wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map / Campaign Projects
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 11-02-2011, 11:12 PM   #1
Thunder_Eye
Lol I got a custom title!

Thunder_Eye has a spectacular aura about (92)Thunder_Eye has a spectacular aura about (92)Thunder_Eye has a spectacular aura about (92)Thunder_Eye has a spectacular aura about (92)

Default Warcraft 3 - Cooperative Blizzard Campaigns

Warcraft 3 - Cooperative Blizzard Campaigns
  1. What is it?...
  2. Why?...
  3. Aren't there similar projects?...
  4. How does it work?...
  5. What does it add?...
  6. Screenshots...
  7. Map List...

What is it?
Warcraft 3 - Cooperative Blizzard Campaigns is a modification of the standard campaign maps to allow two players to enjoy the playthrough together. Each map has been specifically edited to allow for a fluent play with minor differences from the original campaign. The project focuses heavily on maintaining the original feel and gameplay of the official Blizzard campaign, and will be put open-source once finished.. The mod is in development by Thunder_Eye.

Why?
I've always been an avid fan of coop games, and a few years ago I was playing through the Starcraft Cooperative Mode's terran campaign together with a friend. We had a lot of fun, and afterwards I tried to make the rest of the Starcraft campaign multiplayer by letting the players share control over the units. I, however, encountered a few problems that stopped me from continuing on the project, and so it died. Some time later I thought about trying to make the Warcraft 3 campaigns coop seeing how it's the game that I've delved the deepest into in regards of modding. Soon I had edited the whole Reign of Chaos as well as The Frozen Throne campaign with added camera manipulations and shared control for two players. After a playthrough I found that the problem with two players sharing one base however is how to split up the tasks. Usually me and my friends took turns each map with who'd build the base and who'd manage the army. So about a year later I started converting the human campaign for two separate players. Together with this I added heroes to even it up for the players. I've been slowly making progress on this project the past years now and come to the point where I finally feel like I can make it public.

Aren't there similar projects?
This project is my own envisioning of how to transition the single-player campaign into multi-player. My hope is that this project will diversify itself from others by its high standard, professional look and feeling of unchanged gameplay. It's also likely the last thing I'll do for Warcraft 3, which is why I strive to perfecting it.

How does it work?
The mod utilizes EMS to support saving between maps without troublesome savecodes, resulting in that more stats/data can easily be stored. This also means that players that want their progress saved will have to download EMS as well as a plugin specifically designed for the mod. Source-code for the plugin will be provided, and the mod will also release the maps undamaged(unprotected) once I feel they are ready to be released. Each map has to be hosted separately, though stats will be saved between the missions.

Saves are stored in a sub-folder where the game is installed and loaded through a slot-menu similar to those found in console games. There is currently a maximum of three save-slots per player composition, meaning that you can have three saves with one player, and another three with someone else. This is just an arbitrary limit that could easily be increased.

What does it add?
Other than enabling two players to play the campaign together without the trouble of typing in save/load codes (assuming you use EMS), the project also adds an additional hero, unique for each campaign, for the second player. There are also two added difficulties for those who feels that Hard, the mode the maps are set to, isn't enough. Custom-scripted systems allow for research and tech to be shared between the players.

Screenshots
Zoom (requires log in)Zoom (requires log in)Zoom (requires log in)Zoom (requires log in)Zoom (requires log in)

Map List

Human: The Scourge of Lordaeron

Hero: Darian - Guardian

Zoom (requires log in)
Shield Slam:
The Guardian slams his shield forwards with great force, dealing 80/140/200 damage to hit enemy land units slowing their movement by 50% and attack rate by 50%.

Guardian Armor:
Enhances the Guardian's armor by 6/10/14 and gives 2/4/6 additional armor to nearby friendly heroes.

Retribution Aura:
An activated aura that gives friendly nearby units a damage shield, which returns 100/150/200% of a melee attacker's damage back to them.

Redemption:
Calls down holy justice on the area, dealing 200 damage and binds all affected enemy units to the ground for 10 seconds.

Chapter One: The Defense of Strahnbrad

Changelist:
Cinematics have been modified for two players.
Added new hero.
Starting units are divided between players.
Rescued units are divided between players.
Quest-item rewards are dropped on Arthas' position.

Chapter Two: Blackrock and Roll

Changelist:
Added new hero.
Starting base has been modified for two players
Enemy AI will alternate attacks between players.

Chapter Three: Ravages of the Plague

Changelist:
Added new hero.
Starting units are divided between players.
Villagers messages triggers on both players.

Chapter Four: The Cult of the Damned

Changelist:
Added new hero.
Added custom-AI due to the lack of any.

Chapter Five: March of the Scourge

Changelist:
Added new hero.

Note that this thread is a promotional placeholder at the moment. Currently the first two campaigns are completed with minor adjustments to be made. Maps and more info will be posted as the project progresses.
Attached Images
File Type: png CBC Screenshot1.png (1.55 MB, 4161 views)
File Type: png CBC Screenshot2.png (1.52 MB, 1547 views)
File Type: png CBC Screenshot3.png (1.66 MB, 1226 views)
File Type: png CBC Screenshot4.png (1.73 MB, 680 views)
File Type: png CBC Screenshot5.png (1.60 MB, 1378 views)
File Type: png CBC Screenshot6.png (1.87 MB, 1403 views)
Attached Files
File Type: w3x Human01.w3x (344.6 KB, 1190 views)
File Type: w3x Human02.w3x (356.6 KB, 953 views)
File Type: txt credits.txt (1.3 KB, 245 views)
File Type: zip fileio.zip (186.9 KB, 549 views)

Last edited by Thunder_Eye : 12-31-2011 at 01:48 PM.
Thunder_Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 11-03-2011, 04:47 AM   #2
Nuclear Arbitor
Reputation Leech

Submissions (1)

Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)

looks interesting, i've never seen anything like this before but, i admit, i've never looked. some pictures would be nice though.
Nuclear Arbitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:52 PM   #3
Thunder_Eye
Lol I got a custom title!

Thunder_Eye has a spectacular aura about (92)Thunder_Eye has a spectacular aura about (92)Thunder_Eye has a spectacular aura about (92)Thunder_Eye has a spectacular aura about (92)

I've added a few screenshots to show some of the features the project adds.
I also added the first two maps for anyone interested. They should work fine as is (hopefully), and when used with EMS and the plugin I've attached, it should enable the save-slots.

I've optimized the maps for the filesize, both them and the EMS-plugin will be open-source though. I'll try to clean up the code for the plugin so that I can open-source it asap.

Last edited by Thunder_Eye : 12-31-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Thunder_Eye is offline   Reply With Quote