements" or w/e.
you will also have gained 50 honor and some gold...

you can do this with any of the nemeian items

Please post just normal bugs in open treads, the glitches should be pmed to Av3n
GurkenKinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:34 AM   #30
Av3n
Roar!

Submissions (7)

We sorted that out... but meh thanks for reporting anyway ^^

-Av3n

.:
Strikeforce
Twitter