wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Ghost Forums > Map Database
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2006, 01:09 PM   #31
Grafish
User

Grafish has little to show at this moment (0)

Nearly 2 years of work... Well RDZ it was worth it!

Grafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 07-04-2006, 01:11 PM   #32
Alucardsonofvlad
User

Alucardsonofvlad has little to show at this moment (0)

Thumbs up Just GREAT

Unvelibable, such a great map, great theme,lots of fun , only 1 problem: the Music, i had to turn sounds off after 5 minutes or i would have become absolutely MAD i give it 4/5

SAY YES TO NOOB HELPING

noobs arent bad ppl they are just misundertood (or misunderstaning) ppl, i was a noob as well as rao dao zao, you know booting noobs increases the number of crappy maps?
Alucardsonofvlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:16 AM   #33
Av3n
Roar!

Project Leader: TBR
Project Member: PoC

Submissions (7)

Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)

Hero #4 extra-official winner2008 Spell olympics - Fire - BronzeHero Contest #3 - 3rd Place

this map is pretty neat, one think i hated about it that you had to watch the cinematics cause if you escape something would go wrong though..
Av3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 12:35 PM   #34
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

Examples, please?
Old 07-28-2006, 12:46 PM   #35
Jacek
Banned

Submissions (1)

Jacek is a jewel in the rough (164)Jacek is a jewel in the rough (164)

Send a message via MSN to Jacek

SPOILERS INSIDE

Rao whats need fixing is the mission where towers raise from the ground and you must destroy them. Actually I had to destroy 2 of them, because third got destroyed almost instantly by my plasma towers I stacked during tower defense part

Jacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 12:48 PM   #36
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)

Don't worry Jacek, I've been working on that one for the next update.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:13 PM   #37
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

More map breaking from the atomic bomb of map testing!

I broke the map again, RDZ...

Spoilers

After the immortal guy fights you (world's easiest fight with 3 water elementals by the way), you walk out. At first, I got confused by the fact you have to fight and beat the guard captain again (not what the quest said, so I summoned and ran, then came back to complete your script...). What happened next was that, just as I ended the second fight against the immortal guy, I finished the pig quest.
Result: I got moved inside the now closed and invulnerable gates, and could not get out.

Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 12:44 AM   #38
Ben123
User

Ben123 has little to show at this moment (0)

yeah, id have to lay, LOVE the game, HATE the music, sry, but it made me want to kill myself...next time, make i more questy type music :)
Ben123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 09:15 AM   #39
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Have you not read anything I have previously stated? The music is non-negociable. If you lot weren't stuck in a bloody rut of things having to be precisely as all the clichés, you might appreciate this better.

Griffen: Argh. At least I know how/why this is happening and can do something about it
Old 08-05-2006, 10:34 AM   #40
DD_Draco
User

DD_Draco has little to show at this moment (7)

I played this about 1-2 months ago, and i loved it, solely and wholely loved it. It was two years of well paid work...

Oh and just for kicks, THE MUSIC... OMG, SO BAD xD... I saw ur myspace blog xD and i just had to comment...

That and i hadnt said anything once i played it...
DD_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 11:20 AM   #41
Wyvernoid
Santa Wyvvy!

Wyvernoid will become famous soon enough (44)Wyvernoid will become famous soon enough (44)

Send a message via MSN to Wyvernoid

Well, why, I don't think the music sucks, and in fact, I love it ^_^ It makes me excited though I was not a guy loving rock music (is this rock? maybe not, but some metal bash appeared^^) And, I loved the Captain model, especially that final strike against Bah... BahWhat ;-) I forgot his name.

Hey buddies! Check out Silly JASS Utility v2.0 Beta ^^ REALLY updated.

INACTIVE
Wyvernoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 02:08 PM   #42
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Theoretically, it's "new wave," I think. Ultravox were kinda genre-busting in their own way...
Old 08-05-2006, 05:15 PM   #43
Armelior
User

Submissions (3)

Armelior will become famous soon enough (44)Armelior will become famous soon enough (44)

I tried this map a long time ago but had to give up because of the music
At 50% it's much better as music should NEVER be louder than battle sounds. It's meant to be an ambiance theme, not the center of the action like it can in a cine. And RDZ, if you really like this music it doesn't mean it fits for the main theme on a RPG map. And I don't speak of the genre, it's not a bad idea to put a techno-kinda music instead of the usual thems but this song is very very repetitive so it's not good for in-game (perfect for cine).
Same with the fart and beer dialogs, at start it's funny and in the end of the game you want to strangle the hero when he says that in the middle of a fight against ancients.

So I tried the new version and it's much better than I expected. The first quests with the 2 villages are kinda boring (except the tower defense thingy that changes from usual gameplay in a rpg map), but after you see the ancient the first time I really liked the story and the last battle with the towers is more fun with ancients spawning everywhere.

Just another detail : it's the first time I see such a good terraining on a soooo flat island, a few hills could improve.

Overall a really good job here, but the beginning is a little too dull. It deserves a rep.
Armelior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 05:43 PM   #44
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Why shouldn't music be the centre of the action? Where is the rulebook that states "music must be ambient or you die"?

Seriously, one more comment about the music and I will explode. It is an integral part of the map.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:04 AM   #45
King Klear
The king

Submissions (4)

King Klear has a spectacular aura about (84)King Klear has a spectacular aura about (84)King Klear has a spectacular aura about (84)

Approved Map: Zombie Island: The Curse of the Lost City

Send a message via ICQ to King Klear

The music rocks!

*RDZ explodes*