wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map / Campaign Projects
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-15-2009, 02:01 AM   #691
TotallyAwesome
User

Project Member: TBR

Submissions (7)

TotallyAwesome is a jewel in the rough (164)TotallyAwesome is a jewel in the rough (164)

Send a message via ICQ to TotallyAwesome Send a message via AIM to TotallyAwesome Send a message via MSN to TotallyAwesome Send a message via Yahoo to TotallyAwesome

Guys, someone wants to see you!
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-15-2009, 05:04 AM   #692
Fluff
or your money back!

Submissions (1)

Fluff will become famous soon enough (64)Fluff will become famous soon enough (64)Fluff will become famous soon enough (64)

I'll be the first to say that looks good, TA.

Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:41 AM   #693
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Project Leader: LoC

Submissions (27)

Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAwesome
Guys, someone wants to see you!
You didn't!
Dude, that's awesome!

How do we deal with animations? Hopefully, I can get AnemicRoyalty to texture him :D As I'm already pinned down with textures that needs doing.

Notice, every boss will have a small cinematic intro. Featuring a unique piece of music and/or sound (to increase excitement). In King Leoric's case it would be the famous line: You dare to bring the warmth of life into my tomb? Prepare yourself mortal, to serve me for all eternity!
Not to mention all the spells & abilities, we will give him. So you know, as with any model/texture, we will take good care of him

lol, I just found the old screenshots of the player's first metting with Leoric. Featuring jigrael's Demon Knight model.
Zoom (requires log in)

In other news, I've begun the detail work on DC's face.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dcdetailface.png
Views:	121
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	44984

Last edited by Archian : 08-15-2009 at 08:44 AM.
Archian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:57 AM   #694
Ikum-bokum
User

Submissions (4)

Ikum-bokum will become famous soon enough (60)Ikum-bokum will become famous soon enough (60)Ikum-bokum will become famous soon enough (60)

May I suggest the use of voice actors for the bosses? :]

Last edited by Ikum-bokum : 08-15-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Ikum-bokum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:27 AM   #695
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Submissions (27)

Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikum-bokum
May I suggest the use of voice actors for the bosses? :]
That won't be necessary. As I already have the sounds I need. For instance, I use the sound of Leoric from the Wizard trailer for the intro of the Skeleton King/King Leoric to back up the subtitle.

I need voice actors for the NPC's, though. But it's hard to come by anyone with a good Deckard Cain/Sean Connery voice :P

Last edited by Archian : 08-15-2009 at 09:29 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:29 AM   #696
Linaze
User

Linaze will become famous soon enough (50)Linaze will become famous soon enough (50)

Send a message via MSN to Linaze

Won't sounds make the file size rise to the sky?
Linaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:36 AM   #697
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Submissions (27)

Nawh, the sound file sizes are all around 250KB. However, for the singleplayer version I expect to use larger music files. As I wish to capture the essence of Diablo. Music/sound has a great impact on how you experience a visual media.

Imagine a horror movie, with no sound... Not scary at all...
Old 08-15-2009, 09:37 AM   #698
Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo
User

Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo has little to show at this moment (8)

Well just some units sound won't hurt.
Also I really hope you put in the Diablo 3 Main Theme (of course compressed). I guess Blizzard is fine with their sounds taken for Wc3 maps. Since they belong to Blizzard anyway and it's a great advertisement ;P

Edit: Oh sweet, kinda got my answer already ;)

Last edited by Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo : 08-15-2009 at 09:37 AM.
Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:23 AM   #699
Ikum-bokum
User

Submissions (4)

Ikum-bokum will become famous soon enough (60)Ikum-bokum will become famous soon enough (60)Ikum-bokum will become famous soon enough (60)

The reason I proposed voice actors is because I just got a new mic and I wanted to try out. I could try and pull off a Cain voice (as well as other NPCs) with lots of effort and/or editing. So yell if you need anything.
Ikum-bokum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:54 AM   #700
Linaze
User

Linaze will become famous soon enough (50)Linaze will become famous soon enough (50)

Send a message via MSN to Linaze

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYsiOcXS-1o 0:35
Find this guy and have him to the voice acting for Deckard Cain. ^^

Last edited by Linaze : 08-15-2009 at 10:54 AM.
Linaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:17 PM   #701
TotallyAwesome
User

Submissions (7)

TotallyAwesome is a jewel in the rough (164)TotallyAwesome is a jewel in the rough (164)

Send a message via ICQ to TotallyAwesome Send a message via AIM to TotallyAwesome Send a message via MSN to TotallyAwesome Send a message via Yahoo to TotallyAwesome

Archian, to avoid any copright shit, I could replicate D3 music in fruity loops (and make actual loops that take very small amounts of memory).

As for animations, it's up to you, I though arthas was compatible, but he can use any animation set. Oh, and one more thing, ike_ike was the first one to pick on the texture, so, I will have him texture it too.

Last edited by TotallyAwesome : 08-15-2009 at 12:20 PM.
TotallyAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:31 PM   #702
Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo
User

Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo has little to show at this moment (8)

You seriously needn't be afraid of copyrights I think.
Afterall the map somewhat belongs to Blizzard and also Bashiok already said he like the Diablo 3 map of Cloudwolf.
Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 01:54 PM   #703
TotallyAwesome
User

Submissions (7)

I am talking about music. It is illegal to use starcraft music in wc3, so a project that used to replicate SC in WC3 had to require starcraft CD to play.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:10 PM   #704
Alevice
It feels good

Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)

Much in the same vein wow models are illegal to use outside wow.

Also I prefer the way Leoric says it in the original: "The wamrth of life has entered my tomb. Prepare yourself mortal... to serve my master for etetrnity hehehehaHA"

Those reverences to Diablo most bosses had in Diablo 1 is something I miss from the sequels. "My blade sings for your blood MORTAL, and by my dark Masters it shall NOT be denied !!"

Alevice.jones is SC2 Beta, losers.

Check out my never updated deviantart gallery!!

Kalimdor Raiders (Race Contest #1) Pastebin Page
Cavern Crawlers (Race Contest #2) Pastebin Page
Airship Race Motherfuckers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://ajaxian.com/archives/would-you-like-a-_-with-that-new-library-gives-js-what-it-should-have#comment-276203
- Dont solve problems that dont exist.
- Improve the wheel, dont reinvent it.
- Port the wheel if it doesnt exist in your environment.
- Integrate the wheel into your project.
- Make sure you can replace your wooden wheel for a rubber one if someone else invents it.
Alevice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:37 PM   #705
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Submissions (27)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAwesome
Archian, to avoid any copright shit, I could replicate D3 music in fruity loops (and make actual loops that take very small amounts of memory).

As for animations, it's up to you, I though arthas was compatible, but he can use any animation set. Oh, and one more thing, ike_ike was the first one to pick on the texture, so, I will have him texture it too.
That might be needed :) I don't know if Blizzard thinks about copyright when one of their own music themes are being used in one of their own products, for non-commercial profit. But whatever..

As for animations, yeah Arthas seems ideal. However, perhaps we could ask jigrael if we could rip the animations from his Doom Knight? Arn't his better?

BTW did you use this as reference for the model?