wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > War of the Three Hammers
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 02-18-2008, 08:05 PM   #31
camel's_hump
Gone.

Project Leader: WotTH

Submissions (25)

camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)

I do not care if you think I over do it, this model is too low poly for WotTH right now and there is no denying it.

Supa I don't see why you are skinning it when the model needs to be edited and the unwrap changed. The uv wastes so much space, and it is done very strangely. For the texture you have made so far it looks like he has a dent in his head and was stung by a bee to make him puffy.

And I am moving all these posts out of the WIP Showcase thread because they do not belong there. That thread is for finished parts.

Oogabooga

Last edited by camel's_hump : 02-18-2008 at 08:05 PM.
camel's_hump is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-18-2008, 08:10 PM   #32
SUPa-
User

Submissions (4)

SUPa- will become famous soon enough (64)SUPa- will become famous soon enough (64)SUPa- will become famous soon enough (64)

Really, I still don't get why you think the polycount is too low. Let me bring up another worker, shall I? Zoom (requires log in)

The face for this one basically looks like a curved plane with a nose on it and cheeks, the torso isn't much different from that of mine, and the arms look like they just have one more edge than mine. Also, the legs look even lower poly than mine.

Last edited by SUPa- : 02-18-2008 at 08:21 PM.
SUPa- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:34 PM   #33
camel's_hump
Gone.

Project Leader: WotTH

Submissions (25)

camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)

Look at how the other one's model has shape and character.

Oogabooga
camel's_hump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:06 PM   #34
antihero
Evening Commmmmmmissioner

Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (11)

antihero is a jewel in the rough (238)antihero is a jewel in the rough (238)antihero is a jewel in the rough (238)antihero is a jewel in the rough (238)

Skinning Contest #13 WinnerSkinning contest 2

Ok, your uv wrap should look something more like this.
You want to give more space to the areas that will be viewed most, ie. the face.
Seams should be as few as possible and should not be visible.
Seam for torso should be under the armpit. Seam for arm should be on the medial side, in between the biceps and the triceps.

Questions?

Zoom (requires log in)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WildhammerLaborerTexture2 copy.jpg (146.1 KB, 83 views)

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHEEEHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited by antihero : 02-18-2008 at 09:07 PM.
antihero is offline   Reply With Quote