wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map Testing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 09-08-2006, 06:19 PM   #1
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

Exclamation Rules and Guidelines

Pre-amble

This section is for posting your map so that others can test it, and, hopefully, give feedback. As such, there aren't as stringent requirements for information as would be required elsewhere in the Project Discussion section.

Still, we expect a minimum level of effort to be put in; this allows people to see what the map is about before testing it, which gives a much bigger chance of your map being tested (as that is, after all, what this is all about), and ensures a basic level of quality to the forums.

Rules

These are the things that you have to abide by. If you do not, then your thread may be locked or delete, and other things may happen (though this is very unlikely). Any action would be at the disgression of the moderators, and, so long as you don't create three words posts, and heed us when we ask your to change something, then you'll be having your map tested in no time (if people are interested enough, of course - I haven't devised a method of forcing people to test maps...yet).

I'm not going to give a set format, but it should be as clear as possible, containing at least this information:
  • Map name (or placeholder, if applicable).
  • Basic outline of the map (eg: saying it is a single player RPG, followed by a little bit of information; a short paragraph would be good, but a couple of sentences would do).
  • Clear, understandable English (we do not expect everyone to be word perfect, but 'leet' speak is not acceptable, and if your English is very poor, it may be advisable to get someone to translate for you).
  • You post to get criticism; as such, it should be accepted, both positive and negative. Still, as always, negative criticism must be explained (it is also nice if positive responses are explained, but we won't nail you to a wall if you don't). Remember - only by realising the flaws in your map can it improve; as such, negative responses are often the most useful (do not confuse negative responses with flaming - unexplained or pointless negative comments will be taken as flaming and dealt with accordingly).

Guidelines

These are not required. However, it is advised that you do follow these, as people will be more willing to test your map:
  • Grab people's attention! Tell them why your map (RPG #2,448 or AoS #95,764) is different, and why they should test it. Some nicely flavoured text giving atmosphere may be useful here.
  • Be detailed! 'This is an RPG, you have to kill the enemies to save everyone. You level up as you do so and get stronger' doesn't sound very interesting, does it? 'You fight various enemies such as dragons and demons, gaining strength and leveling up through up to 25 levels on your quest to save your home' sounds a lot better. Ask yourself which one you'd test first.
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 09-08-2006, 08:04 PM   #2
DeaD_MeN_WalkiN
Robie williams ROFL

DeaD_MeN_WalkiN will become famous soon enough (37)DeaD_MeN_WalkiN will become famous soon enough (37)

Send a message via AIM to DeaD_MeN_WalkiN Send a message via MSN to DeaD_MeN_WalkiN

Good to see rules implemented here .

P.S if you don't want any reply here maybe close the thread?

~Dead

Retired (Well I'm still doing freelance works).
DeaD_MeN_WalkiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:22 PM   #3
Captain Griffen

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

If anyone has any feedback they can post it here. I don't see any advantage in locking it right away (though I may clean it in future and lock it).
Quote:
Old 09-09-2006, 10:43 PM   #4
Av3n
Roar!

Project Leader: TBR
Project Member: PoC

Submissions (7)

Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)

Hero #4 extra-official winner2008 Spell olympics - Fire - BronzeHero Contest #3 - 3rd Place

Prehaps have to read each forum's rules and guidelines next time.
Maybe you should do a rule about something about old threads, about bumping , necromancy etc.

Thanks to FatherTime for the sig
.:
Current ProjectsSubmissions
Power of CorruptionMy Terrain
The Black RoadMy Resources
Strikeforce
Twitter
Av3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 10:53 PM   #5
Captain Griffen

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Global rules of course apply anywhere on the site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Rules
Replying to your own thread is known as "double posting." This is not permitted at Wc3Campaigns - use the edit button to make additional content in your post.
You can, however, reply to your own post in order to return ("bump") the thread to the top of the list as long as there has been no reply in over 48 hours, and the thread is less than 1 week old.
Quote:
Old 09-12-2006, 12:24 PM   #6
DeaD_MeN_WalkiN
Robie williams ROFL

DeaD_MeN_WalkiN will become famous soon enough (37)DeaD_MeN_WalkiN will become famous soon enough (37)

Send a message via AIM to DeaD_MeN_WalkiN Send a message via MSN to DeaD_MeN_WalkiN

Can we post a Thread but has no map attached so we can get a good team for a closed beta?

Old 09-12-2006, 04:30 PM   #7
Captain Griffen

Content Director

Submissions (2)

That's fine by me. I don't think it really fits into the remit of Project Recruitment.
Quote:
Old 09-23-2006, 08:56 PM   #8
DeaD_MeN_WalkiN
Robie williams ROFL

Suggestion: Closing threads that the makers of the map are no longer interested in it, Like for instance, Someone made a map, wanted people comments. Then he ignored the thread for like 2 weeks Without a Notice, While people are continuing to post to the thread thinking that the maker cares, which he probably doesn't.

Last edited by DeaD_MeN_WalkiN : 09-23-2006 at 08:56 PM.