wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map / Campaign Projects
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 03-16-2009, 12:33 PM   #46
AHalfPaladin
User

Submissions (1)

AHalfPaladin has little to show at this moment (5)

Hmm, no I dont think that its unbalanced. Like humans can get alot more lumber then all other races, so why not let the blood elves get +5 gold and +5lumber. Its a good upgrade but you need to be in the last tier for it. So i think its okay. And that you said about the Chest of Forestry, erhm? If you dont start with it how should you get lumber? That wouldnt work. I'll try to use your script asap, but right now I dont really got much time.

I pref to use standard unit, but when it doesnt fit to the roll I want it to have, I download a model, because I thinks that using other models that doesnt fit at all, and maybe recolour it. That will make the map look like the creater don't know much about creating a good race. I've seen alot of people using models that doesnt fit. It just make me Alt + F4.

I've read the tutorial you suggested me, and I think that my race follow it quite good, but it also steps away from like the human, which I did for making a entire new race. Not just human with changed models and icons.
I'm currently working on a Blood Elf melee map. Humans have been replaced with Blood Elf with an entire new techtree. I need testers to come with feedback so I can improve it. Download the map from here http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=104851

Last edited by AHalfPaladin : 03-16-2009 at 12:49 PM.
AHalfPaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 03-16-2009, 12:45 PM   #47
Flame_Phoenix
retired coder | real ilfe

Submissions (10)

Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)

Send a message via MSN to Flame_Phoenix

Quote:
And that you said about the Chest of Forestry, erhm? If you dont start with it how should you get lumber?
You know, you start with a main base that can (or should) accept lumber ...
3-Making a spell in vJass - Practice Session 1
Check out all my current spells at here
Finally, check my project:
Castle vs Castle Flame Edition
Flame_Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:54 PM   #48
AHalfPaladin
User

Submissions (1)

I really like it this way.
I'm currently working on a Blood Elf melee map. Humans have been replaced with Blood Elf with an entire new techtree. I need testers to come with feedback so I can improve it. Download the map from here http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=104851
Old 03-31-2009, 06:25 PM   #49
AHalfPaladin
User

Submissions (1)

If you have tested the map, please come with feedback, and I'm open for ideas and improvements. A new version will come out soon with more balancing of the race, but right now I really busy in RL.

Last edited by AHalfPaladin : 04-08-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:57 PM   #50
Woadraider
User

Woadraider has little to show at this moment (0)

I only tested the map twice (for 2-3 hours) so some of the things I noticed might in fact be incorrect and it's possible I have misunderstood some of what I experienced. But here it goes:

Healing Orb seemed weak, a slight buff might be a good start.

Tooltips - fix: blazing claymore, learn PP, blood bond, cataclysm, potion of fade, dragonhawk train, defend, concentration aura*.

Armageddon sounds better as Meteor Shower and Cataclysm sounds better as Arcane Nova.

Vision of Truth belongs on the Elder, and counter-spell is pointless if you have breakers and with heros glyphs and other anti-magic capabilities.

Sunder shouldn't effect friendly targets.

Restore autocast only works during combat (that's a mistake), and costs too little mana for 75 health.

Gem icon for truesight would be more appropriate than shade. Truesight belongs on the dragonhawk rider if you're not going to buff his health. Would also make more sense on the ranger as they are marksmen and scouts (meaning they have good eyes and know what to look for). And if you say Breakers can "see magic", I'll say so can all magic users and thus all elves but they cannot detect things unseen like a spy/scout would.

Demonologist attack & spell sound is annoying, it's ok to reuse sounds so long as you don't do it too much and they aren't annoying like the ziggurat attack.

Sceptor of Illumination is way too good compared to what the other races get, an aoe mana drain plus damage to summoned units... If I were you I'd give spellbreakers back their control magic and take off or SIGNIFICANTLY reduce the mana reduction of Sceptor of Illumination. That way you use sceptor to damage the summoned units and breakers to control them after. A cool graphic to go with the ability would be nice too.

I can't be sure because I didn't see your map using world edit but I think some of the heros move speed is too fast. I would keep blood mage and Jaina model same move speed and other two need to be between 270 and 320 like all heros.

Demonic Synergy should be a spirit link where the demon takes damage instead of the caster. As it was I had trouble using all my mana, especially with aura so it would be MUCH more useful if I could keep my hero alive instead of just summon the same unit over and over.

The balista seemed slower after speed upgrade I was really confused.

Dragons might needs a new sound effect.

I'm sure others have mentioned there is no reason for the blood elves to gather more gold and they gather lumber pretty well with the mobile lumber mill. I'm not sure how elves racial abilities compare to the other races but you should count how many there are for each race and try to match the medium (mean) amount. For example night elves have: ultravision, hp at night instead of day and night, fighting/moving buildings (natures blessing upgrade for them), restoring food supply, unique lumber system, wisps used in some buildings, entangled mine, hide, good anti air (4 aa units).
Elves might have: Enhanced vision (increases vision in night and day by an amount half of ultravision?), hp at regen during day only (opposite of ne), buildings with mana shields (brilliant btw), food supply used for scouting and protection (same as hu), lumber returned to mobile cart allowing for faster return and to get to areas most other players would ignore cause of distance (maybe the cart could be more efficient and add 5 lumber to returned stacks after an upgrade), cooperative building (also hu), damage spread evenly among melee (perhaps both types of footmen should have that ability) is made very effective by Valkyrie banish when hp low, breaker spell immune and further back, and pikeman further back, and finally strong magic/antimagic.

Mana wyrms seem too small and I didn't encounter many mana using units against the comps so it was hard to tell how useful they were. Maybe it should be a summoned unit which reduces x amount of mana from a target per second, but can be destroyed either by itself or time out. I also would have liked to see them sacrificed for mana after they reach a full state.

Mana Protection graphic is too pronounced, less particles would be better, maybe even covering less area.

Please get rid of the birds they don't make any sense lore wise and provide an unfair advantage when it comes to detecting imminent attack or tower rush, or whatever they happen to see. And with elven improved vision and scout farms they become redundant.

If breakers keep true sight they need less hp because they are just too powerful as a magic immune melee unit/caster and detector with moderate stats.
Woadraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:27 PM   #51
AHalfPaladin
User

Submissions (1)

hey out there
thank you for your good comments, especially Woadraider.
now we are back in the project and we will hopefully finish the belf race in only a few months.
after that we will plunge into our belf campaign, based mainly on the belf story from WoW.
that's it for now, we will be back soon with loads of new icons, effects and some changes/balancing and maybe some UI ^^ Concerning AI we would really appreciate some help!

Cya soon!
Old 09-20-2010, 05:16 AM   #52
Goober4473
User

Goober4473 has little to show at this moment (0)

Awesome. I especially like the bird scouts around the town hall building, and the lumber returning thign with the retreat power. Very interesting and unique.

I'll probably play with it more later. I just did a quick warpten/greedisgood run of it to check out what's in there.
Goober4473 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:08 PM   #53
DovahkiinMarnie
User

DovahkiinMarnie has little to show at this moment (0)

Is it possible to get a tutorial on how you got the Hawk scouts? I would like to use the in my campaign I am working on and was looking for ideas on something like what you did with the hawk scouts.

edit: Nvm Figured it out...lol

Last edited by DovahkiinMarnie : 09-17-2014 at 04:00 AM.
DovahkiinMarnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 10:53 PM
DovahkiinMarnie
This message has been deleted by DovahkiinMarnie.