wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > The Dawn of Chaos
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 06-26-2009, 01:42 PM   #1
The_Skullpitter
Realm Design Executive

Project Leader: DoC

The_Skullpitter has a spectacular aura about (94)The_Skullpitter has a spectacular aura about (94)The_Skullpitter has a spectacular aura about (94)The_Skullpitter has a spectacular aura about (94)

Send a message via MSN to The_Skullpitter
Default Orc Cinematic Teaser

Alright, I admit it - the summer is our worst time for production. We're at work, we're tired, we're busy, we're not posting anything. It happens every year.
I suppose you want proof that we haven't just shut the project down? Fine.
Here's a recording of the intro to Orc 1: The Swamp of Sorrows. The other cinematics, the tutorial, the art, pretty much everything is done, but it would hardly be right for me to show you EVERYTHING before the release, now, would it?
The cinematic style, with the screwy camera angles, was John's idea and I think it really adds a sense of roughness to the orc scenes. The cinematography is John's, as always; the words are mine, as always.
Both Thunderlord Brawlers are voiced by Khredath. Doomhammer, the Blackrock Taskmaster, and the Peon are voiced by myself.
NOTE: Doomhammer has a placeholder model. Our finished model needs animation tweaking before use in cinematics.

IMPORTANT: SET THE VIDEO QUALITY TO HQ AND WATCH THE VIDEO IN FULL SCREEN!
The Swamp atmosphere is VERY dark and dingy, and without the HQ and without occupying your entire screen the video will be hard to see properly. The HQ and fullscreen options are located near the volume slider.

Without further ado:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_isdR7j4JI

I had a dream a few months ago. The Pope was teaching Pope Class in my dining room. We all had Pope uniforms and we were sitting at my dining room table. I was like the Pope Class Clown. I got in a huge fight with the Pope, and he made me fail a test out of spite so I threw a fit, ran upstairs, threw my Pope robes down the stairs at him, ran into my room, fell on my ass into my laundry basket and cried.
After I woke up I was furious with the Pope for about a week.
Then he died.

Last edited by The_Skullpitter : 06-26-2009 at 01:44 PM.
The_Skullpitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 06-27-2009, 05:33 AM   #2
weg
User

weg is on a distinguished road (11)

i guess its good, can't say the same for Orgrim's voice acting though

Last edited by weg : 06-27-2009 at 05:34 AM.
weg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:35 AM   #3
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)

Doomhammer has no hammer

Otherwise, fine as it is.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:02 AM   #4
John_Drake
User

John_Drake will become famous soon enough (73)John_Drake will become famous soon enough (73)John_Drake will become famous soon enough (73)

Quote:
Originally Posted by weg

No worries, I can for you. I like Orgrim's voice actor. There, problem solved.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:04 AM   #5
The_Skullpitter
Realm Design Executive

The_Skullpitter has a spectacular aura about (94)The_Skullpitter has a spectacular aura about (94)The_Skullpitter has a spectacular aura about (94)The_Skullpitter has a spectacular aura about (94)

Quote:
Originally Posted by weg

I guess that's a response, can't say it's a useful one though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Peppers
Doomhammer has no hammer

Otherwise, fine as it is.

Oh, my bad. We only mentioned that Doomhammer's model was a placeholder 1) in the video's text and 2) in the thread linking to the video. Apparently we should have also written it into every other thread on the forum, and then put a twenty-second prologue onto the video consisting entirely of me screaming "THE FOLLOWING VIDEO CONTAINS A PLACEHOLDER FOR DOOMHAMMER'S MODEL" over and over and over.

I had a dream a few months ago. The Pope was teaching Pope Class in my dining room. We all had Pope uniforms and we were sitting at my dining room table. I was like the Pope Class Clown. I got in a huge fight with the Pope, and he made me fail a test out of spite so I threw a fit, ran upstairs, threw my Pope robes down the stairs at him, ran into my room, fell on my ass into my laundry basket and cried.
Then he died.

Last edited by The_Skullpitter : 06-27-2009 at 11:08 AM.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:46 AM   #6
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Skullpitter
Oh, my bad. We only mentioned that Doomhammer's model was a placeholder 1) in the video's text and 2) in the thread linking to the video.

Whoops! Sorry then... how come I didn't read that? :S

Quote:
Apparently we should have also written it into every other thread on the forum, and then put a twenty-second prologue onto the video consisting entirely of me screaming "THE FOLLOWING VIDEO CONTAINS A PLACEHOLDER FOR DOOMHAMMER'S MODEL" over and over and over.

Heh, that would work nicely :)
Old 06-27-2009, 01:20 PM   #7
John_Drake
User

John_Drake will become famous soon enough (73)John_Drake will become famous soon enough (73)John_Drake will become famous soon enough (73)

And here's a quick picture from Orc Mission II.

Yup, that's Kilrogg you see in the foreground. Model by Xaran Alamas, skin by Anithero.

Zoom (requires log in)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BH024.jpg (453.6 KB, 444 views)
Old 06-27-2009, 07:41 PM   #8
The_Skullpitter
Realm Design Executive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Peppers
Whoops! Sorry then... how come I didn't read that? :S

Heh, that would work nicely :)

I like you.

Then he died.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:56 PM   #9
JimBob
User

JimBob has little to show at this moment (0)

Killrogg looks awesome; as he should because he's the best Orc to ever exists.

By the way, is he praying? Who's he praying for?
JimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:39 AM   #10
weg
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by weg
okay, my reply wasn't really informative, I take back what I said about Orgrim's voice acting. the voice acting for Orgrim was quite good, however the quality of the audio recording of Orgrim's voice isn't really the best when compared to the audio quality of the other voices. It sort of ends up feeling quite cheap in the end..

(I'm sorry, I can't help it.. I'm an audiophile)

Last edited by weg : 06-29-2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:56 AM   #11
The_Skullpitter
Realm Design Executive

Quote:
Originally Posted by weg
okay, my reply wasn't really informative, I take back what I said about Orgrim's voice acting. the voice acting for Orgrim was quite good, however the quality of the audio recording of Orgrim's voice isn't really the best when compared to the audio quality of the other voices. It sort of ends up feeling quite cheap in the end..

(I'm sorry, I can't help it.. I'm an audiophile)

Now I have no idea what you're talking about.
There are only two people recording voices in this mission. The person who is not me, has lines of exceptionally poor audio quality. They crackle. The ones I recorded do not crackle.

Then he died.

Last edited by John_Drake : 06-29-2009 at 12:21 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:21 PM   #12
John_Drake
User

Quote:
Now I have no idea what you're talking about.
There are only two people recording voices in this mission. The person who is not me, has lines of exceptionally poor audio quality. They crackle. The ones I recorded do not crackle.
Are you perhaps on drugs?

I think it has more to do with the quality of the audio in the video in general than your actually recordings, so its a fair thing to say. Since the video was compressed twice.

Last edited by John_Drake : 06-29-2009 at 12:22 PM.
John_Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:47 AM   #13
weg
User

Quote:
Are you perhaps on drugs?
hehe, like I said, I'm an audiophile, just a tad bit of inconsistency with the audio can drive me nuts, I'm sorry if I had offended you in anyway..

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Drake
I think it has more to do with the quality of the audio in the video in general than your actually recordings, so its a fair thing to say. Since the video was compressed twice.
pretty much sums this up then
Old 06-30-2009, 12:37 PM   #14
John_Drake
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by weg
hehe, like I said, I'm an audiophile, just a tad bit of inconsistency with the audio can drive me nuts, I'm sorry if I had offended you in anyway..

pretty much sums this up then

There will be inconsistency in some of the recording quality, needless to say but unfortunate nonetheless, in the final product simply because we'll be using so many different source mics because we're just taking what we can get in terms of voice acting.

What I wouldn't give for cash to get a recording studio for a few days.

Last edited by John_Drake : 06-30-2009 at 12:38 PM.
John_Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:29 PM   #15
weg
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Drake
There will be inconsistency in some of the recording quality, needless to say but unfortunate nonetheless, in the final product simply because we'll be using so many different source mics because we're just taking what we can get in terms of voice acting.

What I wouldn't give for cash to get a recording studio for a few days.
fair enough