wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > General Development
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 02:05 AM   #346
SanKakU
User

SanKakU has a little shameless behaviour in the past (-2)

Send a message via AIM to SanKakU Send a message via MSN to SanKakU Send a message via Yahoo to SanKakU

i'm not an idiot...i've searched the threads and found nothing. the only threads i can find maps in are usually like spells themselves, i can't find any from these so called hero contests...i don't want to sound rude but this is all seeming like some sort of bad joke...

i'm not the only one having trouble finding the results to contests apparently... http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t...8+hero+contest
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 12-18-2009, 02:10 AM   #347
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

Try google or something and the reason that guy didn't find the results for that contest is not related to search but because the results were not released by the time he made that post.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Old 12-18-2009, 03:50 AM   #348
Zerzax
Zerzy

Submissions (2)

Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverSpell Making Session 13 WinnerSpell Making Session 12 Winner

Send a message via AIM to Zerzax Send a message via MSN to Zerzax

Well if we get the proposed extension then Callahan and I will be able to finish soon. Add one to the list if this is the case. I think it will be worth it, though clearly not as epic as the last contest.

1. Die - D2 Barbarian
2. Time to Die - D2 Barbarian
3. Too Much Baggage! - D1 Warrior
4. I Gotta Pawn Some of This Stuff! - D1 Warrior
Old 12-18-2009, 03:57 AM
randope
This message has been deleted by Rising_Dusk. Reason: I appreciate the effort, but he needs to figure this out on his own.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:53 AM   #349
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanKaKu
nope. it's apparently impossible for me. .w3x never seems to show up with anything.
You should search the word contest, or just look in the T&S forum sticky list and click the thing that says "Contest Backlog." All past contest threads, results, and so forth regarding coding at all are logged there for convenience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanKaKu
i'm not an idiot...i've searched the threads and found nothing. the only threads i can find maps in are usually like spells themselves, i can't find any from these so called hero contests...i don't want to sound rude but this is all seeming like some sort of bad joke...
I'm not saying you're an idiot, but you must show at least a semblence of competence in navigating the internet if you're going to have a presence upon it. We've documented this stuff for you plain as day, there's not much else we can do short of holding your hand. (And we're not going to do that)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexorian
Even if there is a extension, how many teams at most will we have? 4?
Probably, but who cares. At this point, I'd like it to at least be 4 submissions so the results aren't completely obvious and lame. The contest doesn't even proceed to the poll with fewer than 3 entries, so, extension until the end of the year.

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 12-18-2009 at 06:54 AM.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:30 AM   #350
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

deolrin is a jewel in the rough (167)deolrin is a jewel in the rough (167)

Send a message via MSN to deolrin

Ooh... We might still have a chance. Nice.

~Gladiator, Sacred
Old 12-18-2009, 01:49 PM   #351
dust
User

dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)

Hero #4 extra-official winner

I hate extentions when I have already finished my stuff :P

but that way I could create some final stuff
Old 12-18-2009, 02:59 PM   #352
Askhati
User

Askhati will become famous soon enough (26)

I'm curious to see the two other spells that Mc! is going to come up with for his War Contraption. The current two are quite interesting, can't wait to see what the flamer and claw-launcher/-summoner do... And it has Baby Grom as a pilot - you don't get more cute than that!
Official promoter of Giak literacy
Old 12-18-2009, 04:35 PM   #353
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust
I hate extentions when I have already finished my stuff :P
Why? You should love them, because you're already done and now don't have to worry about it.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:13 PM   #354
[–]
User

[–] will become famous soon enough (44)[–] will become famous soon enough (44)

...Still no word from Fulla.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:33 AM   #355
Askhati
User

Askhati will become famous soon enough (26)

Damn... This contest was so promising when it started out...
Official promoter of Giak literacy
Old 12-20-2009, 08:44 AM   #356
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

They always are.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:23 PM   #357
Toadcop
BuranX

Submissions (4)

Toadcop is just really nice (299)Toadcop is just really nice (299)

Approved Map: TcXSpell Making Session 10 Winner

Send a message via ICQ to Toadcop

Quote:
otherwise i am not in O_O
Quote:
You sound as if it was really important for us that you joined...
Quote:
Even if there is a extension, how many teams at most will we have? 4?

Toadcop not in == no party.

// xD ...
Old 12-20-2009, 05:42 PM   #358
[–]
User

[–] will become famous soon enough (44)[–] will become famous soon enough (44)

You're annoying.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:18 PM   #359
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

I'd rather have only 4 heroes and it seems that these 4 heroes are very good (at least mine could devastate anything that participated in the previous contest) than the stuff TC tried to pass as heroes last years anyway.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Old 12-20-2009, 08:30 PM   #360
Toadcop
BuranX

Submissions (4)

Toadcop is just really nice (299)Toadcop is just really nice (299)

Approved Map: TcXSpell Making Session 10 Winner

Send a message via ICQ to Toadcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Of Perfect Hero Design
I'd rather have only 4 heroes and it seems that these 4 heroes are very good (at least mine could devastate anything that participated in the previous contest) than the stuff TC tried to pass as heroes last years anyway.