wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > Tropical Tag > Suggestions
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 07-24-2006, 04:38 AM   #1
Karawasa
Element Tower Defense

Submissions (2)

Karawasa has a spectacular aura about (78)Karawasa has a spectacular aura about (78)Karawasa has a spectacular aura about (78)

Approved Map: Tropical TagApproved Map: Element TD

Send a message via AIM to Karawasa Send a message via MSN to Karawasa
Default Blinker Fish

Hey,

I want some input for a Fish that can only move by blinking. What should the stats be on the blink? Range? CD?

Also, what would his other spell be?

Brainstorm and give input please!

Element Tower Defense - Premier WC3 Custom Game
Karawasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 07-24-2006, 05:44 AM   #2
myst-ewe
User

myst-ewe has little to show at this moment (0)

i dont think bliking fish is too good of an idea but i think i have a skill for him.

6-way blink: sends the blinker to 1 of 6 diffrent spots around him and creates illusions for the other five spots but since this might be overed you could let the naga see which fish are real and which are illusion.

Natural speed: The blinker fish can blink faster and with longer range on land or water?(maybe lower cd on 1 place and longer range in the other?)

tell me what you think
myst-ewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 05:53 AM   #3
Karawasa
Element Tower Defense

Submissions (2)

Karawasa has a spectacular aura about (78)Karawasa has a spectacular aura about (78)Karawasa has a spectacular aura about (78)

6 Way-Blink is too much like Domino Theory spell on the Temporal Wizard. Good spell!

I don't think I want to do any land/water thing with this Fish. Just need the stats of a blink (keeping in mind he can't move) like the CD and the range.

Keep brainstorming though!

Old 07-24-2006, 06:27 AM   #4
Mystic Prophet
User

Mystic Prophet is on a distinguished road (16)

Send a message via AIM to Mystic Prophet Send a message via MSN to Mystic Prophet

problem with a blinking fish is it would undoubtably move slower overall then the other fish (in the case of short range with cooldowns), or it would move too far and be too overed.

I honestly don't like the direction the map is heading in kara, you seem to be fixating on the shiny stuff a bit much. one of your main reasons for wanting to get rid of the crab is because he doesnt use custom abilities. too much eye candy can be a bad thing. functionality and gameplay should always come first, I'd hate to see this turn into the dota of tag games.

Last edited by Mystic Prophet : 08-20-2006 at 07:26 AM.
Mystic Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 06:38 AM   #5
Karawasa
Element Tower Defense

Submissions (2)

Blinking Fish would most likely be slightly overed being as my intention was to make him a Fish that you would get by randoming (1/8 chance).

@Mystic: Functionality and gameplay always come first I agree. The MAIN reason I removed Frog was not that he wasn't shiny, Leap was very custom. Rather, it was that he was such a game ruining Fish. I myself never had trouble killing Frogs but they were always a pain in the ass to kill. For noobs, they would NEVER find the Frogs. No Fish should be able to be invis and move at the same time.

I am indeed fixating on the Shiny stuff. However, I am keeping functionality and gameplay first. Every new "Shiny" spell has an intended purpose that I have thought out. I have planned what situations it will be good in and how it will be used. I don't throw any spell into the map without giving thought on how it will function.

Old 07-24-2006, 06:50 AM   #6
Timmay
User

Submissions (4)

Timmay is on a distinguished road (17)

AI Tournament #2 - 3rd Place

Why don't you just use the fish that is supposed to replace the crab to instead replace the frog. Then you can leave the crab. =D
Old 07-24-2006, 06:51 AM   #7
Karawasa
Element Tower Defense

Submissions (2)

Well then I would have to decide on either axing the Earth Elemental or the Temporal Wizard. Both, which I consider really fun. I can't wait to play them in a real game.

If however, they turn out to be failures, I can always bring back the crab. Dunno, to me the crab was so boring and unoriginal. I think you guys are going to really love the two new Fish. They play a lot better then they sound on paper (and I think they sonud good).

Last edited by Karawasa : 07-24-2006 at 06:52 AM.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:32 AM   #8
Pheonix-IV
I want you inside me...

Submissions (17)

Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)

Boring an unoriginal are not nessisarily bad things.

Look at the original AoS series, no custom spells what so ever, yet DotA is now the No.1 Bnet map, addmittedly it's changed alot since the original AoS days, but when AoS first came out with no custom abilities at all it was still very fun and popular.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:29 AM   #9
Karawasa
Element Tower Defense

Submissions (2)

I guess all I have to say is that you guys need to wait to try the new Fishies for yourselves.

I am sure you won't be disappointed.

Old 08-01-2006, 07:16 AM   #10
Rawr_l)3m0n
User

Rawr_l)3m0n has little to show at this moment (0)

Send a message via MSN to Rawr_l)3m0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karawasa
Well then I would have to decide on either axing the Earth Elemental or the Temporal Wizard. Both, which I consider really fun. I can't wait to play them in a real game.

If however, they turn out to be failures, I can always bring back the crab. Dunno, to me the crab was so boring and unoriginal. I think you guys are going to really love the two new Fish. They play a lot better then they sound on paper (and I think they sonud good).

If you axe any of the new stuff while i'm away and before i get a chance to play i'll hunt you down

Last edited by Rawr_l)3m0n : 12-27-2006 at 11:47 AM.
Rawr_l)3m0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:15 PM   #11
tannish2
User

tannish2 has little to show at this moment (0)

Send a message via MSN to tannish2

ok, i think MP and pheonix r right about shinyness, crab was good balanced fish and his secondary skill would be either: 1. slow movement (for building, otherwise it would be a HUGE pain in the ass) or emergency blink: seperate (longer) cooldown thing, o and blink wouldnt count as spell for the invis item, but emergency blink would

o and original AOS owns DOTA

if u sleep EXACTLY the right amount its like being high (not a great hi but at least its something) but without the needles or smoke inhalation, AND ITS COMPLETELY LEGAL!

Last edited by tannish2 : 08-02-2006 at 10:16 PM.
tannish2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:51 AM   #12
Karawasa
Element Tower Defense

Submissions (2)

So, should there be a blinker Fish that is a secret random that you have a 1/8 chance of getting?

If so, someone give me numbers on his blink spell.

Old 08-09-2006, 11:08 PM   #13
tannish2
User

tannish2 has little to show at this moment (0)

Send a message via MSN to tannish2

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! NONONONONO aqnd building might be a problem for him,,,, just a thought

if u sleep EXACTLY the right amount its like being high (not a great hi but at least its something) but without the needles or smoke inhalation, AND ITS COMPLETELY LEGAL!
tannish2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 06:32 AM   #14
jus1992
User

jus1992 has little to show at this moment (3)

first off im back second off heres a spell

ally retreat: if there is a nearby ally base u activate this to make it that every blink goes farther then usual the catch is ur forced to go to the closest ally base (meaning this is used to retreat to ally base)

jus1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 11:49 AM   #15
Rawr_l)3m0n
User

Rawr_l)3m0n has little to show at this moment (0)

Send a message via MSN to Rawr_l)3m0n

You could decide to or not, but my suggestion is...
add a totally SECRET fish that you come up with and balance it all your own and put it for random only. That way people will get a bigger surprise When they already think how awesome this map is.
Rawr_l)3m0n is offline   Reply With Quote