wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > The Black Road RPG
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-19-2009, 09:38 AM   #1
Wanderlay
User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5

Wanderlay has little to show at this moment (0)

Default

EDIT2:
This thread has turned in to a bug-report thread. Which is good in itself but when you post don't just complain. Totally unecessary. Instead help them but giving information about how and when it happens so next version is less buggy!
And thanks again to Av3n for answering to our posts so fast!

(There is a thread of bugs and glitches at the official forum, but it's down now, so in the meanwhile this is temp.)

First off I can answer the question about known bugs.
1. The TG's heal can be interpretated as dmg sometimes by wc3 so it can mess you up.
Examples are someone healed a guy when he had hydras poison on him(instakill)
Or using it on dryad when she was doing a spell, caused knockback

2. Priest main healingspell is bugged. It heals for 250+int on lvl 1. Works on herself but on others it only heals int. This makes the dryad a better healer at this point almost.

3. Not sure if there is a difference between the tauren and the minotaur.(I thought it was Minotaur, but a guy said Tauren) But doing one of those quests will cause a fatal error often after destroying the huts behind them.

4. Assasins shadow image(5th skill) is kinda bugged. Maybe supposed to be so, but teleports the hero back into mobs sometimes.
5. Another assasin skill might teleport the assasin across the map into high lvl area by an NPC named Draco(no creeps around). This doesnt happen often, and occurred 2 out of 3 times when in the arena.

6. Also Bokor is slightly bugged that his totems doesnt do full dmg(unconfirmed?)
7. Another Bokor bug is that his summon doesnt go away after use(just a graphic flaw I think?)

//Wanderlay, Northrend on Euro

Have fun! I do!

Last edited by Wanderlay : 05-22-2009 at 10:43 AM.
Wanderlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-19-2009, 06:36 PM   #2
fX_
User
 
fX_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 528

Submissions (2)

fX_ will become famous soon enough (38)fX_ will become famous soon enough (38)

Default

there's also the oversight that charged materials gets consumed altogether.
say, i have 1 troll blood ITEM with 3 charges, and im gonna forge a 1-tier corinthian item; i need 1 troll blood.

the process will consume the whole troll blood item (and all 3 charges) instead of just detracting 1 charge from the item.

i don't know if this is a bug but the error sound always plays on the map start. also, the menu button press sound gets played at random times.

then there's the persistent fatal error the coincides only with tbr 2.0 and not with the other maps i play. this fatal error may have several causes.


(if youre a spartan warrior and you cast Charge on a sheep inside the pen northeast of corinth, you will gets stuck LOL).
fX_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:56 PM   #3
Av3n
Roar!
 
Av3n's Avatar


Project Leader: TBR
Project Member: PoC
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,854

Submissions (7)

Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)

Hero #4 extra-official winner2008 Spell olympics - Fire - BronzeHero Contest #3 - 3rd Place

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlay
First off I can answer the question about known bugs.
1. The TG's heal can be interpretated as dmg sometimes by wc3 so it can mess you up.
Examples are someone healed a guy when he had hydras poison on him(instakill)
Or using it on dryad when she was doing a spell, caused knockback
This is a bug off wc3 and the ability Holy Light is based off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlay
2. Priest main healingspell is bugged. It heals for 250+int on lvl 1. Works on herself but on others it only heals int. This makes the dryad a better healer at this point almost.
We've fixed that for the next version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlay
3. Not sure if there is a difference between the tauren and the minotaur.(I thought it was Minotaur, but a guy said Tauren) But doing one of those quests will cause a fatal error often after destroying the huts behind them.
I don't handle quests but we can presume that the other coder(s) fixed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlay
4. Assasins shadow image(5th skill) is kinda bugged. Maybe supposed to be so, but teleports the hero back into mobs sometimes.
5. Another assasin skill might teleport the assasin across the map into high lvl area by an NPC named Draco(no creeps around). This doesnt happen often, and occurred 2 out of 3 times when in the arena.
This together is one bug due to the fact that Shadow Image teleportation is part of the effect, most likely causing the shift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlay
6. Also Bokor is slightly bugged that his totems doesnt do full dmg(unconfirmed?)
People say it's a bug, it isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlay
7. Another Bokor bug is that his summon doesnt go away after use(just a graphic flaw I think?)
Graphic flaw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx_
there's also the oversight that charged materials gets consumed altogether.
say, i have 1 troll blood ITEM with 3 charges, and im gonna forge a 1-tier corinthian item; i need 1 troll blood.

the process will consume the whole troll blood item (and all 3 charges) instead of just detracting 1 charge from the item.
I'll take a look into it when I can touch the map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx_
i don't know if this is a bug but the error sound always plays on the map start. also, the menu button press sound gets played at random times.
The error sound... well that's the initialization of a system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx_
then there's the persistent fatal error the coincides only with tbr 2.0 and not with the other maps i play. this fatal error may have several causes.
After the next version I plan to go through every bit of code and re-code/optimize it. Hopefully this reduces the fatal error stuff


Quote:
Originally Posted by fx_
t(if youre a spartan warrior and you cast Charge on a sheep inside the pen northeast of corinth, you will gets stuck LOL).
XD Well. there's always the kill command.


I just wanted to comment on these since people at the official forms can't be bothered going through the bug report threads and post it X times.
-Av3n
__________________

Thanks to FatherTime for the sig
.:
Current ProjectsSubmissions
Power of CorruptionMy Terrain
The Black RoadMy Resources
Strikeforce
Twitter

Last edited by Av3n : 05-19-2009 at 07:57 PM.
Av3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:25 PM   #5
GurkenKinG
User
 
GurkenKinG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 18

GurkenKinG has little to show at this moment (0)

Default

Av3n, there are a few more bugs.

1. greens backpack doesn't work right (some people though it's because of the lvl 50 pots, but no pots work on green, not sure about scrolls or other things (you click on them, they just have cooldown, but still the same number and you don't get healed)).

2. Not a real bug, but I see lvl 117 int acane rangers which do around 1400 bonus dmg per shot from their 3xint skill. Though we should lower it down a bit, or increase the spellblades skill too, because in comparision the spellblades skill sucks^^

3. hex should just turn you into a sheep, not port you in my oppinion

4. host commands should be disabled during duels (atleast for the players who are in the duel, so host can't stab, kill etc. them)

And I have a question. I understand that wc3 can interpretate the heal from tg as dmg... BUT WHY INSTANT KILL? I played my lvl 150 sw and got instant killed at hydra with full hp because of the heal...

EDIT: Fire wave at the black road heals instead of doing dmg... maybe it's supposed to do so, but I highly doubt that^^

Last edited by GurkenKinG : 05-20-2009 at 06:15 PM.
GurkenKinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:58 PM   #6
Wanderlay
User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5

Wanderlay has little to show at this moment (0)

Default

Thx alot for all the quick answers.

A continuation of things found:

Bug
1. Played a game today when Arcane Ranger(AR) had 2s cd on her ulti. = Permadisable.
This went away a while after Uranus.

2. The gold-boss-wave-bug.
When I heard of this a guy received a capped 1000k in gold from killing the boss.
I on the other hand lost all my cash.(50k) Dunno If I was the one who killed him.
If you want a replay gimme a shout..
Also seen that when killing him I got rewarded -1gp (onscreen) when playing with lower lvl chars.

Gameplay
3. Not sure if this is supposed to be like this, but people can have several class items ==> imba javeliners for example. Not so much for the rest. I liked the way you had to figure out the best combos in old TBR. Now people just use 1 item 6 times.. :/

4. Does spartans evasion/items with block/items with evasion stack like in old TBR?

5. The forging system is very odd for some stuff. You armor suddenly goes astray and isnt armor any more and the other item from the smith is suddenly the 45 ar.
Is it really supposed to be like that? I can't really find a functionality to it OR a reason for it being so(sorry, to whoever did it)
I like the forging system, but an item that gives +45 agi and 250 hp shouldnt give +50 str and 50dmg if you upgrade it? It really makes no sense.. There are more such examples.
(Sure Ive only got a 90 spartan and a 50 amazon so I havent seen all yet =) )

EDIT: Another bug found today was a bokor that didnt lose cash when he died. It was like a respawn after the counter.(at the place he died)

Last edited by Wanderlay : 05-21-2009 at 12:28 AM.
Wanderlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:18 AM   #7
Av3n
Roar!
 
Av3n's Avatar


Project Leader: TBR
Project Member: PoC
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,854

Submissions (7)

Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)

Hero #4 extra-official winner2008 Spell olympics - Fire - BronzeHero Contest #3 - 3rd Place

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GurkenKinG
Av3n, there are a few more bugs.

1. greens backpack doesn't work right (some people though it's because of the lvl 50 pots, but no pots work on green, not sure about scrolls or other things (you click on them, they just have cooldown, but still the same number and you don't get healed)).

Arthas

Quote:
Originally Posted by GurkenKinG
2. Not a real bug, but I see lvl 117 int acane rangers which do around 1400 bonus dmg per shot from their 3xint skill. Though we should lower it down a bit, or increase the spellblades skill too, because in comparision the spellblades skill sucks^^

This relates to class balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by GurkenKinG
3. hex should just turn you into a sheep, not port you in my oppinion

Answered at the official forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GurkenKinG
4. host commands should be disabled during duels (atleast for the players who are in the duel, so host can't stab, kill etc. them)

Redirecting to Arthas

Quote:
Originally Posted by GurkenKinG
And I have a question. I understand that wc3 can interpretate the heal from tg as dmg... BUT WHY INSTANT KILL? I played my lvl 150 sw and got instant killed at hydra with full hp because of the heal...

Because the BASE ability is Shadow Strike, and I made the Holy Light based off it with 0. to everything... Since it refreshes the buff with the newest instance

Quote:
Originally Posted by GurkenKinG
EDIT: Fire wave at the black road heals instead of doing dmg... maybe it's supposed to do so, but I highly doubt that^^

Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlay
1. Played a game today when Arcane Ranger(AR) had 2s cd on her ulti. = Permadisable.
This went away a while after Uranus.
Strange... looking into this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlay
2. The gold-boss-wave-bug.
When I heard of this a guy received a capped 1000k in gold from killing the boss.
I on the other hand lost all my cash.(50k) Dunno If I was the one who killed him.
If you want a replay gimme a shout..
Also seen that when killing him I got rewarded -1gp (onscreen) when playing with lower lvl chars.
Aerox fixed this (speaking from memory).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlay
3. Not sure if this is supposed to be like this, but people can have several class items ==> imba javeliners for example. Not so much for the rest. I liked the way you had to figure out the best combos in old TBR. Now people just use 1 item 6 times.. :/
Yeah... FT didn't include that in my list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlay
4. Does spartans evasion/items with block/items with evasion stack like in old TBR?
Nope, one day I will code triggered evasion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlay
5. The forging system is very odd for some stuff. You armor suddenly goes astray and isnt armor any more and the other item from the smith is suddenly the 45 ar.
Is it really supposed to be like that? I can't really find a functionality to it OR a reason for it being so(sorry, to whoever did it)
I like the forging system, but an item that gives +45 agi and 250 hp shouldnt give +50 str and 50dmg if you upgrade it? It really makes no sense.. There are more such examples.
(Sure Ive only got a 90 spartan and a 50 amazon so I havent seen all yet =) )
Blame FT. But I reckon it works well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlay
EDIT: Another bug found today was a bokor that didnt lose cash when he died. It was like a respawn after the counter.(at the place he died)

Congratulations on the second person *cough* effect finder who thinks it's a bug

-Av3n
__________________

Thanks to FatherTime for the sig
.:
Current ProjectsSubmissions
Power of CorruptionMy Terrain
The Black RoadMy Resources
Strikeforce
Twitter

Last edited by Av3n : 05-21-2009 at 04:22 AM.
Av3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:25 AM   #8
dust
User
 
dust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 106

dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)

Hero #4 extra-official winner

Default

I found another bug:
my bokorīs voodoo spell did not do any dmg after respawning :/
but this only happened once so far

Last edited by dust : 05-21-2009 at 11:25 AM.
dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:03 PM   #9
Wanderlay
User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5

Wanderlay has little to show at this moment (0)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av3n
Originally Posted by Wanderlay
4. Does spartans evasion/items with block/items with evasion stack like in old TBR?

Nope, one day I will code triggered evasion.
Ok, so until then there isnt any decent diety item for spartan or any other tank?(thinking of phalanx skill)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av3n
Originally Posted by Wanderlay
EDIT: Another bug found today was a bokor that didnt lose cash when he died. It was like a respawn after the counter.(at the place he died)

Congratulations on the second person *cough* effect finder who thinks it's a bug

Hehe, never played bokor. So it was the bokor actually that said it was a bug =)

ps. Thanks alot for the fast replies ds. =)
Wanderlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:32 PM   #10
Shadow_killer
Granny speaks truth, obey
 
Shadow_killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 432

Submissions (4)

Shadow_killer will become famous soon enough (48)Shadow_killer will become famous soon enough (48)

Default

Scroll of healing dont heal (How in hell could you miss this? Kick your lousy beta testers in the ass) . Also i got scrolls to become permanent in the backpack.

Also whats up with the class items being better then items that cost 1 honor?

Why do the javelineers orb effect do so little damage compared to arcane ranger? At level 3 i can get up to +70 damage if the enemy is running from me while an lvl 40 arcane ranger can hit for 400-600 without problems. I think the javelineers orb ability should do damage according to the health value missing.

And the other problem i have is that all the items you buy have all weird values, a level 1 item in the shop can have like +5 agility +250 hp, and then when you upgrade it you get like 8% chance to deflect all damage. Are you going to change this or do something about it?
__________________
Shadow_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:22 AM   #11
Narein
User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1

Narein has little to show at this moment (0)

Question

Thank you for the great map and I hope you don't have much trouble fixing these bugs that are cropping up here and there.

But there is one thing I have been looking everywhere for and still don't have any information about, its not even in the donation guide.

Could you PLEASE list the class set bonuses for each class? I am insanely curious as to what they are because it can affect builds alot.

Also do class set bonuses stack if you have more than 1 class set made?

Please answer me whatever you can.
Thank you.
Narein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:14 AM   #12
Av3n
Roar!
 
Av3n's Avatar


Project Leader: TBR
Project Member: PoC
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,854

Submissions (7)

Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)

Hero #4 extra-official winner2008 Spell olympics - Fire - BronzeHero Contest #3 - 3rd Place

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust
I found another bug:
my bokorīs voodoo spell did not do any dmg after respawning :/
but this only happened once so far

Strange... shows you how much coding i have to do after the next version XD. I can't guarantee this will be fixed. Sorry man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlay
Ok, so until then there isnt any decent diety item for spartan or any other tank?(thinking of phalanx skill)
The highest evasion only works, there isn't any dynamic evasion if you were confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlay
Hehe, never played bokor. So it was the bokor actually that said it was a bug =)
Yeah, I <3 it when people post them as bugs XD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_killer
Scroll of healing dont heal (How in hell could you miss this? Kick your lousy beta testers in the ass) . Also i got scrolls to become permanent in the backpack.
Were green?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_killer
Also whats up with the class items being better then items that cost 1 honor?
Cause they are your class ITEM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_killer
Why do the javelineers orb effect do so little damage compared to arcane ranger? At level 3 i can get up to +70 damage if the enemy is running from me while an lvl 40 arcane ranger can hit for 400-600 without problems. I think the javelineers orb ability should do damage according to the health value missing.
We will attempt to re-balance this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_killer
And the other problem i have is that all the items you buy have all weird values, a level 1 item in the shop can have like +5 agility +250 hp, and then when you upgrade it you get like 8% chance to deflect all damage. Are you going to change this or do something about it?

It's how items progress, live with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narein
Thank you for the great map and I hope you don't have much trouble fixing these bugs that are cropping up here and there.

But there is one thing I have been looking everywhere for and still don't have any information about, its not even in the donation guide.

Could you PLEASE list the class set bonuses for each class? I am insanely curious as to what they are because it can affect builds alot.

Also do class set bonuses stack if you have more than 1 class set made?

Please answer me whatever you can.
Thank you.

Thats what you as a player have to find out yourself. Ppl reported 2 of them as bugs by far.

-Av3n
__________________

Thanks to FatherTime for the sig
.:
Current ProjectsSubmissions
Power of CorruptionMy Terrain
The Black RoadMy Resources
Strikeforce
Twitter
Av3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:20 AM   #13
Drain Pipe
User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 129

Drain Pipe has little to show at this moment (3)

Default

Can you please explain how I am supposed to tabulate damage on bokor's life drain? Is it the displayed dmg + bonuses over the 10 seconds for every unit, or is what's displayed, as it says in the tooltip, supposed to be what is drained (+bonuses) every second? right now it feels like the former is what is the case, which is terribly lame.

Also, I noticed his ultimate spell not dealing damage as well. it just stopped working for whatever reason.

Also, his third spell that causes reduced attack and miss chance does not upgrade properly. I have it at lvl 2 and it says it reduces dmg by 20% but it's still the lvl 1 buff on the units and it still only reduces dmg by 10%.

Also, his first second ability can kill him. I don't know if this was intended but it's ridiculous.

Anyways that's all i got. Hope fixes come out soon....
Drain Pipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:19 AM   #14
Av3n
Roar!
 
Av3n's Avatar


Project Leader: TBR
Project Member: PoC
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,854

Submissions (7)

Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)

Hero #4 extra-official winner2008 Spell olympics - Fire - BronzeHero Contest #3 - 3rd Place

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drain Pipe
Can you please explain how I am supposed to tabulate damage on bokor's life drain? Is it the displayed dmg + bonuses over the 10 seconds for every unit, or is what's displayed, as it says in the tooltip, supposed to be what is drained (+bonuses) every second? right now it feels like the former is what is the case, which is terribly lame.
It's an tooltip error, so it suppose to work like this... (X damage + Y Spell Bonus damage) / 10 then it deals Z damage to each unit. Z is equal to the damage stored ((X damage + Y Spell Bonus damage) / 10) / Units hit by Life Leech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drain Pipe
Also, I noticed his ultimate spell not dealing damage as well. it just stopped working for whatever reason.
I'll try to see if I can delay the next version release to do some spell re-coding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drain Pipe
Also, his third spell that causes reduced attack and miss chance does not upgrade properly. I have it at lvl 2 and it says it reduces dmg by 20% but it's still the lvl 1 buff on the units and it still only reduces dmg by 10%.
I fixed that since it's been reported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drain Pipe
Also, his first second ability can kill him. I don't know if this was intended but it's ridiculous.
Read the tooltip

-Av3n
__________________

Thanks to FatherTime for the sig
.:
Current ProjectsSubmissions
Power of CorruptionMy Terrain
The Black RoadMy Resources
Strikeforce
Twitter
Av3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:47 AM   #15
Wanderlay
User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5

Wanderlay has little to show at this moment (0)

Default

Didnt see the bug yesterday but was told ingame by 2 others that they tried to stack 2 lion skins(dunno for what reason) and one dissappeared. They were owned by 2 different people.
Is the lion remains unstackable?

"The highest evasion only works, there isn't any dynamic evasion if you were confused."
Ah, no got that from your other post, but was still wondering if Dodge and block dmg still stacks with phalanx/evasion.

/a 127 spartan without phalanx.. ;P
Wanderlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:46 PM.


Affiliates
The Hubb The JASS Vault Clan WEnW Campaign Creations Clan CBS GamesModding Flixreel Videos

Powered by vBulletin (Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd).
Hosted by www.OICcam.com
IT Support and Services provided by Executive IT Services