wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Skinning / Texturing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 07:01 AM   #346
Pheonix-IV
I want you inside me...

Submissions (17)

Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)

His face isn't redwood anymore? I liked that hue.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:06 AM   #347
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

The darker brown wood suits the overall composition a lot better.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:11 AM   #348
Pheonix-IV
I want you inside me...

Submissions (17)

Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)

Doesn't stop me liking the redwood hue. You'll have to lighten the wood up anyway, it doesn't fit in with Warcraft.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:11 PM   #349
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

It will be Lit, just in a lightly diffrent hue. For the total composition, the less saturated hue is the better pick, i am convinced of that. It will also allow more focus on the purple glowing of the eyes, wich i will make more intense.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:37 PM   #350
wij
"Wijonardo"

Submissions (7)

wij has a spectacular aura about (80)wij has a spectacular aura about (80)wij has a spectacular aura about (80)

Erw that looks awesome with the detail you put into it. Honestly though, this doesnt seem like your usual work/effort. Not sure why but idk its just not screaming erwtenpeller. Its very good no doubt but just saying.

Kinda off topic but i tried submitting the Celestial mystic as a resource in textures and it said i didnt have privledges? I read the guidlines thing and i didnt see anything about it so im curious as to what i have to do in order to submit the resource. Sorry if im an idiot and i missed something obvious.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:46 PM   #351
olofmoleman
Baron Grunwald is.

Texturing Moderator

Submissions (106)

olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)

Approved Map: Jurassic ExplorationSmiley contest 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.Skinning Competetion #4 - FallenSkinning Competetion #4 - Atoned

Maybe you tried to submit your skin directly in to the texture resources instead of the "submit your resource"

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite
My Wc3c Resources

I'm not doing requests, don't pm me about it

~The Arch-enemy of Mc!~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rao Dao Zao
Olof always speaks true.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:58 PM   #352
wij
"Wijonardo"

Submissions (7)

wij has a spectacular aura about (80)wij has a spectacular aura about (80)wij has a spectacular aura about (80)

Wow im an idiot....

Thanks though.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:06 PM   #353
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wij
Erw that looks awesome with the detail you put into it. Honestly though, this doesnt seem like your usual work/effort.
Thank kind of hurts. I dont think i have ever spent this much time and effort on one skin :/
Old 10-31-2006, 10:12 PM   #354
wij
"Wijonardo"

Submissions (7)

I dont mean to offend you in any way, but i know i usually look at your skins and say "Wow thats really good work". This one to me just says "Thats neat". Like i said its very good and well done it just doesnt seem to have that Flare that screams erw.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:13 PM   #355
Turkey_Slayer
User

Turkey_Slayer is on a distinguished road (10)

Send a message via AIM to Turkey_Slayer

I don't like it as much as most of your other skins either, but that doesn't mean I don't love you.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:15 PM   #356
olofmoleman
Baron Grunwald is.

Texturing Moderator

Submissions (106)

olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)

Approved Map: Jurassic ExplorationSmiley contest 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.Skinning Competetion #4 - FallenSkinning Competetion #4 - Atoned

I too, don't like it as much as other skins by you, it looks kinda bland.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite
My Wc3c Resources

I'm not doing requests, don't pm me about it

~The Arch-enemy of Mc!~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rao Dao Zao
Olof always speaks true.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:25 PM   #357
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

well, does any of you have any usefull suggestions on how to make it better, then?
Old 10-31-2006, 10:25 PM   #358
THE_END
THE_Legion General

Project Member: PoC

Submissions (17)

THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)

Hero Contest #3 - 3rd PlaceSkinning Contest 10 ~ Druid of the talon

Send a message via AIM to THE_END Send a message via MSN to THE_END

Nah Erwt is just changing his style a bit more because he wants this one to be somewhat plain, making it look good in game, while alotta his skins you can only see the finest of the details in the BLP or in screenshots...

Just my opinion

Last edited by THE_END : 10-31-2006 at 10:26 PM.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:28 PM   #359
Murloc Lover
Now with more slime

Murloc Lover will become famous soon enough (58)Murloc Lover will become famous soon enough (58)

Send a message via MSN to Murloc Lover

i think it is quite possibley the best work i have seen from you in a long, long time erwt. It's detailed, without losing any simplicity and look good as a whole. The palette is fantastic and the skin is overall, win.

I think compared to stuff like Maka and sol'ta, this is EASILY on par, if not better than those. I don't know if these people have actually been comparing these skins, but this reeks with as much erwtiness as any of his other previous works. The fact is, people have such an enourmous expectation, that their mental image of your standard quality is higher than reality. This comes into effect now after you've had a break from skinning because people expect the great things, wheras when maka was first released it had the shock factor. without the shock factor, a skin can lose it's impact, but if you show this skin alongside erwt's other skins to someone who is not familiar with his works i doubt you will see many people saying that this is significantly worse.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:29 PM   #360
wij
"Wijonardo"

Submissions (7)

Thats not what im thinking at all. As a skinner i appreciate his work if not more then anyone else. What i was trying to say was that it just didnt seem like erwts style. I remember seeing Reef dweller and saying holy damn thats awesome. I remember seeing Thebis ra' and saying wow thats awesome. I remember seeing the Arab guy and saying wow. I can go on for awhile. This skin is a very well made skin. It is shaded perfectly to the style of wc3 and it looks excellent in game. (Atleast when he brightens it a bit.) All i was saying was this for some reason didnt have that effect on me as the others did. It just lacked what i said earlier. That feeling of "Thats erw". Please dont take this as im trying to expect something thats not going to happen. I know how erw skins i studied his skins while making my own to improve mine. Hes 50% of the reason i got better at skinning. I wish i could give suggestions but like i said, it lacks something i cant quite put into words.

If its any help its much better then the old astro.

Last edited by wij : 10-31-2006 at 11:31 PM.
Closed Thread