wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Town Hall > WC3C Polls
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Your opinion on hosted projects?
Most are working hard! 104 19.08%
Some good - Some bad! 201 36.88%
Most seem to be slacking off! 166 30.46%
I don't follow any hosted projects! 74 13.58%
Voters: 545. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 09:09 PM   #1
Draco
Need a Stockmarket App?

Respected User

Submissions (1)

Draco will become famous soon enough (68)Draco will become famous soon enough (68)Draco will become famous soon enough (68)

Elaborate please. Thanks.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 06-05-2004, 09:18 PM   #2
Shadow_Strike
Pokemon Trainer

Submissions (1)

Shadow_Strike is a jewel in the rough (168)Shadow_Strike is a jewel in the rough (168)

i see some topics unreplied for iono, a few weeks now, and most of them seem dead, look at the majority of the hosted projects, how many are more than half done? if not 30% done? how much have they done over a period of a week?
there was that one project, the leader flamed everyone for askin questions, and that thye didnt need a 'purdy' progress check

now how many projects are actually done?

but i think most are either... 1. dead, 2. vacation, 3. diligently working, 4. working good and hard (project enigma), and 5. we dont know
Old 06-05-2004, 09:38 PM   #3
Whitehorn
SPOON!

Respected User

Submissions (114)

Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)

Hard to judge them all, as not all projects post their work, and certainly dont all have the same approach to the public. There's a big variation in the ambitions, skills and qiality of projects, so hard to bunch them all and give them a single rating.

Thumbs up to Revolution, Omininous Horizons, Raviganion, Enigma, Realm Design, Nature's Call. I believe these lead the community in all sence of the word.

Be excellent to each other.
Old 06-06-2004, 06:09 AM   #4
Jester-of-Death
User

Jester-of-Death is on a distinguished road (10)

Agreed with Whitehorn there. If I can give names, mods like the Union, Star Trek and Metroid "mod" dont really deserve their place because apart from the conceptual side they dont seem to do much. Yeah yeah its all happening in the private forums... its been months they say it (not metroid mod but its going in the same direction). Thats for the projects that are really going downhill and deserve a cleanup.
The Power of Might, Hunted, Halo mod and Age of Darkness have seemed to slow down tremendously, with their valable reasons. I dont follow any of the lesser projects/maps so I cant comment but the rest of the projects that Whitehorn stated seem to be moving along slowly sometimes but surely.
The majority of projects here need a boost thats all.
Old 06-06-2004, 04:56 PM   #5
Aznwhore
User

Submissions (1)

Aznwhore will become famous soon enough (40)Aznwhore will become famous soon enough (40)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester-of-Death
Agreed with Whitehorn there. If I can give names, mods like the Union, Star Trek and Metroid "mod" dont really deserve their place because apart from the conceptual side they dont seem to do much. Yeah yeah its all happening in the private forums... its been months they say it (not metroid mod but its going in the same direction). Thats for the projects that are really going downhill and deserve a cleanup.

fyi, we just started less than a month ago
second, we are planning on releasing a demo in at least 1 or 2 months

thats all i have to say for myself, no comment on any other mods
Old 06-06-2004, 05:16 PM   #6
Jester-of-Death
User

Jester-of-Death is on a distinguished road (10)

A warning to those willing to actually post their opinions about certain projects, some people cant take it and will give you a negative reputation point and flame you *cough*aznwhore*cough*.
Old 06-06-2004, 05:20 PM   #7
Gitlich
Prophet 15

Respected User

Submissions (1)

Gitlich has a spectacular aura about (87)Gitlich has a spectacular aura about (87)Gitlich has a spectacular aura about (87)

Send a message via MSN to Gitlich

Quote:
A warning to those willing to actually post their opinions about certain projects, some people cant take it and will give you a negative reputation point and flame you *cough*aznwhore*cough*.
in that case ill post my opinion on the mod im part of. the WOZ public forum has been fairly quiet for the most part. i just thought most of the work was going on in the private forum. theres even less activity in there. not that i think its dead. all the work thats been done so far will keep it alive. its probably just in a slump at the moment as a lot of exams are around now

Last edited by Gitlich : 06-06-2004 at 05:28 PM.
Old 06-06-2004, 05:36 PM   #8
Aznwhore
User

Submissions (1)

Aznwhore will become famous soon enough (40)Aznwhore will become famous soon enough (40)

Quote:
i dont get it...
btw: plz get back on topic... i dont wanna get flamed about this...
Old 06-06-2004, 07:35 PM   #9
1000FootKrutch
User

1000FootKrutch has little to show at this moment (0)

The union has work done in the private forums. I'm doing the Naga Bouivac right now, but I'm gonna finish it in the summer.
Old 06-06-2004, 07:49 PM   #10
Iron_Ian
User

Respected User

Submissions (1)

Iron_Ian will become famous soon enough (51)Iron_Ian will become famous soon enough (51)

Theres alot of projects that aren't getting anything done, or barely getting anything done. Then theres a few that you don't know whether anything is getting done or not too.

Theres a few projects that seemed to have stalled. Including my own TTOA, but in a few days, I'm going to be jumping back on that now that schools out.

Then theres the far and the few projects that are kicking ass. Such as Project Enigma, Realms Design, and Ominous Horizons. Keep up the good work guys :D, hopefully I'll be bumping up the pace of TTOA to meet with you guys. ^_^

- Iron_Ian
Old 06-06-2004, 08:39 PM   #11
RightField
Imperial Cock Stout

Respected User

Submissions (1)

RightField will become famous soon enough (28)

I more or less agree with whitehorn on this one, since he mentioned projects that's actually getting stuff done. Still there's always that thing with them getting released. Since few actually does, even though they DO get alot of work done. Oh well, TToR isn't gonna die easily though. Not as long as I'm here.
Old 06-06-2004, 08:44 PM   #12
alpengeist36
Respected User

alpengeist36 is on a distinguished road (10)

yes, i have posted in my forum why itsotog has stalled, its cuz everyone but me seems to have vanished without trace...
Old 06-07-2004, 03:06 PM   #13
alpengeist36
Respected User

alpengeist36 is on a distinguished road (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion of Safety
The union has work done in the private forums. I'm doing the Naga Bouivac right now, but I'm gonna finish it in the summer.

sorry for double post, but i think I made that ages ago, but then... i dunno what happened. if you like you can skin mine if yours isnt too much done
Old 06-07-2004, 09:11 PM   #14
ls_freak
User

ls_freak is on a distinguished road (20)

Although the only project I've really been following is OH, the majority of projects seem to be extremely slow or dead. Just in glancing through the forums, the only ones that really seem alive are OH, Realm Design, Enigma, and TToR, and to a lesser extent Project Revolution and Project ROR! Which is unfortunate, since that means that around 85% of the hosted projects are dead or really slow :/
Old 06-09-2004, 03:33 PM   #15
Aiursrage2k
User

Aiursrage2k has little to show at this moment (0)

In the summer I except the projects to pick up, as most people attend school and are too busy to work on there projects in the meantime. The only campaigns I am looking forward too are RoTD, HoS, WoS and the Hunted Campaign, only two of which are on this site.
Closed Thread