wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Warcraft Editing Tools
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 04-16-2009, 02:22 PM   #196
Karawasa
Element Tower Defense

Submissions (2)

Karawasa has a spectacular aura about (78)Karawasa has a spectacular aura about (78)Karawasa has a spectacular aura about (78)

Approved Map: Tropical TagApproved Map: Element TD

Send a message via AIM to Karawasa Send a message via MSN to Karawasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karawasa
Problem 1

I use upgrades to determine the level(3 levels) of an "element" you have. When I tick both "Upgrades" boxes, it messes up the text information for the upgrade. Allow me to explain:

Say a tower requires level 1 in Fire and level 1 in Earth. When you go to build/upgrade it with neither element, it will say something like:

Quote:
-Fire 1 Needed
-Earth 1 Needed

When I tick both options the same scenario gives me:

Quote:
-Fire 3 Needed
-Earth 3 Needed

The tower is still buildable/upgradeable if you have Fire 1 and Earth 1, so it is just a text error not a functional error.

Problem 2

If I check "Clean Trigger Strings" I get another text error. This time it has to deal with unit armor/attack information.

I use custom attack and armor information, a typical armor text(when you mouse the icon on a unit) would be something like:

Quote:
Takes 50% from X
Takes 200% from Y
Takes 100% from all other

When I check the option I end up with something like:

Quote:
Takes 50%
Takes 200%
Takes 100%

So basically it is cutting off the information entered for custom armor/attack text(>Advanced>Game Interface).

Element Tower Defense - Premier WC3 Custom Game

Last edited by Karawasa : 04-16-2009 at 02:24 PM.
Karawasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 04-23-2009, 04:18 PM   #197
Kueken
User

Kueken will become famous soon enough (41)Kueken will become famous soon enough (41)

I got a problem with widgetizer recently. I used it for old versions of my map, and it worked perfectly (except for single abilitys, nothing the exception list cannot handle ;) )

However, widgetizer seems to screw up my map now completely. If I use it, even without any checkbox checked, the map is not playable after (the player fiels do not show up when choosing the map in singleplayer, also it loses about 20 percent of its map size)

For the newest version 2 things changed:

1. I am using vJass for my spells now (jngp with updated jasshelper; previous version was also saved with jnpg but without any use of vJass syntax). With this comes the use of some systems, like vexorians xe system or cohadars pui; however I cannot imagine how this could be related.

2. warcraft patch 1.23 came out

Well I would like to know why my map seems not to be compatible with widgetizer anymore at all.

Greetings
Kueken

edit: The other slk optimizer tool seems to work (except the compression feature and screwing up some buffs; again, nothing the exception list cannot handle) However I wonder, both tools work the same in general (while widgetizer used to be more fool-proof and better customizable with the .ini and slk optimizer is faster, has some other options and tends to screw up certain abilities/buffs) or not?

Last edited by Kueken : 04-24-2009 at 09:29 AM.
Kueken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:40 PM   #198
Terrabull
User

Terrabull has little to show at this moment (0)

I am having the same problem as Kueken above. Using Widgetizer causes my map to be unplayable.
I have run Hextractor and updated the files because my map uses the most recent patch instead of Custom.
I use JNGP, but that has never caused issues before.
Terrabull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:11 PM   #199
Terrabull
User

Terrabull has little to show at this moment (0)

I am having the same problem as Kueken. My map is unplayable after using Widgetizer.
I can play it using the SLK Opt program, but that one screws up my triggers (because I can't use Hextractor to change it from Custom to Melee)
Terrabull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 06:25 AM   #200
masda70
User

Submissions (1)

masda70 has a spectacular aura about (128)

@Terrabull Check for object data that contains a double quote ( " ) in their id.
If you used the "import object data" from the grim extension pack then there is a possibility such objects exist.

These objects cause problems when the map is widgetized (fatal errors).
I posted on the following thread about it:
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=90661&p=1096321

Last edited by masda70 : 08-01-2009 at 07:04 AM.
masda70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:57 AM   #201
Sinnergy
User

Sinnergy has little to show at this moment (8)

Quote:
Usage: BatWitgetizer <inputmap.w3x> [customconfigfile.ini]
BatWitgetizer
or
BatWigetizer
?

I'm not that familiar with command line, does "[customconfigfile.ini]" optional?
Old 08-14-2009, 06:47 PM   #202
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Tools & Tutorials Moderator

Submissions (12)

PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)

Approved Map: Pitzer's Minesweeper

Well, that's the name of the exe, so BatWidgetizer or BatWidgetizer.exe would both work. And yes arguments in [] are optional.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:59 AM   #203
ShadowDestroyer
User

ShadowDestroyer is on a distinguished road (15)

Send a message via AIM to ShadowDestroyer

So, what is the best way to correct the issue that causes Wedgitizer to break your map?

clanmord.net
Try Tropical Tag, Militia Rebellion, Capture the Flag WSG, and Footmen Frenzy XV!
ShadowDestroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 01:26 PM   #204
watterly
User

watterly has little to show at this moment (4)

I had the same problem (problem #1) than Karawasa: The Tooltip of your upgrade is good, but the name get changed to something else. Let's say a tower need the upgrade "Pitzermike Mastery" well on the unit it will appear "Widgetizer Mastery" but still uses the "Pitzermike Mastery".
watterly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:10 AM   #205
ploks
User

ploks has little to show at this moment (6)

When I downloaded this program my anti-virus program Nod32 warns me about a trojan. I assume that the program contains no Trojan but since I couldn't find a post about this on the forums, I thought that I should mention it.
ploks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:09 PM   #206
GALLED
User

Submissions (1)

GALLED has little to show at this moment (1)

I have a problem when I have destructable with texture "UI\Widgets\EscMenu\Orc\orc-options-menu-border.blp", apparently the Widgetizer doesn't load the texture but a destructable with the texture "UI\Widgets\Console\Human\human-inventory-slotfiller.blp" does.

I need these textures, because with the skill WarClub transfer textures to models without textures.

War of Gods
GALLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:55 PM   #207
forelmashi
User

forelmashi has little to show at this moment (0)

is Customizable Object Ids functional? doesn't seem to be working for me. also why does all the custom ability/unit information disappear in world editor after widgetizing? :D
forelmashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:43 AM   #208
Fledermaus
default string

Submissions (1)

Fledermaus is a jewel in the rough (194)Fledermaus is a jewel in the rough (194)Fledermaus is a jewel in the rough (194)

Send a message via MSN to Fledermaus

Because the editor uses the .w3* files and the widgetizer turns all that stuff into slk's.

You should only be using the widgetizer right before you do a release version of your map, not on something that is unfinished.

Last edited by Fledermaus : 05-13-2010 at 02:44 AM.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:08 PM   #209
Nightwisher_
User

Nightwisher_ has little to show at this moment (0)

Anyone knows how the Widgetizer determines which objects are unused?
Nightwisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote