wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Project Recruitment
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2003, 08:38 PM   #1
ChaosStalker
User

ChaosStalker has little to show at this moment (0)

Ok hi everybody, I'm new here.

I want to make a new team of ppl so we can create a very nice map.
I'm still not really sure about the kind, but it will be one of theses:
RPG, Open RPG or a new DOTA.

Im a very expert (no kidding) at balancing stuff, I'm nice at creating caracters too and choose which spell go on which caracther and so on. Items creation too... etc...

I could model the map myself but I'm missing of idea in that domain.
So if anybody want to join, just say what kind of stuff you can easily handle. Any ideas are welcome too!

In my own advice I would prefer making a DOTA ... but we'll se later I supose!

Tx all for replies.

ChaosStalker
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 12-25-2003, 08:50 PM   #2
Frostigt
User

Frostigt has a spectacular aura about (79)Frostigt has a spectacular aura about (79)Frostigt has a spectacular aura about (79)

if you want my oppinion, make an rpg, oh and its called Aeon (i think), not DotA.
Old 12-25-2003, 09:01 PM   #3
ChaosStalker
User

ChaosStalker has little to show at this moment (0)

Why doing an rpg more that an Aeon? Is there any particular reason?

And the fact why I prefer Aeon/Dota than a RPG is that these kind of map don't need a big story as an RPG. But I'll take notice of ur opignon its always good to know!
Old 12-26-2003, 03:02 AM   #4
Gerundok
User

Gerundok has little to show at this moment (0)

i think you should make an RPG, i could create a story for it, i can model edit very good, but the current program i use causes a loss of animations, and im slowly learning how to skin
Old 12-26-2003, 06:16 AM   #5
Toxicseaweed
User

Toxicseaweed is on a distinguished road (15)

Y not mix and match?
make an RPG with a world AOS happening in the world. I always wanted to do that though i was afraid of the the lag. I don't know if you want an online or a single though i thought, you could have 2 kingdoms going at it. There would be outposts and passes that they would send armies/groups/militias whatever through. Depending on who you made alliegance with *multiple endings* certain groups or people would be hostile to u. My only problem was lag. If i did a multi map thing that would be to odd to trig, but a single map either single/multi player could have sevear lag issues. This is only an idea, i luv a good RPG but it feels like too many people are doing them. A good idea is to first have a story of somesort, get it checked over and proof read so you can be sure newbs won't bash it for no reason. Then work on an engine or what features this map/s are gonna have, finnally get some terrain, last thing i would suggest are skins, models, cosmetic stuff. Otherwise you might lose too might intrest after making alot of art.
Old 12-26-2003, 07:22 AM   #6
Warbringer87
User

Warbringer87 has little to show at this moment (0)

how bout you decide wtf you are gonna do before asking for a team.
Closed Thread