wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Project Recruitment
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 06:28 PM   #31
Fladian
User

Respected User

Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)

Enough ideas to create a decent thread. Don't forget to read the conversation between Darkhorde and myself. It is quite.. important as well.

15 Minutes? Long enough to let my arm recover from the sudden shock. In the mean time, I'm gonna get myself something to drink. Don't you dare to post in the mean time :P
Old 03-26-2005, 11:48 PM   #32
johnfn
Taur is... MY SISTER!!!

Respected User

Submissions (3)

johnfn has a spectacular aura about (129)

Send a message via AIM to johnfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fladian
If I didn't, I would've harmed my proud :P

You probably want to change that to "...harmed my pride", because your talking about proper english and grammar in that paragraph :P

Taur: btw dun tell anyone but I bribed the wc3c admins with a life supply of packaged peanuts to host UL ^^

Taur | Unsung Legends says:
guess what blade?
Blade.dk says:
JOHN IS YO BRO!

Old 03-27-2005, 08:53 AM   #33
Fladian
User

Respected User

Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)

A mistake on purpose :P I was wondering from the start when someone would finally pick that out.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:59 AM   #34
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Well, I think the FAQ just lacks a bit of formatting: larger fonts for the titles of the points posters need to stick to, some color maybe... stuff like that to make it seem a bit more organized and manageable and not like a single long paragraph of text that most people will avoid reading. Keep the rules simple and make them stand out of the explanations of those rules.

I'm not posting only because of that, just thought I'd mention it. I actually wish to continue thought on another matter that has been raised here (It's a bit off-topic, but from what I've read I'm sure Fladian will understand :). It seems weird to me as well that forums with lots of similarities are in entirely different sections: the "Completed maps" and "Maps in development" in the developer's corner and the whole Team gathering forum under the Main hall. Both have to do with actual projects, so maybe some forum restructuring would be in order... Though I doubt such things would change now, although it doesn't make sense, it's what people are used to.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:04 PM   #35
Fladian
User

Respected User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitarf
Well, I think the FAQ just lacks a bit of formatting: larger fonts for the titles of the points posters need to stick to, some color maybe... stuff like that to make it seem a bit more organized and manageable and not like a single long paragraph of text that most people will avoid reading. Keep the rules simple and make them stand out of the explanations of those rules.
I know, but a large amount of the FAQ is a copy of Magic's FAQ. There are several new parts here though. Regardless, I find the Projects in Development just as important as this.

Thank you for noting it out though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitarf
I'm not posting only because of that, just thought I'd mention it. I actually wish to continue thought on another matter that has been raised here (It's a bit off-topic, but from what I've read I'm sure Fladian will understand :). It seems weird to me as well that forums with lots of similarities are in entirely different sections: the "Completed maps" and "Maps in development" in the developer's corner and the whole Team gathering forum under the Main hall. Both have to do with actual projects, so maybe some forum restructuring would be in order... Though I doubt such things would change now, although it doesn't make sense, it's what people are used to.
The question has come to my mind more than often as well. Even though I am quite satisfied how everything is here, it is true that both sections look awfully much like each other. It is easy to note out that the projects here seem to live longer though. As the 'Maps in Development' are supposed to be projects with only one member, or just to announce the project.

If you are truly annoyed by this, contact me and Dorelian in any other way.
Thank you.
-Fladian
Old 04-30-2005, 02:24 AM   #36
KingGigli
User

KingGigli will become famous soon enough (50)KingGigli will become famous soon enough (50)

Send a message via MSN to KingGigli

i am sad to report that Fall of Teran is on hold.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:06 PM   #37
KingGigli
User

KingGigli will become famous soon enough (50)KingGigli will become famous soon enough (50)

Send a message via MSN to KingGigli

Well im making a new project to fill the emptyness inside of me. link is in my sig.

EDIT: please ignore this post.

Last edited by KingGigli : 05-03-2005 at 02:01 AM. Reason: i did it again.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:24 PM   #38
Metal_Sonic64
User

Submissions (4)

Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)

Send a message via MSN to Metal_Sonic64

And why are you posting in the FAQ thread??
Terrain- llllllllll
Triggers-
llllllllll
Old 05-02-2005, 09:25 PM   #39
Azhag
User

Azhag is on a distinguished road (19)

He's trying to advertise his new project, and trying to get more posts. :P
Old 05-02-2005, 09:29 PM   #40
Metal_Sonic64
User

Submissions (4)

Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)

Send a message via MSN to Metal_Sonic64

I'd give him a red rep but I have to spread some rep first... Say, the last time I gave him rep was a few months ago... Strange :/
Terrain- llllllllll
Triggers-
llllllllll
Old 05-02-2005, 09:57 PM   #41
Fladian
User

Respected User

I think he wanted to post it in the Projects in Development thread :P
Old 05-22-2005, 01:40 PM   #42
johnfn
Taur is... MY SISTER!!!

Respected User

Submissions (3)

johnfn has a spectacular aura about (129)

Send a message via AIM to johnfn

Aaah! Fladian, Dorielian or someone, please do something about that FAQ announcement! At least format it properly! I can barely trudge through four-five lines before dying of exhaustion/boredom. Just have it link here or something.

Oh and bolding the various sections would be a nice touch (and easier on the eyes).

Taur: btw dun tell anyone but I bribed the wc3c admins with a life supply of packaged peanuts to host UL ^^

Taur | Unsung Legends says:
guess what blade?
Blade.dk says:
JOHN IS YO BRO!

Old 05-22-2005, 01:42 PM   #43
Fladian
User

Respected User

You might want to send a PM to Dorelian for that, John. I have no access to announcements, but I was also slightly bothered by it. Fortunately, I know what is written in it, I am after all, the creator of it :P

About the bolding part, I might as well do that now.
Old 05-22-2005, 01:53 PM   #44
RightField
Imperial Cock Stout

Respected User

Submissions (1)

RightField will become famous soon enough (28)

People who are smart enough to mod don't need any FAQ. People who are not don't read FAQ, thus they're useless. :P
Old 05-22-2005, 01:57 PM   #45
Fladian
User

Respected User

Let me correct you, RightField.
People with a bit of intelligence often don't need a FAQ.