wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map / Campaign Projects
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 02-03-2008, 10:19 AM   #16
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan
I've tried it.First it's a very enjoyable.It shows that you can make a lot with few.
It's more the story that make it entertaining since the gameplay is too simple for now.

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. Gameplay will become more complex (ie: more abilities and stuff) in later chapters.

Quote:
Also it's just a really minor detail but the camera when your are in a room (father or daughter) is a bit too close.I have to move Nazar right in the corner of the screen to go out.
I think you should press X to turn letterbox mode on when you create your camera.

It's gradually been moving out each version; there's a trade off between immersive views and useful views. I'll move it out a bit more.

Quote:
Also the hotkey for 'block' I guess it's default set to 'B' for 'Berserk' but just set it to B in custom because in french version of war3 the default hotkey is 'F' for 'Folie furieuse'.

Very good point, I hadn't thought of that. Consider it fixed for version 5.

Anyway, new version out. You can change between easy/normal/hard from the menu, you can adjust the camera distance (may break a wee bit if you enter cinematic mode while doing it, but you can just set it back anyway; it has limits on it). Actualy, I just thought of how to fix that, so I've added that to my to do list. Opening cinematic is skippable now as well (only if you press escape before Nazar speaks).
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-03-2008, 10:49 AM   #17
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

My terrains are never perfect on the first try. Only after weeks of tweaking and twiddling do we get to the level you experience in my finished products. :3
Old 02-03-2008, 11:45 AM   #18
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

You spelled "artifact" as "artefact" in the dialogue where Nazar says "I just had this feeling in my gut. Let me guess..."
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:17 PM   #19
Captain Griffen

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

I speak and thus write in the One True English. Speak not to me of your heathen ways!
Quote:
Old 02-03-2008, 03:02 PM   #20
SeruK
I'm the One

Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (8)

SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)

Send a message via MSN to SeruK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Griffen
In content, or actual physical speed? Because except when you are in control, the dialogue time to text ratio is quite large.
In content, I suppose. I have problem classifying just what it is that's bugging me. It might be the overly witty part...
Old 02-03-2008, 09:17 PM   #21
DukeCz
User

Submissions (2)

DukeCz has little to show at this moment (5)

Don't work for me:(

92% of teens have moved onto hip-hop. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature
DukeCz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:20 PM   #22
Captain Griffen

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeCz
Don't work for me:(

In what way?

And if it is the non-music version, I suggest you try the music version, since the non-music version isn't tested (I just delete the music files; it shouldn't cause a problem, but, say, if you're on a Mac, WC3 may randomly find that offensive...).
Quote:
Old 02-04-2008, 12:16 PM   #23
DukeCz
User

Submissions (2)

DukeCz has little to show at this moment (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Griffen
In what way?

And if it is the non-music version, I suggest you try the music version, since the non-music version isn't tested (I just delete the music files; it shouldn't cause a problem, but, say, if you're on a Mac, WC3 may randomly find that offensive...).

Well music version works for me..i am on PC.

Btw nonmusic version always when i start it, just go back to the maps list (srry for bad english :O )

92% of teens have moved onto hip-hop. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

Last edited by DukeCz : 02-04-2008 at 12:16 PM.
DukeCz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:57 PM   #24
Captain Griffen

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Problem solved, sorry about that. When saving, the preprocessor didn't fire or something. Simply resaving solved it (I really should test to see that hasn't happened before releasing, but ahh well).
Quote:
Old 03-08-2008, 03:56 PM   #25
Callahan
Bullseye

Submissions (72)

Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)

How 's the progress Captain?Anything new?

_________
I support every RPG map maker.
_______
OMG!My signature doesn't countains subliminal messages anymore!
Callahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 05:17 PM   #26
Captain Griffen

Content Director

Submissions (2)

I am in the process of voicing the first episode. Then I shall release the release candidate for it, and then start work on the second episode properly.
Quote:
Old 03-11-2008, 06:23 PM   #27
Here-b-Trollz
Corkscrew Chainsaw!!!

Here-b-Trollz has a spectacular aura about (149)

Hero Contest #2 - 2nd Place

The flowers are kind of an issue - since it's possible to attempt to pick them before you get an inventory. Maybe they could be just not there until you gain inventory? Really it's not a huge deal...

Oh and also - BADASS.

Last edited by Here-b-Trollz : 03-11-2008 at 07:13 PM.
Here-b-Trollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 01:53 PM   #28
Merlin
User

Merlin has little to show at this moment (0)

Just finished the demo and it's pretty good. My only complaint is that you use too many semicolons in your dialog. It's quite distracting. Try using periods and commas, or conjunctions instead.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 02:06 PM   #29
Captain Griffen

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Quote:
The flowers are kind of an issue - since it's possible to attempt to pick them before you get an inventory. Maybe they could be just not there until you gain inventory? Really it's not a huge deal...

They are meant to be hard to find and the such like. They were never an all too serious addition tbh.

Quote:
Oh and also - BADASS.

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin
Just finished the demo and it's pretty good. My only complaint is that you use too many semicolons in your dialog. It's quite distracting. Try using periods and commas, or conjunctions instead.

A semi-colon acts as a conjunction; a comma cannot replace a semi-colon. Please learn to use English before lecturing me on it; an A-level or the equivilent will suffice.

But on a serious note, I just happen to speak a lot in a way that requires the use of a semi-colon; I'm that sort of a guy.
Quote:

Last edited by Captain Griffen : 03-22-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:45 PM   #30
SeruK
I'm the One

Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (8)

SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)

Send a message via MSN to SeruK

I just happen to speak a lot in a way that requires the use of a semi-colon - I'm that sort of guy.