wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 11-15-2008, 10:09 PM   #1
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

Default Spell request thread

Err ok, I basically don't feel like making systems or updating jasshelper in a while, something simple like making a spell would work I guess.

Rules
  • I will make the spell publically available in the resources section and ultra easy to implement, so don't expect any exclusivity
  • I'll limit myself for 1 spell per week, so I'll pick the one I like the most.
  • If I don't like the idea I will not make it. It is neither sufficient nor necessary for an idea to be good for me to like it.
  • I will most likely use vJass, xe, and whatever evil vJass system/script I find necessary, so prepare to have to be able to use those in your map if you want to use the spell.
  • Please, I'd like to actually make useful spells here, try justifying the request, aka explain why your map needs it or something like that.
  • If the spell's description takes more than 3 paragraphs I'll probably skip it.

edit:
Anitarf has basically offered himself to also make spells following this thread and rules, so if one doesn't pick your spell the other might.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 11-15-2008, 10:16 PM   #2
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

This is what I should have done.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:17 PM   #3
Zerzax
Zerzy

Submissions (2)

Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverSpell Making Session 13 WinnerSpell Making Session 12 Winner

Send a message via AIM to Zerzax Send a message via MSN to Zerzax

EDIT: Well, think of it this way: at least you helped a lot of people with their ideas

Last edited by Zerzax : 11-16-2008 at 05:34 AM.
Zerzax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:24 PM   #4
Tide-Arc Ephemera
Overdoses result in death

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

I reckon this should be renamed "Vexorian's Spell Request Thread" and Pyro's one be renamed "Pyrogasm's Spell Request Thread" ... otherwise we have two essentially the same thread with the same name but methods would vary.

If you're having troubles getting help on WC3C or anywhere at all, please have a look at...
The WRONG way to ask for help and The CORRECT way to ask for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alevice
You may never stop our bioweapon! We mexicans shall rule the third world! Mwahahahahahahaha!
Please acknowledge that I use Mac and avoid suggesting vJass and other tools that don't work on it. Thank you.
Tide-Arc Ephemera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 12:34 AM   #5
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

Or we could have the first poster's name come up underneath the thread title. Vex - any chance we could implement that?
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 12:50 AM   #6
Tide-Arc Ephemera

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

EDIT!
Never mind.

If you're having troubles getting help on WC3C or anywhere at all, please have a look at...

Quote:
You may never stop our bioweapon! We mexicans shall rule the third world! Mwahahahahahahaha!
Please acknowledge that I use Mac and avoid suggesting vJass and other tools that don't work on it. Thank you.

Last edited by Tide-Arc Ephemera : 11-16-2008 at 01:09 AM.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:54 AM   #7
Szythe
User

Submissions (3)

Szythe has a spectacular aura about (143)

Spell Making Session 11 WinnerSmiley contest 4th and 5th place.Mapping Contest Third PlaceSpell making session 08

I believe that was sarcasm since said feature already exists.
Szythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:10 AM   #8
Tide-Arc Ephemera

Submissions (3)

I'm more used to using the first-post feature when you're browsing the forum as whole, so I don't see it all that much nowadays. I do delve into each area, though, if I need something... I only recognize my topics because of my [Prefix] habit. Sometimes I get confused 'cause other people do it, too.

Quote:
Old 11-16-2008, 01:17 AM   #9
Jazradel
Superuser

Submissions (1)

Jazradel has a spectacular aura about (110)Jazradel has a spectacular aura about (110)Jazradel has a spectacular aura about (110)Jazradel has a spectacular aura about (110)

Send a message via AIM to Jazradel Send a message via MSN to Jazradel

I'm going to suprise my self by asking for a spell.

Tripwire
User targets any two points. Line is created between them. Any unit crossing the line is stunned.

It's mostly the unit crosses line bit I'd like you to do, since I suck at geometry.

I could probably code this myself eventually, but I'm intested in seeing how you'd approach this.

Table:
Jump Map
Point System
Warcraft III Model Archive

W3 Model Archive should be available from https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cd5..._III_Resources, PM me if it doesn't work.

Last edited by Jazradel : 11-16-2008 at 01:18 AM.
Jazradel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:39 AM   #10
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)

Send a message via MSN to Ignitedstar Send a message via Yahoo to Ignitedstar

Intested? X_X

I might ask for a request, soon. Just giving you guys a heads up. Unless I am not validated to, because I did one oh-so long ago?
I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."

1 Corinthians 13:1-2

Current Works:
None.
Ignitedstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 02:02 AM   #11
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazradel
I'm going to suprise my self by asking for a spell.

Tripwire
User targets any two points. Line is created between them. Any unit crossing the line is stunned.

It's mostly the unit crosses line bit I'd like you to do, since I suck at geometry.

I could probably code this myself eventually, but I'm intested in seeing how you'd approach this.
I don't know, I am not a fan of multi target spells, let's see what Anitarf thinks about it.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 02:10 AM   #12
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

I find it an interesting idea that should be fun to code, so I'll pick that as my spell for the first week. I might not get it done until the next weekend depending on my schedule, though.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:21 AM   #13
Jazradel
Superuser

Submissions (1)

Jazradel has a spectacular aura about (110)Jazradel has a spectacular aura about (110)Jazradel has a spectacular aura about (110)Jazradel has a spectacular aura about (110)

Awesome, thanks.

No time limit, I won't be able to do anything till next sunday and at that point I have months to do stuff.

Table:
Jump Map
Point System

W3 Model Archive should be available from https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cd5..._III_Resources, PM me if it doesn't work.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:30 AM   #14
Zerzax
Zerzy

Submissions (2)

Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverSpell Making Session 13 WinnerSpell Making Session 12 Winner

Send a message via AIM to Zerzax Send a message via MSN to Zerzax

GroupEnumUnitsInRect?

That's a bit cryptic, but as in use a rect that joins those two points, is it possible to have the min/max x/y be the same coordinates? If you need to put space in between, thats not hard either.

Last edited by Zerzax : 11-16-2008 at 02:41 AM.
Zerzax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 02:39 AM   #15
Jazradel
Superuser

Submissions (1)

Only works if the line goes from exactly east to west or north to south.

You could create lots of little rects (or one big region) but there's probably a much better way to do it.

Table:
Jump Map
Point System

Last edited by Jazradel : 11-16-2008 at 02:40 AM.