wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > Systems
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 06-09-2009, 05:03 AM   #16
akolyt0r
In Flames

Submissions (3)

akolyt0r has a spectacular aura about (120)

I might change it when i got some more time...
Well, updated demo map with xe 0.6
Old 06-09-2009, 12:31 PM   #17
DanThanh
User

Submissions (1)

DanThanh has little to show at this moment (7)

Send a message via Yahoo to DanThanh

Well, I always like Nova - spells...this system looks cool, there is already another in this section, but it's old !
Old 06-15-2009, 08:56 PM   #18
Flame_Phoenix
retired coder | real ilfe

Submissions (10)

Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)

Send a message via MSN to Flame_Phoenix

Amazing system I must say. I wish you could make a spell with an example of "terminate" method, but I guess I can try one and then ask you to add it.

On the other hand, in your FireNova spell ....

- Why is the struct called WaterNova?
- Why do you use a location ?
- Why don't you set the arguments inside the create method?
- Why .... many more stuff about your coding style...
- What is your standard for changing the angle?
- When I make my projectiles fly upwards ( increasing Z axis) will the nova missiles affect ground units that are too low or to high for that axis ? (Per example, if I want to first kill ground unit, and then make the missile fly towards the sky to kill only air units ?)

Seems nice, I will check the other system as well xD
3-Making a spell in vJass - Practice Session 1
Check out all my current spells at here
Finally, check my project:
Castle vs Castle Flame Edition
Flame_Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:54 PM   #19
akolyt0r
In Flames

Submissions (3)

- oops ..an error left from development
- GetSpellTargetLoc() ...no way to get target x/y without a location, doesnt matter anyway its not a system anyway, just an example.
- would be possible aswell, yes, but it doesnt matter where you do this.
- ?
- radians
- no, its only meant for eyecandy. And it wouldnt be possible without using mass locations (GetLocationZ() ...stuff) instead of coordinates.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:25 PM   #20
Flame_Phoenix

Submissions (10)

Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)

Quote:
- ?
Meh I know you would just say "It doesn't matter" xD

Quote:
- no, its only meant for eyecandy. And it wouldnt be possible without using mass locations (GetLocationZ() ...stuff) instead of coordinates.
Ahhh damn ... Maybe you could add such a thing ?

After testing another nova systems I concluded that your system is quite limited.
Per example, what if I want to create a nova that starts from "out - in" instead of "in - out" like your spells ? I can't... =S
What if I want my nova to only affect a targeted unit ? I have to use hitTarget and check every time I hit an enemy to see if that enemy is the target I selected ...

I am just trying to be helpful on my annoying way =P
Old 06-15-2009, 10:45 PM   #21
akolyt0r
In Flames

Submissions (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame_Phoenix
Meh I know you would just say "It doesn't matter" xD

Ahhh damn ... Maybe you could add such a thing ?

After testing another nova systems I concluded that your system is quite limited.
Per example, what if I want to create a nova that starts from "out - in" instead of "in - out" like your spells ? I can't... =S
What if I want my nova to only affect a targeted unit ? I have to use hitTarget and check every time I hit an enemy to see if that enemy is the target I selected ...

I am just trying to be helpful on my annoying way =P

"out to in"-Novas might get added after 1.23b patch got official, i dont feel like starting on that before, who knows what new system might get introduced and stuff ...
Probably even after July, since i got all my examns in July.

and your second example, yes you are right, you have to filter the units yourself ... but to be honest, who cares, i saw never ever in the 6 years i already play wc3 a Nova spell which targets only one unit ... why would you use a Nova then ???
And, why should i add it ?, Internally the system would have to do excactly the same, and really ...is it that difficult to write 3 lines of code ??

Thanks for the criticism nontheless.

Last edited by akolyt0r : 06-15-2009 at 10:47 PM.
akolyt0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:27 PM   #22
Flame_Phoenix

Submissions (10)

Quote:
and your second example, yes you are right, you have to filter the units yourself ... but to be honest, who cares, i saw never ever in the 6 years i already play wc3 a Nova spell which targets only one unit ... why would you use a Nova then ???
And, why should i add it ?, Internally the system would have to do excactly the same, and really ...is it that difficult to write 3 lines of code ??
Nova is not all about the spell, it is also about the effect.
The problem is not wrtiing 3 lines of code, most people would do that without problems, problem is the overhead to efficiency such a thing would cost. When I ask you to add it, I as you not to do add the check in the system, but to add some sort of boolean that would say "hey this nova will not affect all units, just a target".

And, about your 3 years, fear not my friend, we learn something new every day. Here is your example:
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=82928

Ako, I will not lie to you, I believe that your system has potential, I may even use it on my map, BUT I also believe that your system has the obligation of being better than the system I presented. Why? Because we are in new times, if we can make something better we should! Besides, with two system on wc3c database your system should be good enough to grave any other nova system.

Just what I think.
Btw, you will not get rid of me that easily xD
Old 06-16-2009, 05:18 AM   #23
akolyt0r
In Flames

Submissions (3)

Quote:
Nova is not all about the spell, it is also about the effect.
The problem is not wrtiing 3 lines of code, most people would do that without problems, problem is the overhead to efficiency such a thing would cost. When I ask you to add it, I as you not to do add the check in the system, but to add some sort of boolean that would say "hey this nova will not affect all units, just a target".

And, about your 3 years, fear not my friend, we learn something new every day. Here is your example:
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=82928

Ako, I will not lie to you, I believe that your system has potential, I may even use it on my map, BUT I also believe that your system has the obligation of being better than the system I presented. Why? Because we are in new times, if we can make something better we should! Besides, with two system on wc3c database your system should be good enough to grave any other nova system.

Just what I think.
Btw, you will not get rid of me that easily xD

I already told, i will not add a feature noone will use ... and if people want to do some lame thing like a "Nova targeting one enemy" and the highest possible performance they will have to code it themselves ...
Beside its not that bad when you just filter the units urself in the hit-method... performance-wise.

The only thing that old thing can more than this, is that "out to in" thing.
I already told i would add it, whats your point ? And btw, show me how you achieve a spiralled Nova with that thing...

Last edited by akolyt0r : 06-16-2009 at 05:23 AM.
akolyt0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:44 AM   #24
Flame_Phoenix

Submissions (10)

Jesus, I get your point ..
One last think, I hope you will make your system backwards compatible, because I really intend to use it xD
Old 06-16-2009, 11:09 AM   #25
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Quote:
Umm, yes, that's kind of how you're supposed to do it?
Old 06-16-2009, 12:44 PM   #26
Flame_Phoenix

Submissions (10)

Quote:
Umm, yes, that's kind of how you're supposed to do it?
Arrghhh ... now you too ???

I got the point ...
Old 06-16-2009, 06:11 PM   #27
akolyt0r
In Flames

Submissions (3)

Quote:
Jesus, I get your point ..
One last think, I hope you will make your system backwards compatible, because I really intend to use it xD

sure, if i add a out-to-in feature, that will be an additional method or operator, i wont change the arguments needed for the create method
Old 06-20-2009, 11:32 AM   #28
Flame_Phoenix

Submissions (10)

Can't wait to see the updates =P
Btw, almost forgot rep++ for such a nice system.

EDIT EDIT EDIT

10 days missing until July comes xD

Last edited by Flame_Phoenix : 06-20-2009 at 11:32 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:06 AM   #29
Sinnergy
User

Sinnergy has little to show at this moment (8)

nice, can be simply implemented like xecollider, anyways I just suggest some things, since this requires xe, some of the xecollider users will use this, but some of your operator names are not really the same as xecollider, making the "xecollider" users waste another brain cell just remembering what xecollider and novasys operator for collision size and the method name to loop through the missiles(, while we already waste some of our brain cells since the way Vexorian name his operators in xe is pretty confusing, some of it uses plain "no-capitalization" of operators, i.e. xyangle, abilityid, etc, and some of it uses some kind of common programming naming conventions like capitalization of the next word, i.e. expirationTime, collisionSize, which tends the users to re-read the xe's readme just to check if we named the operator correctly).

Suggestions:
**xecollider's collision size operator is mycollider.collisionSize = value
**novasys' collision size operator is mynova.csize = value
it is shorter than xe's operator name, but I can't force Vexorian to use csize as the operator name of xecollider's collision size. I'm just suggesting to use the same as xe's collisionSize to avoid confusion about the two systems.

**xecollider's looping method name is loopControl
**novasys's looping method name is onTimerLoop
the same as above, it really takes time to open the readme, and re-read it, just to check if we used the right method name if we are coding xecollider earlier and haven't wasted some time memorizing all of the operators in novasys.

it may sound like "laziness", but its the best way to save other lazy people using xe and novasys to speed things up.

other suggestions, if all of the suggestions above are made, for the sake of formality, why not rename the system xenova at all? it sounds right, since it uses xe, also to tell the users (and those guest who didn't register wc3c.net) that the system is more like a "new" module for xe but from another author.

+rep for saving my arms from aching due to coding lots of nova stuffs using xecollider

a question: if I have 36 waves each with a 100 collision size and 50 damage, and for 1 unit there will be 10 waves to hit it, does all of the waves deal damage to the unit? making it deal 500 damage instead of just 50?
or in other words, does the wave stack with each other?

Last edited by Sinnergy : 06-24-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Sinnergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:15 AM   #30
akolyt0r
In Flames

Submissions (3)

you should have posted that criticism much earlier, before this system was approved (it was 6 months or something like that in the submit-a-ressource forum).
No i would have to break backwards compatibility...

Now i think that collisionSize would be better aswell ...

but i like onTimerLoop much more than loopControl...