wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > Elimination Tournament
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 07-05-2007, 07:09 AM   #31
TheCrystalBlade
User

TheCrystalBlade has little to show at this moment (2)

Elim Tourny has lost some of it's touch. The players arn't worth playing, they don't spend time doin' much. Every other day I'll host one, and see if I can get anyone.
TheCrystalBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 10-17-2007, 05:42 AM   #32
Skurai
User

Skurai has little to show at this moment (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrystalBlade
Elim Tourny has lost some of it's touch. The players arn't worth playing, they don't spend time doin' much. Every other day I'll host one, and see if I can get anyone.

It is not impossible to make it alot more popular.. like dota is...
Its just the map isnt being developed fast enough or well enough to keep players interested.

There is a need for more new modes,etc.
One basic thing is that maps like this, ppl hate to not have total vision of the map. So a -seeall mode is needed.

Besides that, new weapons, perhaps even add a mode where u can add creeps to it like aos, etc.

If u ever play teamfortress, u will realise that there is alot this game can do.
U can have a medic hero, a sniper hero, a scout hero,etc... And even create ur own type of hero.
U may even add recipes of items,etc to get new guns,faster movement,etc but each person is limited to one power only. Jetpacks,jumppacks, shields,flashbangs that block the view of the whole screen,etc.
A powerup that when used gives u 1sec of invul [can be used 2 avoid bullets,etc] but has 10sec cd. Disabled when flag is carried on that hero...

U can even add nuclear if u want but it should have a 6sec channeling time or so as drawback.
Heck,add airstrikes if u want to as long as its expensive[looks cool] and has a drawback that means it can be countered[max 1 per team], 10 sec channeling, can be shot at and destroyed.

Looking at wc3 abilities, there are tons u can do.

Here is an idea.
Since elim is such that height matters when u shoot a target, add a jetpack to allow players to fly and the only way to hit a flying target is to go into first person shooter mode and hit it.It should be a limited powerup, means u either choose jetpack or another powerup.

There can be guns that is such that u have to go into first person shooter mode to shoot it.
Then there is still a need 2 educate the public on how to use these things so helpful hints is needed... Dota domintes so much that education and some form of promotion is definitely needed.
U may even wanna add some interactive maps.

Last edited by Skurai : 10-17-2007 at 05:47 AM.
Skurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:41 PM   #33
Pinzu
User

Pinzu is on a distinguished road (21)

Just change the shoot hotkey (a) to some thing closer to the numpad..?
Pinzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:20 AM   #34
TheCrystalBlade
User

TheCrystalBlade has little to show at this moment (2)

QUOTEThere is a need for more new modes,etc.
One basic thing is that maps like this, ppl hate to not have total vision of the map. So a -seeall mode is needed.UNQUOTE

The whole reason there is no vision of places you cant see is to make it more tactical then to blindly run into a base thinking you're "Jesus."

If there was a seeall mode, it would be unstragetic players and complete noobs at the game, you don't need map visibility, only a camera.
TheCrystalBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:41 PM   #35
Pinzu
User

Pinzu is on a distinguished road (21)

it's funny when you read some thing and want to have a say, I hope this thread isn't to old...

anyhow, there is already a program for this it's called warkeys I think there was another one aswell... with it you can change the numap to any other key on your keyboard, but why bother? /altought I can understand how you would want to get the better of your opponent (slight sarcasm)

*Oh my god, after checking the date in which the person above me posted, does really make me a fool... :o

Last edited by Pinzu : 08-18-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Pinzu is offline   Reply With Quote