wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Skinning / Texturing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 03-30-2010, 02:26 PM   #1
Fasolace
User

Submissions (1)

Fasolace has little to show at this moment (5)

Question Tauren Chieftain Texture Bug

I am trying to use a custom Tauren Chieftain texture, but I just can't get it to work.
The situation is like this;

I have two paths:
Textures\HeroTaurenChieftain.blp
units\orc\HeroTaurenChieftain\HeroTaurenChieftain.blp

When I set the path to the first one only the portrait will use the custom texture but not the real unit model.
And when I use the second path only the unit model will use the texture, but not the portrait.

Is there a hidden texture path that replaces both the unit model and portrait? Or what am I doing wrong?
Fasolace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 03-30-2010, 02:40 PM   #2
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

Nope, Blizzard were just daft and both models use different textures. Either you replace one of the models or you replace both the textures. My guess is that, at least in file-size terms, replacing the portrait with one that points to the 'real' texture is your best option.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:01 AM   #3
NiRVaNa_87
!

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (8)

NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)

Skinning Contest #12 WinnerSkinning Contest 6 ~ Ancient Civilization

I should recheck, but Im pretty sure the first path you mentioned was for the campaign version of the TC. The portrait should work with that one too.

Last edited by NiRVaNa_87 : 03-31-2010 at 12:03 AM.
NiRVaNa_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:59 AM   #4
dust
User

dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)

Hero #4 extra-official winner

the RoC version of the Tauren Chieftain uses Textures\HeroTaurenChieftain.blp , but the TFT version uses units\orc\HeroTaurenChieftain\HeroTaurenChieftain.blp. But the important thing is that the TFT version uses the RoC portrait. What you could do is selecting the "use RoC version" box to make it work.
dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:33 AM   #5
Dan van Ohllus
Negatory

Submissions (40)

Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)

Besides the texture path, where there any differences between RoC and TFT version of the Tauren Cheiftain at all?

I don't take requests, so don't PM or e-mail me for any.

WHY IT'S NOT A GOOD IDEA TO POST YOUR FIRST MODEL/SKIN/ICON
Dan van Ohllus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:49 PM   #6
dust
User

dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)

Hero #4 extra-official winner

I don't see any difference, face count, poly count etc are completely the same
dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:03 PM   #7
HyperActive
User

Submissions (1)

HyperActive is on a distinguished road (18)

Use the Textures\HeroTaurenChieftain.blp path for texture and choose the Cairne Bloodhoof for model (which points to Units\Orc\HeroTaurenChieftainCIN\HeroTaurenChieftainCIN.mdx for model and Units\Orc\HeroTaurenChieftainCIN\HeroTaurenChieftainCIN_Portrait.mdx for portrait, which both use the Textures\HeroTaurenChieftain.blp texture).
Old 04-01-2010, 12:54 AM   #8
NiRVaNa_87
!

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (8)

NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)

Skinning Contest #12 WinnerSkinning Contest 6 ~ Ancient Civilization

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan van Ohllus
Besides the texture path, where there any differences between RoC and TFT version of the Tauren Cheiftain at all?
Nothing different besides that annoyance as far as I know
NiRVaNa_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:57 AM   #9
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

All I know is that the so-called "cinematic" models don't have low-res equivalents in the war3lo and war3med MPQs.

Last edited by Rao Dao Zao : 04-01-2010 at 08:57 AM.
Rao Dao Zao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:12 PM   #10
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

deolrin is a jewel in the rough (167)deolrin is a jewel in the rough (167)

Send a message via MSN to deolrin

Yeah, when you play with low quality graphics, models like Kael and Cairne are much more detailed in-game.

~Gladiator, Sacred

Last edited by deolrin : 04-04-2010 at 01:12 PM.
deolrin is offline   Reply With Quote