wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > Elimination Tournament
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 11-16-2007, 11:02 PM   #31
Toadcop
BuranX

Submissions (4)

Toadcop is just really nice (299)Toadcop is just really nice (299)

Approved Map: TcXSpell Making Session 10 Winner

Send a message via ICQ to Toadcop

Quote:
The weapon system is really limitless in combination, there are soo much things we are gonna be able to combine, that will make each weapon unique. there will be like 20+ properties we can change individually.
Like bullet speed, wep dmg, aoe dmg max/min, multishot, shooting speed, max penetration, pushback, pull, splits (shrapnel)... and more. So we can really make buffs to buff anything of a weapon.
dynamic + user controled ?
Old 11-17-2007, 05:08 AM   #32
Dil999
CUSTOM USER TITLE!!!!!!!!

Dil999 has a spectacular aura about (82)Dil999 has a spectacular aura about (82)Dil999 has a spectacular aura about (82)

Send a message via AIM to Dil999 Send a message via MSN to Dil999 Send a message via Yahoo to Dil999

Crystal, thats not what I meant.
I meant things such as that maybe some weapons could deal bonus damage to shielding and reduced damage to health (aka maybe Lazer deals 150% shield damage and 50% health damage). Also, instead of having the shield powerup increase your health, it can give you bonus shielding.
Then he died a confused man, killed himself with his own mind.
Dil999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 01:49 PM   #33
Fulla
Evil Overlord

Submissions (3)

Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadcop

Yup it can be altered ingame at anytime.
So there many options, for new runes, powerups, gadgets, add-ons etc. etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dil999
Crystal, thats not what I meant.
I meant things such as that maybe some weapons could deal bonus damage to shielding and reduced damage to health (aka maybe Lazer deals 150% shield damage and 50% health damage). Also, instead of having the shield powerup increase your health, it can give you bonus shielding.

That could work, dont think there is any need for damage types thou.
A shield item is a nice idea!

I think Mad wanted one you 'cast' on a location, making bullets disperse around it, so as long as you stand within it your protected well. But a grenade could solve this annoyance :)

Last edited by Fulla : 11-17-2007 at 01:53 PM.
Fulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 02:23 PM   #34
The Kingpin
User

The Kingpin has little to show at this moment (8)

Ammo system anyone?

And how long has grim001 been working on that physics system? It seems like he keeps saying hes almost done with it but never seems to finish it.
The Kingpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 05:08 PM   #35
HINDYhat
User

Submissions (2)

HINDYhat will become famous soon enough (48)HINDYhat will become famous soon enough (48)

Please keep the rifleman model! That's one of the things that's awesome in ET.
HINDYhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 07:41 PM   #36
MaD[Lion]
MaD Da ViNci

Respected User

Submissions (10)

MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadcop
yes everything is dynamic and user controlled. as fulla said.

I also wanna make it so people drop weapon when they dies, so u can almost change weapon more dynamic, not always need to go to base. Ofc the dropped weapons will disappear after some time if none pick it up
Timing SystemTiming system that simulates the usage of PolledWait just with 0.01 accuracy

Last edited by MaD[Lion] : 11-17-2007 at 07:43 PM.
MaD[Lion] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:11 PM   #37
Dil999
CUSTOM USER TITLE!!!!!!!!

Dil999 has a spectacular aura about (82)Dil999 has a spectacular aura about (82)Dil999 has a spectacular aura about (82)

Send a message via AIM to Dil999 Send a message via MSN to Dil999 Send a message via Yahoo to Dil999

How about an item sorta like mothership's Time thingy. All projectiles in the AoE are slowed to half their speed.
Then he died a confused man, killed himself with his own mind.
Dil999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:43 PM   #38
Dark.Revenant
User

Submissions (1)

Dark.Revenant will become famous soon enough (44)Dark.Revenant will become famous soon enough (44)

Go with more colorful/interesting projectile and weapon arts. The generic gray bullets can get old after a while. Blue shards for the smg, yellow molten things for the minigun, etc...
Old 11-17-2007, 11:20 PM   #39
Toadcop
BuranX

Submissions (4)

Toadcop is just really nice (299)Toadcop is just really nice (299)

Approved Map: TcXSpell Making Session 10 Winner

Send a message via ICQ to Toadcop

Quote:
How about an item sorta like mothership's Time thingy. All projectiles in the AoE are slowed to half their speed.
simple...

but many features a great game balance issue =)
Old 11-18-2007, 04:07 AM   #40
Dark.Revenant
User

Submissions (1)

Dark.Revenant will become famous soon enough (44)Dark.Revenant will become famous soon enough (44)

Toadcop, what is your native language?

A time slower field would be cool, but fairly useless. Why deploy a timestopper field when you could just deploy a barricade (for less gold)?
Old 11-18-2007, 04:24 AM   #41
Weyrling
User

Weyrling has little to show at this moment (3)

Because maybe a time slower field would last longer, or last until destroyed, having a large area of effect, maybe slow down people as well. Maybe make it like a camera from ET, make it last 60 seconds, and be indestructible.

I think it'd be cool if there were specification type things, like you start out with bonus health, or movement speed, or a small health regen, stuff like that.
Weyrling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:16 AM   #42
MaD[Lion]
MaD Da ViNci

Respected User

Submissions (10)

MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)

we need to think of balance here... It may be cool but it will also be imbalanced.
Timing SystemTiming system that simulates the usage of PolledWait just with 0.01 accuracy
MaD[Lion] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:17 AM   #43
TheCrystalBlade
User

TheCrystalBlade has little to show at this moment (2)

Ah, I see what you mean.

I think the weapon cooldown is the ammo..
TheCrystalBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:10 PM   #44
Pinzu
User

Pinzu is on a distinguished road (21)

Here are some suggestions and ideas that I came up with during my time in this thread. :D

1. The weapon is weak but it got a lock. (
So when you shoot some thing and a unit/decoid is within lets say 200.00 of the bullet it will change direction and hit the target. Should Fire more then 3 bullets a round.
(like halo, what ever the name was...)

2. A decoid as mentioned befor used to atract the bullet form the weapon suggested befor.

3. Remove Teamkilling or make it a option teamkilling on/off. Because it interacts with suggestion 1.

4. MH.. Just remove the posibilty.

5. Make the bases biger and harder to infiltrate. Maybe add a deffensive weapon such as a mortar or a machinegun.

6: The camera should be remove able, to balance this you should add longer time. (You need to see it to remove it) So you can stop the camping from long range. else you would have 2 minutes of hell :)

7. What the hell, maybe even cars, trucks, tanks... The game gets so dull after a while and it needs a larger game play.

8. why not a take cover animation so you can hide behind stuff such as barricades, insted of the bullet just hiting the box because its infront. I think it looks silly. (this would add the increase the skill requirement)

9. I suport the idea with magazines and bullets. So after a while you dont got any amunition left and you have to buy from the shop or pick up another weapon.

10. Will it still possible to purcahse stuff from enemie base or will that be removed?

11. A random weapon that drops at center of the arena. Just like soldat has its bow, ET could have some thing else...
(what is soldat? - www.solat.pl)

12. Maybe more then one map, maybe a clan wars map specialized in such events..?

13. Do we got a release date? :D

Critisism and question are accepted and sorry for the flooding...

PS: I demand reputation.. :D

*edit*

Mad[Lion]: also wanna make it so people drop weapon when they dies, so u can almost change weapon more dynamic, not always need to go to base. Ofc the dropped weapons will disappear after some time if none pick it up

How would that effect the current model, will it be diffrent attached weapons to the hands of the rifle man, more eye candy? :D

Last edited by Pinzu : 11-18-2007 at 07:23 PM.
Pinzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:43 PM   #45
iNfraNe
PhD

Cinematics Moderator

Submissions (7)

iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)

Approved Map: Mortar Ball

Send a message via MSN to iNfraNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinzu
1PS: I demand reputation.. :D

Are you sure you want me to give you reputation?

(yes, im being sarcastic and its really stupid to ask for rep)
The Spirit of Vengeance (Cinematic, Blizzard contest winner)
Elimination Tournament
Mortar Ball
iNfraNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:25 PM
Pinzu
This message has been deleted by Pinzu.