wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Modeling / Animation
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 12:32 AM   #16
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by funonabun
Putting in 8 hours initiative to find that tutorial you're looking for when someone can respond in 5 minutes with a link to that tutorial is just stupid.
You could always find the tutorial with a 2 minute search of our tutorial section. If there isn't a tutorial about it, you can ask specific questions on how to do certain things. That's ok and has nothing to do with the topic of this discussion. (The part about posting your first models)
Quote:
Fact is, you're extremely elitist.
If you choose to view asking users to have the willpower to help themselves as elitist, then I'm not sure there's anything further to discuss here. Fact is, it's not.
Quote:
If you show people kindness and be helpful, people will return the favor.
Yes, have you looked around the forum? We do that.
Quote:
From what I've seen you only harbor a childish "holier than thou" opinion of everyone.
Unfortunately, you haven't seen a lot, then. :<
Quote:
There's no initiative in scanning hundreds of topics to find one small speck of information (or 100 partial pieces of information which still don't get you where you want to go) when you could ask.
You don't have to scan anything, the site's search function does it for you.
Quote:
Fun fact: Help others and some of the people you helped will want to help others in return.
Yes, silly, we are well aware of that...
Quote:
If you act like an elitist jerk, you'll drive away people who may have greater creative talents and experience than you in other fields which could be useful when they transfer that skill to the community.
Uhuh... Did you know that we actually have site rules against people acting like jerks? Did you also know that we enforce that?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
The rails are horrible, the 'dung' is crap (no pun intended), and you need to update the Winchester pictures. Retitled thread to Western Pack.
Tim is also a great example of this.
The truth hurts sometimes. If something looks awful, I expect people to tell the person that it looks awful. If they say "Well, it isn't that great, but good job anyways!" it sends incredibly mixed signals and the person receiving the feedback likely won't even see a problem with his work at all. Being harsh gets the point across, the user knows the quality of his work is, unfortunately, sub-par.
Quote:
Its editing for a video game called Warcraft III, you're not political pundits or little boys on the elementary school playground.
Yes, obviously. I wonder if you realize that you're actually being the same thing that you're yelling at us for being in your post? (ie. you're flaming right now and acting like you know better than us, etc, just the same as you're yelling at us for doing.)
Quote:
Instead of shelling out immature, intolerant remarks, tell people how they can improve upon their work.
And we do that when they have displayed that they have the willpower to help themselves. If you post your first model, everything will in all likelihood be absolutely wrong. In that case, the only solution is that "Everything is wrong, remake the model, try harder, read tutorials." I'm sorry, but that is the reality of it. That is how they can improve their work.

I trust that in your response, you won't flame the site, its staff, its users, and that you'll respect the same rules you're breaking and yelling at us (unjustifiably so) for breaking. Thanks.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:46 AM   #17
funonabun
User

funonabun has a little shameless behaviour in the past (-4)

Someone disagreed with your elitism and you try to throw it back on them with no evidence.

Typical.

Have fun thinking you're genetically different.

I'll be happy to host my resources and spend my time over at hive.

See ya.

Last edited by funonabun : 10-15-2009 at 12:49 AM.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:49 AM   #18
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

The evidence is all across the forum. Anyways, your attitude unfortunately reveals that you didn't read my post and then didn't pay attention to the part where I ask you to be more respectful of myself and the site.

Going to go ahead and close this to further discussion.