wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map / Campaign Projects
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 07-26-2020, 09:16 AM   #811
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0
Exclamation (6)JungleTrollFever - Jungle Trolls (v0)

Jungle Trolls
Version 0.0

by Kyrbi0 & Cosmicat

(With extensive help (coding, testing, etc) from MichaelPeppers & ArchmageOwenalacaster)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Race Lineup - Troll Alpha.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	221.5 KB
ID:	51256

Versions Tested In:
1.26Works
(feel free to test it in other versions & let me know)

In order to play as the Jungle Trolls, select "Orc" & "90%" HP Handicap.

Welcome to Version Zero of my long-awaited custom Jungle Troll race. To be clear, this is not the fully-realized Final Version; you can think of this as merely... a Tribute. Sort of like a Playable Alpha; sufficiently finished to be "complete" & playable, but pretty far removed (at this point) from all the stuff I have planned for the Final Version.

Enjoy!

===
===
===

Introduction

Name:	Hero Lineup.PNG
Views:	5
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	51257

The wily Jungle Trolls of the southern Stranglethorn jungles are a vicious and cunning group. Hunkered in the shadows of their former world-spanning empire, the vigorous Gurubashi blood still pumps through their veins. Fiercely xenophobic and territorial of their ancient lands, the Jungle Trolls field powerful voodoo magicks and guerilla tactics, honed by millennia of inter-tribal conflict. Jungle Trolls can be barbaric in their defense of home & tribe; mutilation, cannibalism, and ritualistic sacrifices are not uncommon. With their vaunted regeneration and mysterious rituals, the Jungle Trolls maintain the sanctity of their ancestral home with ferocity and guile.

Now, with a headstrong young Warbringer at the helm, the Jungle Trolls are poised to bring a new era of conquest to Stranglethorn Vale... And beyond.

Racial Identity
The Tribesmen are a loose affiliation of Troll tribes and vicious jungle beasts. They focus on guerrilla tactics, with enhanced mobility and both ranged and magical superiority. Many of their abilities take advantage of the dead and of spirits, so every death can bolster the Troll army.

Advantages
  • Stealth and Mobility
Troll infantry units, the worker & one hero (ďViper PriestessĒ)) have the Crawl ability. Crawl can be toggled to render them permanently invisible but removes their ability to attack and reduces their move speed. Crawl can be researched at the Grisly Message (The worker does not require the research).
  • Racial Regeneration
All Troll units have enhanced health regeneration innately; higher than any other racesí aside from Undead on Blight. This helps to compensate for the sparse Healing spells among the Trolls.
  • Increased Food Production
Trolls gain Food by constructing Boar Huts which passively trains Boars. Each Boar provides food. The rate at which they are generated can be upgrade.
  • Defense Towers
The basic Troll tower (the Sentry Post) can be upgraded in one of two ways: either to the offensive Tiki Tower with a ranged magical attack, or to the Jungle, a defensive building which can garrison units, slow down enemies, and summon a Swarm of Bees to defend itself.
  • The Tiki Warriors, with Spell Immunity and the Sacred Staff ability, are very good at killing Heroes.
  • The Null Ward can cancel all magical activity in an area.
  • Vampire Bats are especially adept at swarming and taking down large enemy flyers; the Feeding Frenzy upgrade increases their damage based on the number of nearby attacking Vampire Bats.

===
JUNGLE TROLLS v0 - Credits
(ripped from the map & edited)
BY AUTHOR
BY RESOURCE
===

BY AUTHOR
Table:
Kyrbi0- Lead Creator
- Original Concepts
- Primary "Coder"
- Designer/Implementer
Cosmicat - Follow-Up Implementer
- Coder
- Tester
- Original 'Releaser'
======
Alexander244 (code) - Medicine Mon: Wall of Zombies
AnemicRoyalty - Headshrinker: Skin
- Combat Upgrades: Icons ("Axe_1/2/3", "Voodoo Sigil_1/2/3")
Anitarf - ABuff library
- SpellEvent library
Archmage Owenalacaster - Custom Race System
Blizzard- Most Icons Not Otherwise Credited, having been Edited by Kyrbi0
Cavman - Marauder: Model (Mount)
Cosmicat (code) - Medicine Mon: Convalescent Curse, Wall of Zombies fix
- Headshrinker: Bewilder, Shrink fix
- Viper Priestess: Mark of the Viper, Mesmerize, Aspect of Hethiss
- Ravager: Kukri Toss
Deolrin - Grisly Message: Icon, Model (edits)
- Lurid Warning: Icon, Model (edits)
- Gruesome Testament: Icon, Model (edits)
- Altar of Blood: Icon, Model
- Training Log: Model
- Jungle Bungalow: Model
[–] - Groundling: Model
- Dartmon: Model
Falcoknight - Ravager: Model, Skin
GreyArchon - Vampire Bat: Model
Jigrael - Headshrinker: Model, Animation, Icon
- Viper Priestess: Model, Skin, Animation
- Ravager: Icon, Model, Skin
Juice_F - Warbringer: Skin
Levigeorge1716 - Marauder: Icon, Model (Troll)
Metal_Sonic64 - Hexxer: Model (Troll)
Michael Peppers (code) - Viper Priestess: Serpent Steel
Norinrad - Warbringer: Model
Ominous Horizons - Headshrinker: Base 3dsMax Model
Tales of Raviganion (Rightfield) - Tiki Warrior: Icon, Model
- Grisly Message: Model & Custom Textures
- Lurid Warning: Model & Custom Textures
- Gruesome Testament: Model & Custom Textures
Tijil - Basilisk: Icon, Model
Vexorian - Table library
- TimerUtils library
======
Testers - Alevice
- Anopob
- Archmage Owenalacaster
- Cosmicat
- Michael Peppers
Special Thanks - Tim.
- Vexorian
- Rising_Dusk
- Michael Peppers
- Alevice
- Anopob
- Archmage Owenalacaster
- Deolrin
- RenegadeMushroom
- [–]

BY RESOURCE
Table:
===Systems & Libraries===
Custom Race SystemArchmage Owenalacaster
ABuff Library, SpellEvent LibraryAnitarf
Table Library, TimerUtils LibraryVexorian
===Spells & Coding===
Convalescent Curse,
Wall of Zombies (edits),
Bewilder,
Shrink (edits),
Mark of the Viper,
Mesmerize,
Aspect of Hethiss,
Kukri Toss
Cosmicat
Serpent SteelMichael Peppers
Wall of ZombiesAlexander244
===Models, Textures, Icons, Etc===
Grisly Message
-> Lurid Warning
--> Gruesome Testament
Rightfield (original model); Deolrin (edits)
Groundling[–] (model)
Altar of BloodDeolrin (model, icon)
WarbringerNorinrad (model); Juice_F (texture)
HeadshrinkerOH (3dsmax Mesh); Jigrael (model, anims, icon); A.R. (texture)
Python WarrioressJigrael (model, texture, anims)
Training LogDeolrin (model)
RavagerJigrael (model, anims, icon); Falcoknight (texture)
Marauderlevigeorge1716 (icon, model (Troll)); Cavman (model (Raptor))
Vampire BatGreyArchon (model)
BasiliskTijil (model)
HexxerMetalSonic64 (model (Troll))
Tiki WarriorTToR (model)
Jungle BungalowDeolrin (model)
Jungle Dartmon[–] (model)
(Keen->Honed-->Wicked) Blades
(Boundbark->Splitbark-->Barkplate) Armor
A.R. (icons)

SCREENSHOTS

Name:	WC3ScrnShot_060620_012842_02.png
Views:	3
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	51259 Click image for larger version

Name:	WC3ScrnShot_060620_025545_04.png
Views:	2
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	51260 Click image for larger version

Name:	WC3ScrnShot_060620_030217_05.png
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	51261

Name:	WC3ScrnShot_060620_030259_06.png
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	51262 Click image for larger version

Name:	WC3ScrnShot_060620_030345_07.png
Views:	2
ID:	51263 Click image for larger version

Name:	WC3ScrnShot_060620_030642_08.png
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	51264

Name:	WC3ScrnShot_060620_030854_09.png
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	51265 Click image for larger version

Name:	WC3ScrnShot_060620_032240_19.png
ID:	51266 Click image for larger version

Name:	WC3ScrnShot_060620_032139_18.png
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	51267
(more coming (?))

CHANGELOG
v0.0 - Original upload
Attached Files
File Type: w3x (6)JungleTrollFever.w3x (3.27 MB, 4 views)
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 07-26-2020, 09:27 AM   #812
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0
Information

===HISTORY TEIM===

So many of you probably have a lot of questions about this, if you've known me for any length of time: "why now?" "why just an Alpha?" "is this really what you've been working on this whole time??" "why only 1.26?" "why not upload it to the resource section?", etc. I don't know if I can answer all of them, but I think the history is interesting & the insight might be... insightful. x )

Basically, waaaaay back in 2009 I was frantically trying to Finish the Jungle Trolls, because I had worked on them for nearly 6 years (oh, so long... ha) and was about to leave on a 2-year proselytizing mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (wherein I'd be unable to use the Internet or "basically" any technology, thus no work on the Trolls). I figured I might not even want to bother finishing it after that.

When it came right down to the deadline (& I mean literally, past midnight on the day before I am scheduled to walk onto a plane & fly far away), my procrastination had gotten the best of me: I wasn't finished.

So I began even more frantically to rush about, 7zip-ping everything up into little packages, and contacting my long-time modding buddies with explicit instructions: "Here's everything. If you want to & are able to, please finish my work. No big deal if you can't/don't want to". Into a Pastebin I poured my cruelty files, my malice documents, and my will to dominate all life WIP custom maps.

And then I left.

Fast forward two years, and I come back to a wondrous surprise: in my absence, not only had my modding buddies (spearheaded, led & organized by @cosmicat) worked on the Trolls; they had finished them! And packaged it all up nicely in a standard melee map ("Jungle Fever", natch) for easy playing & everything! I went back through my "custom races" topic & was blown away by the care & concern that had gone into a project that wasn't even theirs.

So I played it once or so, and then promptly forgot about it, moving on to continue my work.

I admit I'm ashamed to think that it never even crossed my mind to release it at that time. I think a part of my reticence came from how fresh it was; I hadn't made much past that point, and I've jealously guarded my ideas (basically my only 'skill'), so releasing it didn't make sense. Also Wc3C.net had become a ghost town, and I'd never really planned on uploading to the Hive. Also, there was this crazy equine fandom phenomenon sweeping the internet, and I just had to be a part of it...

Fast forward another, eh, ~5 years (give or take). I've gotten married, I've had some kids, I'm working multiple jobs to make ends meet, and I'm still (kinda) plugging away at the Trolls, but it's hard. Harder than ever before. Progress is slow & people have been wondering for years "is this guy ever gonna actually finish?" Heck, I wondered that.

Somehow I'm reminded of "Jungle Troll Fever" & think "HOL' ON... this might just be the ticket." I realized that it's totally self-packaged & self-playable (no custom MPQ like I was using, all the resources are imported); it's far enough away from where I currently am with the Trolls that I don't mind releasing it (see below); it's not the Jungle Trolls but it is like a "playable Alpha version", which would allow me to "release" something meaningful, with the promise of a big update someday... It just seemed ideal.

Of course, even after deciding this, Kyrbi0 will be Kyrbi0... I have literally sat on releasing this thing for the last 2-4 years (granted two of those years I was basically on Hiatus but still). And I mean "had a whole bunch of Internet tabs bookmarked & open to Do The Thing", for months at a time. It took so long, we got the new patches (one of which gave me native JassHelper, meaning I could finally open, modify & save the map without issues!)... then we got Reforged (which broke a lot of compatibility with old stuff like mine)... and here we are now.

Yeah, it's a bit late. But hey, better late than never! (right? right??).

And with alllllll that being said, I also have some fun Teasers for you guys. : )

===TEASER TEIM===

So I mentioned how much has changed (which ultimately left me feeling comfortable enough to upload Jungle Troll Fever). I'm not just talking about cool custom models & such (some of which you can see below), but I've honestly made pretty drastic changes to over 75% of the faction from the playable Alpha. I mean seriously, it's only barely recognizable, and that's exciting to me. Plus I've got custom music, a custom UI & cursor, plans for soundsets (don't quote me on that; soundsets are hard). And more to come.

I absolutely refuse to promise an End Date (even though, looking at my custom 'faction tracker' I'm probably 85% of the way finished), because, well... Just look at what I'm doing now. xD

But I am, as always, determined to try & finish this whole thing. I look forward to the day I can grace ya'll with the amazing Jungle Trolls, fully realized as I have envisioned them.

Enjoy!

Name:	_TEASER - Base & Stuff.PNG
Views:	6
ID:	51268 Click image for larger version

Name:	Showme (Hive BG) (2).JPG
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	51269 Click image for larger version

Name:	Showme (Hive BG) (3).JPG
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	51270

Name:	Showme (Hive BG) (4).JPG
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	51271 Click image for larger version

Name:	Showme (Hive BG).JPG
Views:	5
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	51272 Click image for larger version

Name:	Showme5 (Hive BG).png
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	51275

Name:	Showme (Hive BG)_JungleTroll_Ritualist2.JPG
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	51274 Click image for larger version

Name:	Showme2 (Hive BG) (2).JPG
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	51273
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote