wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Tutorials > -- Submit A Tutorial --
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 07-21-2009, 02:05 PM   #16
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrogasm
Moyack would know.

So would Archmage Owenalacaster.
Me agrees. C'mon, boys, let's criticize this! :P
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 03-01-2010, 03:17 PM   #17
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)

(Anniversary BUMP)

Is there something I should fix in this tutorial? Let me know
Old 07-09-2010, 07:31 AM   #18
frozenfire2
User

frozenfire2 has little to show at this moment (0)

I did an AI that is is setup very closely to yours.

but it seems to have these issue, do you know why?

1) intermittently, they decided to permanently sit in the base with 70-80 food ( with enough farms ) and 2-3k gold. They just sit there like it's on permanent loop

2) AI made using AI editor have no capability of getting their units to join main army outside of the base. They usually go back to base and regroup in oppose to using Melee script's Attack Sequence.

3) with the condition set to tier 2/3 hall they still decided to build 2 town hall sometimes when the army takes too long to clear the expansion. It's as if they're impatient and they just build the expansion hall inside the base.

4) It seems that setting attack priority that way Allied AI to rush to the aid even on first creeping regardless of the distance. I'm not sure if this have anything to do with Common Alliance Target set to be priority 1, but it seems that the Grunt Master's Sample AI one is set that way too.

I'd like to know if the AI You use above suffers from the same issue. I tried mine on x6 speed match on 2v2 , custom AI vs Blizzard's Melee AI and custom AI seems to suffer ALL of the above 8 out of 10 tries.
frozenfire2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 05:04 PM   #19
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenfire2
I did an AI that is is setup very closely to yours.

but it seems to have these issue, do you know why?
Ouch, sorry for the delay, I don't check this thread often. =)

Quote:
1) intermittently, they decided to permanently sit in the base with 70-80 food ( with enough farms ) and 2-3k gold. They just sit there like it's on permanent loop
There's probably something broken in the building/training priorities later in game in your case, maybe they're trying to, dunno, train headhunters when they have Berserkers. If that's the case I suggest to set a condition like I said in the tutorial to avoid that.

Quote:
2) AI made using AI editor have no capability of getting their units to join main army outside of the base. They usually go back to base and regroup in oppose to using Melee script's Attack Sequence.
Ah, yes, that's a common problem and unsolvable AFAIK with the AI editor. It's based on the fact that Attack Groups need a "captain" (often a hero) to be formed, so units without a captain won't do anything until they have one near.

Quote:
3) with the condition set to tier 2/3 hall they still decided to build 2 town hall sometimes when the army takes too long to clear the expansion. It's as if they're impatient and they just build the expansion hall inside the base.
Uhm, that's weird... there may be some problems if the AI doesn't clear an expansion at their first attack, try to order it to attack only when they have a decent unit group. (4/5 footies, 5 ranged units, maybe?)
Just to be sure, check if the AI's town hall in the "Building Priorities" is the same one the race has.

Quote:
4) It seems that setting attack priority that way Allied AI to rush to the aid even on first creeping regardless of the distance. I'm not sure if this have anything to do with Common Alliance Target set to be priority 1, but it seems that the Grunt Master's Sample AI one is set that way too.
Yeah, Common Alliance Target's priority set lower would help a lot in this case.
If the behavior doesn't change much, you may want also to uncheck "Defend Users".

Quote:
I'd like to know if the AI You use above suffers from the same issue. I tried mine on x6 speed match on 2v2 , custom AI vs Blizzard's Melee AI and custom AI seems to suffer ALL of the above 8 out of 10 tries.
It surely suffers from the 2nd problem, and 'probably' from the 4th one (I'm more of an AI "scripter" now, so I'm not using that kind of AI anymore), I don't recall the other ones happening after all the bugfixes I had to do on it.

Last edited by Michael Peppers : 07-18-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Michael Peppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 06:57 PM   #20
Archmage Owenalacaster
Laughs Derisively

Project Member: PoC

Submissions (1)

Archmage Owenalacaster is a jewel in the rough (180)Archmage Owenalacaster is a jewel in the rough (180)Archmage Owenalacaster is a jewel in the rough (180)

Race-Building Contest #1 Winner

Peppers ought to write an AI scripting tutorial, then.
Archmage Owenalacaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:27 PM   #21
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archmage Owenalacaster
Peppers ought to write an AI scripting tutorial, then.
Haha, maybe in the future. My scripting skills are based on the "magical" template I created to ease the work, so I'm not really expert in writing one from scratch. =)

I probably will, but not until this is approved. =P
Old 06-18-2011, 04:25 PM   #22
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Oh my, I forgot to make the 2nd Anniversary Bump!
Old 06-20-2011, 11:02 PM   #23
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Oh lordy lord. Hahaha. Tutorials were always slow, but....
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.

Last edited by Pyrogasm : 06-20-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:35 AM   #24
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrogasm
Oh lordy lord. Hahaha. Tutorials were always slow, but....
That's fine, I'm slow too. Also, I'm way more amused than annoyed by this situation.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:54 PM   #25
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

While I was never really interested in (custom) AI's, I can appreciate that this is made for custom races; perhaps changing the title to reflect that would help?

/shamelessbump
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:55 PM   #26
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Hah!
This will never get approved anyway, but that's some cool advice nonetheless.

Speaking about AIs, I've edited my last post on your thread.

Last edited by Michael Peppers : 06-29-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Michael Peppers is offline   Reply With Quote