wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > General Development
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 02:33 PM   #301
Hakujou
User

Hakujou has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexorian
allowing just whatever coding method people would like was always the intention originally (I mean for god's sake, we are even allowing GUI). Fixed "programming rules" section.

You sound as if it was really important for us that you joined...

I loled a bit.

Project Hakujou, Area 11.
Post Apocalyptic Role-Playing Game
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 12-08-2009, 02:39 PM   #302
Mc !
Master Creator !

Acting art director
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (101)

Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1118)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1118)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1118)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1118)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1118)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1118)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1118)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd PlaceModeling session 2 - Chimeras

Send a message via MSN to Mc !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakujou
I loled a bit.

Man... that post was done like a month ago!

-------

Finished the generic anims (he can walk now!! Mwahaha) About to start spell-specific animations. And I do believe I might not finish it soon enough... I have quite a busy week.

Awesomeness = #Rep / #Posts
Old 12-09-2009, 02:50 AM   #303
The Dark One
User

The Dark One will become famous soon enough (25)

All salute the lord of mercy, Raising Dusk, and may he live forever more.

I am up to my nose in homework and exams and would really appreciate an extension, I can rush things (and the bad quality isnít going to get any worse than it already is) but Iíll have to pretend that I donít have an astronomy exam tomorrow and hope that I still pass it with a miracle.

My partner isnít done either as far as I know.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:16 AM   #304
Tot
Ü6Ü

Tot will become famous soon enough (53)Tot will become famous soon enough (53)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark One
All salute the lord of mercy, Raising Dusk, and may he live forever more.

I am up to my nose in homework and exams and would really appreciate an extension, I can rush things (and the bad quality isnít going to get any worse than it already is) but Iíll have to pretend that I donít have an astronomy exam tomorrow and hope that I still pass it with a miracle.

My partner isnít done either as far as I know.

I've finished the coding, but can't test it cause of an jassHelper thorwing "pjass-errors" all the time.

I pmed you that i'm (nearly) finished, I only need some1 to compile my map so i can check everything

I'd be also happy about some additional time

bye
  • hunting emos
Old 12-10-2009, 12:26 AM   #305
dust
User

dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)

Hero #4 extra-official winner

we finally got a good concept for our hero now. Will do some edits to the mesh soon.

oh and here is a preview of a sfx :D

Old 12-10-2009, 12:29 AM   #306
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

That looks pretty sweet, actually. Good job so far!

ANYWAYS: I will be extending this a bit. I'll announce just how much at around midnight GMT-5, though.

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 12-10-2009 at 12:31 AM.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:00 AM   #307
NiRVaNa_87
!

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (8)

NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)

Skinning Contest #12 WinnerSkinning Contest 6 ~ Ancient Civilization

Yeah, i really like that sfx. Is there any way to make the bolts from the sides to fade out or something instead of disappearing so abruptly? If thatīs not possible, I suggest making them dissappear each in a different time.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:04 AM   #308
Mc !
Master Creator !

Acting art director
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (101)

Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1118)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1118)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1118)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1118)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1118)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1118)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1118)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd PlaceModeling session 2 - Chimeras

Send a message via MSN to Mc !

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust
oh and here is a preview of a sfx :D

:O ... It's really nice... and epic... Perhaps you could add a semi-transparent blu glow on the hero to increase the epicness. Also you should try a smoother transition on the lightnings...

Awesomeness = #Rep / #Posts
Old 12-10-2009, 01:29 AM   #309
Zerzax
Zerzy

Submissions (2)

Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverSpell Making Session 13 WinnerSpell Making Session 12 Winner

Send a message via AIM to Zerzax Send a message via MSN to Zerzax

Well thanks Dusk, I think we can all say we like this extension. Here are my two cents: An extra week would be off the heezy, so to speak.

1. Die - D2 Barbarian
2. Time to Die - D2 Barbarian
3. Too Much Baggage! - D1 Warrior
4. I Gotta Pawn Some of This Stuff! - D1 Warrior
Old 12-10-2009, 11:49 AM   #310
Anachron
User

Anachron will become famous soon enough (51)Anachron will become famous soon enough (51)

An additional week would be kinda cool.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:55 PM   #311
Zerzax
Zerzy

Submissions (2)

Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverSpell Making Session 13 WinnerSpell Making Session 12 Winner

I have a question for Dusk - is there any passive ability or a buff that lasts through death that can disable a unit's attacks? The gist of it is that in some cases my hero needs to still have disabled attacks after reviving - I don't relish the idea of making a timer check periodically until he's back then re-adding the disable buff, though it is possible. I was thinking of using orb effects, but I realized that they only enable, not disable, specified attack indices.

1. Die - D2 Barbarian
Old 12-10-2009, 11:22 PM   #312
Bobo_The_Kodo
oO

Bobo_The_Kodo has a spectacular aura about (109)Bobo_The_Kodo has a spectacular aura about (109)Bobo_The_Kodo has a spectacular aura about (109)Bobo_The_Kodo has a spectacular aura about (109)

Quote:
I have a question for Dusk - is there any passive ability or a buff that lasts through death that can disable a unit's attacks? The gist of it is that in some cases my hero needs to still have disabled attacks after reviving - I don't relish the idea of making a timer check periodically until he's back then re-adding the disable buff, though it is possible. I was thinking of using orb effects, but I realized that they only enable, not disable, specified attack indices.
Use UnitStatus + AutoEvents together would work imo
Old 12-10-2009, 11:32 PM   #313
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

The deadline has been extended by a week to December 17th. And Zerzy, Bobo's suggestion is good.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:33 PM   #314
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerzax
I don't relish the idea of making a timer check periodically until he's back then re-adding the disable buff, though it is possible.
There is a revive event, no need for the timer.

Otherwise, I can think of no method that could disable attacks like that.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:01 AM   #315
Zerzax
Zerzy

Submissions (2)

Sounds good, thanks guys.

I suppose I'll register that revival event, that would be important. I have another question. Are we allowed to use PlayerSetAbilityAvailable for a main hero ability? It makes everything work perfectly, as I'm using it to hide a hero ability and replace it with a dummy ability that the player will use. It maintains cooldown and level as opposed to Remove/Add ability, and allows me to use the same icon slot on the interface (a big plus for preventing unnecessary extra user casts and looks quite nice to boot). The issue, of course, is that this has the potential to screw up any duplicate heroes the player has, but I won't provide extras in the testing.

1. Die - D2 Barbarian
Closed Thread