wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 12-30-2008, 08:05 PM   #16
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Well, IsUnitHidden() only returns true if the unit was hidden using ShowUnit(). No ability 'hides' a unit, they only make the unit not visible to certain players.

EDIT:
Apparently hiding the unit causes problems with the unit's collision in windwalk. I think it might just be safe to assume that the mapmaker using this filters out his dummy units properly already with their boolexprs. If it's really an issue, I can do what Brain suggests and move it out of the playable map area after each use.

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 12-30-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Rising_Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 12-30-2008, 08:22 PM   #17
Troll-Brain
User

Submissions (1)

Troll-Brain has a spectacular aura about (134)

Honestly i think you should do that, not because i've suggested it but because it could be "unsafe" if the user forgot to not filter the dummy.
If you really care about speed you could only use SetUnitX or SetUnitY, the unit will be out the playable map area anyway.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:24 PM   #18
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Maybe, but it's fairly standard practice in good mapping to filter dummies. I want to see what Vex has to say about this before I go ahead.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:00 PM   #19
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

Can't you unhide/move/hide?
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:20 AM   #20
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Griffen
Can't you unhide/move/hide?
I tested that and it keeps screwing with the permanent windwalk the unit has. I'd have to reissue the WW command every iteration of the function.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:57 AM   #21
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Hrm... Ghost. 'Aeth' if I recall. I'll look into that, I don't even remember what kind of behavior it has. Thanks in advance.

EDIT:
Bleh, no, ghost doesn't work. Ghost functions by making other units treat the source as if it has no collision, but it still takes other units into account for pathing. That means it doesn't work for what I need it to here.

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 12-31-2008 at 05:04 AM.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:34 AM   #22
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Updated with some documentation stuff.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:45 AM   #23
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Tools & Tutorials Moderator

Submissions (12)

PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)

Approved Map: Pitzer's Minesweeper

You could include an ObjectMerger call for the windwalk dummy (for lazy people like myself).
Old 01-03-2009, 08:43 PM   #24
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Done.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:26 AM   #25
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Approved on imminent update.

AIM chat FTW.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.

Last edited by Pyrogasm : 01-13-2009 at 07:26 AM.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:28 AM   #26
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Yes, so I updated it to move things out of the way. It shoves things in the bottom left corner of the map. Hooray.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:32 PM   #27
Troll-Brain
User

Submissions (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
Yes, so I updated it to move things out of the way. It shoves things in the bottom left corner of the map. Hooray.
So you should do it at the init library also ;)

Last edited by Troll-Brain : 01-13-2009 at 04:32 PM.
Troll-Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:27 PM   #28
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

A typo, I swear.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:39 PM   #29
Troll-Brain
User

Submissions (1)

it's not enough, the function CreateUnit create units only in the playable map area even if you give x/y which are outside, you need to use SetUnitX/Y after the Creating.

EDIT : Oh, and also you should use GetWorldBounds() (entire map) instead of the playable map area.

Last edited by Troll-Brain : 01-13-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Troll-Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:59 PM   #30
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

If someone is enumerating in the corner of their map, then they have more problems with the way they do things than finding the pathability type of a point. Anyways, edited.

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 01-13-2009 at 10:02 PM.