wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > Obsidian Depths
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 10-04-2008, 07:24 PM   #1
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk
Default OD Minimap Preview Discussion

KR was working on this a bit, I'm really not sure what to make of it. I don't know if it even looks remotely representative of the map, might be better as a skill icon or something. I'm just not sure, it should probably also say Obsidian Depths somewhere across it. When I originally thought of what this should look like, I wanted it to look like Kazrah (Final boss), I'm not really sure if it's even distinguishable that this should be Kazrah or not!

What do you all think?
Old 10-04-2008, 08:38 PM   #2
Sabertooth_X
YOU GET ROCKED?

Submissions (14)

Sabertooth_X will become famous soon enough (54)Sabertooth_X will become famous soon enough (54)

I think it looks bad ass, to be honest. It makes me think "Oh shit this will be hard"

And yea, you could put "Obsidian Depths" in like, the top left or something but don't put it right over the picture. It's too awesome.

EDIT: If I were KR I'd just sharpen it after it's finished, since now it looks kinda blurry.

Last edited by Sabertooth_X : 10-04-2008 at 09:28 PM.
Sabertooth_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 02:55 AM   #3
Malf
I LIKE PIZZA! | >

Submissions (2)

Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)

Send a message via AIM to Malf

I was thinking maybe a shadow of the boss, with a ruined temple background(maybe just walls?), then he has red(or whatever color his eyes have) glowing eyes, and then "Obsidian Depths!" written below him. :D

That one looks good I guess, but I don't think it's quite, representative as you said.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:38 AM   #4
Tide-Arc Ephemera
Overdoses result in death

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

I think it's awesome, but personally I'd tally up a few ideas/sketchy-pictures before asking about opinions.

If you're having troubles getting help on WC3C or anywhere at all, please have a look at...
The WRONG way to ask for help and The CORRECT way to ask for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alevice
You may never stop our bioweapon! We mexicans shall rule the third world! Mwahahahahahahaha!
Please acknowledge that I use Mac and avoid suggesting vJass and other tools that don't work on it. Thank you.
Tide-Arc Ephemera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:28 AM   #5
aaero
User

aaero has little to show at this moment (9)

I think this looks very cool, and I don't even think it's necessary to have it say "Obsidian Depths" if this was recognizable as the last boss or if you had a larger version of this for the load screen that actually did say Obsidian Depths.
aaero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:40 AM   #6
holyadvocate
User

holyadvocate is on a distinguished road (19)

I like it alot

It doesnt look like it represents the map at all

but it definetly doesnt NOT represent the map
holyadvocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 03:47 PM   #7
TotallyAwesome
User

Project Member: TBR

Submissions (7)

TotallyAwesome is a jewel in the rough (164)TotallyAwesome is a jewel in the rough (164)

Send a message via ICQ to TotallyAwesome Send a message via AIM to TotallyAwesome Send a message via MSN to TotallyAwesome Send a message via Yahoo to TotallyAwesome

actually, the black stuff looks like obsidian, and that red thing looks like it extends further down... it's got DEPTH.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:26 PM   #8
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Hrm, yeah, I see what you're all saying. My thoughts are that a lot of different kinds of map preview images could do the map good, though because of that ambiguity it's tough to make the call and say which I want over the others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAwesome
actually, the black stuff looks like obsidian, and that red thing looks like it extends further down... it's got DEPTH.

She came up with the idea when I told her to make his eyes look like the depths of madness. :p
I'll probably end up using this until we figure out something better.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:49 PM   #9
TotallyAwesome
User

Project Member: TBR

Submissions (7)

TotallyAwesome is a jewel in the rough (164)TotallyAwesome is a jewel in the rough (164)

Send a message via ICQ to TotallyAwesome Send a message via AIM to TotallyAwesome Send a message via MSN to TotallyAwesome Send a message via Yahoo to TotallyAwesome

Actually, I think it is quite good, abstract, and, considering what people usually put... great.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:28 PM   #10
Joker
User

Joker will become famous soon enough (32)Joker will become famous soon enough (32)

I think it could use more emphasis on the eye for "depth."
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 08:04 PM   #11
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

It's not like the image is centered on the eye or that the eye is the primary light source or something. :p
Old 10-05-2008, 08:09 PM   #12
Hunter of Shadows
User

Hunter of Shadows is on a distinguished road (13)

I think its sexy personally
Hunter of Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:45 AM   #13
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
She came up with the idea when I told her to make his eyes look like the depths of madness. :p
I know this isn't related but: AR is a woman?!
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:38 AM   #14
Sabertooth_X
YOU GET ROCKED?

Submissions (14)

Sabertooth_X will become famous soon enough (54)Sabertooth_X will become famous soon enough (54)

KR did the image, Pyro.
*cough*
Old 10-06-2008, 02:48 AM   #15
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Yeah, not AR. :p

And you know, I just realized that my monitor at home is too dark! The preview looks a lot cooler on my work computer when I can actually see half of it. >.>