wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > Elimination Tournament
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 06-28-2007, 10:51 PM   #16
deadlysheep_1
User

deadlysheep_1 has little to show at this moment (5)

Yea, clicking items is the noob way to throw grenades and stuff (but i have to do that when im playing ET on my laptop).

Quote:
Also i posted an anti-mh trigger here http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=95028
It works partially only and i kinda need help from experts like the 2 of u to make it complete. I hope u take a look at it . It will still detect most mhers though cause most mhers will turn all options on. Would be useful to use in your map as well considering the amount of mhers that exist these days.

I think that this would be a good idea, but the question is - what would you do with the maphackers that are detected? It would probably kick them from the game, and although you miggt at first say "Oh cool, we got rid of the maphacker!". However, that makes the teams uneven, and ruin the game more than if the noob maphacker stayed. I assume that is why most maps don't have an anti map-hack system like Skurai's. I guess that this wouldn't be too bad if it was a 6v6, because that is only 1/6 of the team gone, but in a 3v3, that would mean that 1/3 of the team is gone, and the other team has a major advantage. I guess that you could just make the trigger detect if someone is maphacking, and it displays a message to everyone saying that they are maphacking, and the other players can do what they like to abuse/neglect/ban/get pissed at. I guess it could also give the host a dialogue box asking them if they want to kick them.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:34 AM   #17
Skurai
User

Skurai has little to show at this moment (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlysheep_1
Yea, clicking items is the noob way to throw grenades and stuff (but i have to do that when im playing ET on my laptop).

I think that this would be a good idea, but the question is - what would you do with the maphackers that are detected? It would probably kick them from the game, and although you miggt at first say "Oh cool, we got rid of the maphacker!". However, that makes the teams uneven, and ruin the game more than if the noob maphacker stayed. I assume that is why most maps don't have an anti map-hack system like Skurai's. I guess that this wouldn't be too bad if it was a 6v6, because that is only 1/6 of the team gone, but in a 3v3, that would mean that 1/3 of the team is gone, and the other team has a major advantage. I guess that you could just make the trigger detect if someone is maphacking, and it displays a message to everyone saying that they are maphacking, and the other players can do what they like to abuse/neglect/ban/get pissed at. I guess it could also give the host a dialogue box asking them if they want to kick them.

At the moment it just detects maphackers that have the "selected units command activated" and posts a message rather than kick them. U can then pause the game and force the maphackers to off the maphack or get kicked. U can at any time do the test for maphackers again. Or can just make a system where 3 detections=kick player, etc. Once players really know that there is an anti-mh system, they will off it.
This is not foolproof yet, it will work against most mhers though.

I just figured the anti-mh. I didnt expect "pick every units" action to work that way against shadowfrench.

And now if some1 can make it work to select destructibles for player and detect when a destructible is deselected, I would be most grateful cause then, it wont matter wat anti-mh options u have activated/deactivated. Shadowfrench can be fully detected then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNfraNe
Thats what I said. You lack the skill to think and use the numpad instead. Clicking items is for noobs.
I used keypad be4, mouse is still faster imo

I can use the numpad but i prefer using the mouse. I can click pretty fast. Its not a skill imo, just a hassle that can be done away with.

I actually thought u would welcome this cause this would speed up the game a little making it more challenging.
I hope u add the mode option . It would add another form of elim tourney in to the game. Its your call. I am just a suggestor

Last edited by Skurai : 06-29-2007 at 03:55 AM.
Skurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 05:28 AM   #18
TheCrystalBlade
User

TheCrystalBlade has little to show at this moment (2)

Dude... If you seriously have to look at the DAMN keyboard to see a freeking Number, then you have no reason to play ET.
Modes are practicly useless to me, a MAP VISION mode? Psh, what skill does that take? Sure, you can dodge bullets easier, but, that is pretty useless..

Also, Shoot and CAST at the same time? Who wants to shoot a freeking bullet and within the same millisec THROW a grenade? NO need to do that man...
And I explained why Q or W confuses me.
TheCrystalBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 04:59 PM   #19
Oglog
User

Submissions (1)

Oglog has little to show at this moment (9)

Send a message via MSN to Oglog

I geuss im a ro noob then, i click items and still own most people
Old 06-29-2007, 07:45 PM   #20
iNfraNe
PhD

Cinematics Moderator

Submissions (7)

iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)

Approved Map: Mortar Ball

Send a message via MSN to iNfraNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrystalBlade
Dude... If you seriously have to look at the DAMN keyboard to see a freeking Number, then you have no reason to play ET.
Modes are practicly useless to me, a MAP VISION mode? Psh, what skill does that take? Sure, you can dodge bullets easier, but, that is pretty useless..

Also, Shoot and CAST at the same time? Who wants to shoot a freeking bullet and within the same millisec THROW a grenade? NO need to do that man...
And I explained why Q or W confuses me.
exactly.

Besides this the idea is bad because it cannot be done for all items, hence its not universally applyable, which is bad.

Also, anti maphack really sucks. It does nothing good to the game. If the hacker wants to hack he can if he wants to. I'll still own him.
The Spirit of Vengeance (Cinematic, Blizzard contest winner)
Elimination Tournament
Mortar Ball
iNfraNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 06:01 AM   #21
TheCrystalBlade
User

The MH, I have to dissagree on.
I love the chance to throw a grenade upon an unsuspecting victim.
It warms my heart..
But when they shoot me, It all goes backwards...My heart becomes cold..
Then I get CK!
Old 07-03-2007, 12:25 AM   #22
Raydude
User

Raydude will become famous soon enough (29)

actually if u look at lotr games, it's all about mass clicking and pressing, i personally play them somewhat. There IS no time to look, even for .3 seconds or w/e seconds you want, things happen in 1-4 seconds in the game. you lose a bit of focus when looking for the numberpad and when u look back up, someone prolly moved our of sight and you're not sure if u should throw it anyways. Things happen fast in fast paced games like this one. This idea should be considered more thoroughly instead of just acting on self opinions. I suggest you put a vote on the next version saying them to come to some site to vote for this idea. If the idea does go through, people can still use numberpad for the item. I use mouse to click on item fine, but i rather use left hand tho =/
PEOPLE~! use shift to do multi command for movement if you're bit slow with the mouse
my response is pretty much both sided seeing how i can use items fine but i rather use left hand

Last edited by Raydude : 07-03-2007 at 12:29 AM.
Raydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:43 PM   #23
Dark.Revenant
User

Submissions (1)

Dark.Revenant will become famous soon enough (44)Dark.Revenant will become famous soon enough (44)

An anti-mh system would remove those damn MH-accusations against me and everyone in my clan. My computer can't even RUN maphack programs, yet some people I play against assume that I maphack because I use the sniper a lot and rack up insane kill counts from long, medium, and short range. However, our clan cheiften, Lite, gets a MH accusation roughly every other game. It's pretty sad. Some people just don't understand how lucky guessing and action predictions, more likely cameras, work.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:54 PM   #24
deadlysheep_1
User

deadlysheep_1 has little to show at this moment (5)

That is actually a very good point. It would mean that people wouldn't falsely accuse people of maphacking. In most games, I get someone say that I maphack, just because I got a lucky shot. There are so many possibilities of where someone is, but there are also a lot of probabilities. People almost ALWAYS camp at corners, where 2 walls meet. Also, right next to the flag in TT, there is that place where people always snipe. Whenever the cooldown for my weapon is complete, I shoot somewhere, even if I can't see anyone there. Then people accuse me of maphack because I know all the places where people usually camp, and I throw grenades and shoot there.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:23 AM   #25
Raydude
User

campers -.-;
Old 07-04-2007, 05:09 AM   #26
TheCrystalBlade
User

Lol, I get accused of MHing EVERY game.
I've gotten tired of ET, lost my soul in playing it.
It's not worth the trouble having a 10 year old butchering the English Language.
It's also not worth having the trouble of getting people in, which for some reason always takes me awhile...
Old 07-04-2007, 03:02 PM   #27
Raydude
User

it gets boring after awhile -.-; i mean really boring, same old thing, shoot them with any weapon, few kills, then go for flag, 50% fail then you camp again and accused of MH, and it's a continuous cycle usually
Old 07-04-2007, 07:24 PM   #28
Dark.Revenant
User

Submissions (1)

Dark.Revenant will become famous soon enough (44)Dark.Revenant will become famous soon enough (44)

We all need to pick some more skilled people to play against. I prefer to play against only the most skilled people I know, simply because the game is more evenly matched and entertaining.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:25 AM   #29
TheCrystalBlade
User

I beat ALL my friends, ALL the time. My friendz suck at ET, and half the people I play with complain bout' delay, which for most the people I play with get NONE. It's annouying, and has become boring. We need to see something new, the flying outside borders bug makes me NOT want to play it.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:58 AM   #30
Raydude
User

elim tourney is kind of...expected, like you expect what will happen easily and get bored and tired of it quickly. it's like the aura is bad, rly bad. not enough action at once =/
so what's the update on infrane's computer vs. human using that shooting system?