wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map Testing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 07-06-2009, 04:47 AM   #61
DanThanh
User

Submissions (1)

DanThanh has little to show at this moment (7)

Send a message via Yahoo to DanThanh

Wow, really interesting map, satisfied and huge combat, tactical gameplay, well done terrain. We love it, you should continue to develope it, maybe add some more custom spells and items, good luck !
Old 12-31-2009, 12:07 PM   #62
Neversleeping
User

Neversleeping has little to show at this moment (9)

Long time no see. I got psyched up reading through the thread again; apart from Alexis, it seemed that most people understood and enjoyed what this map is trying to express. Thanks a lot for your interest and time to playtest it.

Just letting you all know that the map is still being developed and that many things is improved. I've went through the fix-lists you have me, and it has got some new items and new cool custom abilities going on as well.

Also, the balance is much better after playing this a dozen times 3v3 on lan and discussing afterwards. My group is really dedicated to this, and have had a lot of fun. Perhaps I should upload some replays to show you have many crazy tactics familiar players come up with!

Last edited by Neversleeping : 12-31-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Neversleeping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:46 AM   #63
The Grey Knight
User

The Grey Knight has little to show at this moment (1)

havent really played this map, but from what i can see on the screens for the terrains, i would just recommend using a LOT more doodads. using Rocks to cover up cliffs is also a good idea, if u need an example screenshot i can post one up, but damn, those blizz cliffs are ugly.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:05 PM   #64
Neversleeping
User

Thanks.

I'll just point out that there are over 4000 doodads on the map. The terrain changes face throughout this huge map; the screenshot you saw is from the mountain-region, but other places there are lush forests, rivers, etc with proper weather effects .. Maybe it's because you saw no trees in the mountain region that it seems I've used little doodads.

I hear that people think blizzard cliffs is ugly. Perhaps so, but they are very functional and neat from a strategic point of view. If your opponent is one "etage" above you, you know you'll get the hit and visibility modifiers etc. I think blizzard cliffs is good from a game-wise perspective, but perhaps not in making a the terrain look "real".

Even so, the terrain is natural and unsymmetric besides these plateau-elements. It has clear logical concpts with towns that blend into the terrain etc. Important cliffs where catapults can be placed etc.

I urge you to try out the map at least once when I post the new version. There's a lot of cool stuff now :)
Old 01-09-2010, 03:05 PM   #65
DanThanh
User

Submissions (1)

DanThanh has little to show at this moment (7)

Send a message via Yahoo to DanThanh

Okay, glad to know you are still developing it. I'm eager to see what you will bring us :)
Old 01-10-2010, 01:03 AM   #66
Neversleeping
User

Me and the group have playtested and worked tirelessly through the christmas holidays brainstorming, playtesting fixing.. (and playtesting some more because it's so fun ;) ). It's a lot of improvements and much more polished than the version I uploaded about a year ago, and quite some new suprises; newest one being the awesome Nethermancer ability Summon Spirit of Death =). This is getting a really fun and action packed map with lots of variation and depth of strategy. When to attack, defend, holding control points, which units to use.. it's all really intense.

Last edited by Neversleeping : 01-10-2010 at 01:09 AM.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:59 PM   #67
Neversleeping
User

Alright, here's a final beta-version. The patch list since last time is waaaay too long to write, but it involves more of everything. Better terrain, fixed up all descriptions and hotkeys, new abilities, new items, tons of custom graphics, more playtesting and balancing behind it all, more mercs and generelly a much better map.

There's loads of suprises here you probably won't see the first or even second time to play. But hope you get to try it atleast a few times, as people say it gets better when you get to learn and understand the map properly!

You find the map here

ps; note that the hero-selection is still "turn based", so it's not yet suited for internet play where people generally don't know the map. This will be fixed for the next version.

Last edited by Neversleeping : 01-21-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:09 AM   #68
Neversleeping
User

New version uploaded.

Last edited by Neversleeping : 02-18-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:03 AM   #69
Neversleeping
User

For funsies, I made an alternate version of the map; a Co-op version. For now, you can only play the alliance this way. The horde will spawn massive amounts of units to attack your base in various ways. They will also spawn random heroes that will try to claim control points and do other things. This will be pretty intense and require good teamwork.

Check it out. 2 players will have a hard time, but it is possible.
Attached Files
File Type: w3x BattledawnV200210COOPversion.w3x (1.56 MB, 11 views)

Quote:
Everything should be made as simple as possible. But not any simpler. -AA.

Last edited by Neversleeping : 02-22-2010 at 08:12 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:17 PM   #70
TaShadan
User

TaShadan has little to show at this moment (4)

tried it and i like it :p
are there any other players playing it ? want to play it in multiplayer :)
TaShadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:35 PM   #71
Neversleeping
User

Thanks!

Me and a small group of people play it fairly often. I could contact you here or by some instant messaging if you want to join us :)
This goes for anyone!

Quote:

Last edited by Neversleeping : 04-25-2010 at 06:23 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:42 PM   #72
Neversleeping
User

Anyone up for playing right now with 3v3? :) We have 4 already

Quote:

Last edited by Neversleeping : 05-12-2010 at 07:43 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:13 PM   #73
assassingao
User

assassingao is on a distinguished road (13)

Elementalist's fireball tooltip doesn't show in full. And I suggest that all hotkeys should be remapped for easier usage. (but it's ok if you don't do anything about that, though. It really bugged me :P)

The map's introduction is epic and the feeling while playing this map is incredible (you actually felt that you were leading something), don't get me wrong here. Right now it's just so damned hard to find any faults beside the tooltip.

It's like melee/ladder without the base-building. And it's set in the grand scale too!

I'm loving it until further multiplayer testing happens.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:14 PM   #74
Neversleeping
User

Thanks a lot for the review!! You should have joined us for 3 vs 3 tonight. It was epic.

I don't see a tooltip missing. Oh no... I hope you didn't download from the first post of THIS thread. It was a super old version. I've changed it now.

Quote:

Last edited by Neversleeping : 05-18-2010 at 07:46 AM.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:25 AM   #75
Neversleeping
User

Last message posted in 2008. Long time ago! Now, in 2015, with several hundreds hours of work put into the map since then, I want to "relaunch" it on this site. Everything is simply better and more polished now. And one of the main new features is an auto adjustable difficulty setting with full hero AI (taking control points, defending bases etc), making it functional for both single player, co-op, teams with uneven number of players, and so in. Very cool in co-op mode.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/m...legend-256177/

There's been so many epic battles on this map now, and I'm proud share to you guys. Hope you will have some good times with it as well.

--
ps; me and some friends are often playing this using the virtual LAN service Tunngle. Let me know if you're interested in joining in.

Quote:

Last edited by Neversleeping : 01-17-2015 at 10:26 AM.