wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Starcraft 2 Modding
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 04-22-2010, 10:33 PM   #1
Joker
User

Joker will become famous soon enough (32)Joker will become famous soon enough (32)

Default Galaxy Editor Pictures

Terrain Editor - Looks pretty identical. They just stuck the palettes on the bottom left.
Object Editor - Anything non-trigger related, you can modify here. It seems to allow you to modify a LOT more stuff than War3 did. Ask me if there are any specific ones you are curious about.
Trigger Editor - Can't seem to convert GUI. Top left shows components of a library
Script Editor - Looks like they split up galaxy from the GUI.
Text Editor - Looks like SC2 uses same string system except now you can utilize it
Import Editor - An equivalent to War3
Overview Manager - Pretty much an equivalent to Object manager

No Screeny:
Previewer - Just shows you model animations
Cinematics - Can't find any functioning parts of it atm

Also:
Everything is completely module. When you open the editor, you can choose to only open up a certain part. There is also a "Convert Legacy Map" which lets you select Original SC and War3 maps. It doesn't seem to do anything atm, but it sounds interesting. I'm assuming it converts the code from the map into galaxy.
Attached Images
File Type: png Terrain Editor.png (1.17 MB, 138 views)
File Type: png SC2 Object Editor.png (235.0 KB, 108 views)
File Type: png Trigger Editor.png (135.9 KB, 92 views)
File Type: png Script Editor.png (107.4 KB, 97 views)
File Type: png Text Editor.png (82.8 KB, 95 views)
File Type: png Import Editor.png (85.6 KB, 91 views)
File Type: png Overview Manager.png (92.9 KB, 83 views)

Last edited by Joker : 04-22-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 04-22-2010, 10:54 PM   #2
Toadcop
BuranX

Submissions (4)

Toadcop is just really nice (299)Toadcop is just really nice (299)

Approved Map: TcXSpell Making Session 10 Winner

Send a message via ICQ to Toadcop

The greatest rip off in the galaxy !
Old 04-22-2010, 11:05 PM   #3
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Guess it's time to try to opt in to the beta.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:09 PM   #4
Alevice
It feels good

Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)

preorder or suck ralle's dick at thw :P

I ell cool that I think I knew how almost all the fatures work behind the cameras. </brag>

Alevice.jones is SC2 Beta, losers.

Check out my never updated deviantart gallery!!

Kalimdor Raiders (Race Contest #1) Pastebin Page
Cavern Crawlers (Race Contest #2) Pastebin Page
Airship Race Motherfuckers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://ajaxian.com/archives/would-you-like-a-_-with-that-new-library-gives-js-what-it-should-have#comment-276203
- Dont solve problems that dont exist.
- Improve the wheel, dont reinvent it.
- Port the wheel if it doesnt exist in your environment.
- Integrate the wheel into your project.
- Make sure you can replace your wooden wheel for a rubber one if someone else invents it.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:36 AM   #5
Raydude
User

Raydude will become famous soon enough (29)

The terrain editor... the only major stuff I see :
You can alpha tiles now!
Cliffs are no longer bounded by the 2-cliff-height rule
WATER!!!
also you can set the density of each tiles to make uber blendings of tilesets easily, like literally blending tilesets.
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (933.7 KB, 97 views)

Last edited by Raydude : 04-23-2010 at 12:41 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:41 AM   #6
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

That Editor is looking badass!!!!!
Old 04-23-2010, 02:58 AM   #7
Ammorth
I blink, therefore I am.

Submissions (10)

Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (461)Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (461)Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (461)Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (461)

Just to clarify about "alpha tiles" The game doesn't use tiles anymore (tiles are outdated) but instead uses texture "brushes" which essentially paint textures onto the ground (textures being grass or rock textures). There shouldn't be any more of these tiles anymore, but just one repeatable texture that is then painted on the base texture.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:45 AM   #8
Raydude
User

Raydude will become famous soon enough (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammorth
Just to clarify about "alpha tiles" The game doesn't use tiles anymore (tiles are outdated) but instead uses texture "brushes" which essentially paint textures onto the ground (textures being grass or rock textures). There shouldn't be any more of these tiles anymore, but just one repeatable texture that is then painted on the base texture.
It actually still uses tiles I think. It's kind of hard to explain but the tiles are there but the terrain doesn't use the tiles for terrain texture. Also tried terraining, really different than wc3's, can't ctrl+pageup/down to control doodad's height. Weather effects are now done using a doodad placement, so you can control where it'll rain/windy/etc. and where it won't.
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (1.53 MB, 78 views)
File Type: png SC2 2010-04-22 22-38-27-46.png (2.83 MB, 101 views)
Old 04-23-2010, 06:39 AM   #9
Belphegor666
User

Submissions (1)

Belphegor666 is on a distinguished road (16)

Weren't the roads Bezier curves or something (as in they can be smooth and not jagged)?
Old 04-23-2010, 12:25 PM   #10
Opossum
User

Submissions (4)

Opossum will become famous soon enough (59)Opossum will become famous soon enough (59)

Looks sweet so far.
So what about sc2c now? :) I bet the first resources will be on their way soonish.

Oh and what's that spline-sort-of-thing left to the slope brush?

Newest version: 2.0 Alpha 006c
Old 04-23-2010, 09:55 PM   #11
Bobo_The_Kodo
oO

Bobo_The_Kodo has a spectacular aura about (109)Bobo_The_Kodo has a spectacular aura about (109)Bobo_The_Kodo has a spectacular aura about (109)Bobo_The_Kodo has a spectacular aura about (109)

Quote:
It actually still uses tiles I think. It's kind of hard to explain but the tiles are there but the terrain doesn't use the tiles for terrain texture. Also tried terraining, really different than wc3's, can't ctrl+pageup/down to control doodad's height. Weather effects are now done using a doodad placement, so you can control where it'll rain/windy/etc. and where it won't.

Try not holding down control?

Quote:
Oh and what's that spline-sort-of-thing left to the slope brush?
Road tool

edit: you can probably use the map editor with the beta crack; you don't need to logon to use 'test map' in map editor

Last edited by Bobo_The_Kodo : 04-23-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:20 AM   #12
Adovid
User

Adovid has little to show at this moment (0)

Scripting.

I don't know exactly what to do with the script test or the console yet but I know that my function compiles >.<.

The trigger in the background is from one of the libraries.
Attached Images
File Type: png Scripting.png (104.0 KB, 67 views)

Last edited by Adovid : 04-24-2010 at 04:21 AM.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:15 AM   #13
Archmage Owenalacaster
Laughs Derisively

Project Member: PoC

Submissions (1)

Archmage Owenalacaster is a jewel in the rough (180)Archmage Owenalacaster is a jewel in the rough (180)Archmage Owenalacaster is a jewel in the rough (180)

Race-Building Contest #1 Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker
There is also a "Convert Legacy Map" which lets you select Original SC and War3 maps. It doesn't seem to do anything atm, but it sounds interesting. I'm assuming it converts the code from the map into galaxy.

It converts terrain tiles to terrain texture maps. WC3 maps come out black until you define the texture set in the Map Textures menu (I haven't tested SC1 maps in the converter). It did not retain cliffs, water, variables, scripts and other such things. It did replace gold mines with geysers and retained player start positions, which can be found in the Points layer (press the P key); start positions are not in the unit palette anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raydude
It actually still uses tiles I think. It's kind of hard to explain but the tiles are there but the terrain doesn't use the tiles for terrain texture. Also tried terraining, really different than wc3's, can't ctrl+pageup/down to control doodad's height.

It has cells for pathing and pathable object placement. Terrain textures are painted, and the texture tiling is obvious if you paint a single texture over a wide area; you can zoom out to notice where it repeats, but it is fairly subtle at standard camera range.

Page Up and Page Down adjust position height; Check the Edit menu at the top for the complete list of options.

Last edited by Archmage Owenalacaster : 04-24-2010 at 05:17 AM.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:21 PM   #14
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

script editor can only export scripts to external files

Yes, roads are vectors.

I should probably get screenshots of the stuff I've seen so far. Hmnn.

custom script code got considerably worse than in Wc3. I am not sure if it is just because of a beta or whatnot, you can't convert stuff to triggers. You have to use GUI function or action definition and code in them, then call the action or funciton from a GUI trigger... The language has a lot of unlikable things... Like StringToText ...
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Old 04-24-2010, 12:41 PM   #15
Jazradel
Superuser

Submissions (1)

Jazradel has a spectacular aura about (110)Jazradel has a spectacular aura about (110)Jazradel has a spectacular aura about (110)Jazradel has a spectacular aura about (110)

Send a message via AIM to Jazradel Send a message via MSN to Jazradel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo_The_Kodo
edit: you can probably use the map editor with the beta crack; you don't need to logon to use 'test map' in map editor
You don't even need the crack, just any beta release.

Table:
Jump Map
Point System
Warcraft III Model Archive

W3 Model Archive should be available from https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cd5..._III_Resources, PM me if it doesn't work.

Last edited by Jazradel : 04-24-2010 at 12:41 PM.