wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Skinning / Texturing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 06:22 PM   #331
Tiki
Transform and roll out!

Respected User

Submissions (11)

Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)

AI tournament - 3rd place

Use small brushes and opacity.

www.sc2armory.com - Join our forums and community.
Latest and most up to date information about starcraft II.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 10-30-2006, 08:37 PM   #332
Denu
Cackle Cackle!

Submissions (14)

Denu has a spectacular aura about (99)Denu has a spectacular aura about (99)Denu has a spectacular aura about (99)Denu has a spectacular aura about (99)

Send a message via MSN to Denu

Quote:
To Denu: I like the previous shoulders better, but with this breastplate you could create an awesome classic spanish atmosphere.
That would be cool. Although it wouldnt work for this skin. I just cant get the armor how I want it. I am looking for a sort of bronzelike kinda gold feeling armor (I want something to go with the red of the skin which is mostly what you will see ingame).
Old 10-30-2006, 09:07 PM   #333
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

What you see in game are the shoulders cloack and hair, not much more really. As long as those three colors are cooperating nicely, you'll be fine.

How i get my texture so defined? paint it by hand. I dont use any "tricks". Just 50% opicity brushes and the eraser tool.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:16 PM   #334
Denu
Cackle Cackle!

Submissions (14)

Denu has a spectacular aura about (99)Denu has a spectacular aura about (99)Denu has a spectacular aura about (99)Denu has a spectacular aura about (99)

Ya I know thats why I am trying to figure out what color would work with the red. I think a bronze would work. I tried out silverish but didnt like how it turned out. I am having difficulty with the shoulders. They are really weird shaped.

Last edited by Denu : 10-30-2006 at 09:17 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:18 PM   #335
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

So far i liked the leather best to be honest, the ones with the runes. They looked quality.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:21 PM   #336
Denu
Cackle Cackle!

Submissions (14)

Well it was just cause I had runes I think. Once I figure out the colors I will work in runes and more detail. Also it was leather by acident :D was trying to make a metal lol.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:22 PM   #337
unwirklich
insubstantial

Submissions (24)

unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)

Skinning Contest 9 ~ BeastmasterSkinning Contest 8 ~ Blood Mage

@erwt: do you draw with mechanical pencil or mouse?
Originally Posted by Unwirklich
do you have any idea how much efford it is to make an interface? i dont just think them into existence in two or five minutes...
but thanks for the positive feedback anyways^^
Old 10-30-2006, 09:35 PM   #338
Muoteck
Happy Druid

Respected User

Submissions (6)

Muoteck is a jewel in the rough (160)Muoteck is a jewel in the rough (160)

Troll Anatomy

Tablet. He doesn't have my 1337 mouse skills.

Last edited by Muoteck : 10-30-2006 at 09:36 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:41 PM   #339
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

I can not imagine ever drawing with the mouse ever again. I never could really, i did some half-decent coloring when i didnt have a tablet yet.

Once you go tablet, you never go back. Mouse is a silly inferior tool not meant for art making. It also like, hurts your hand.

EDIT: and to say something extra about Tiki's remark about using small brushes: lies. Use the biggest brush you can but still obtain detail. It'll make colors smoother.
Especially when using a mouse: (in Photoshop)
Use the "Alt" key while using thr brush tool to swap to eyedropper. Crucial for color blending.
Alternate your brush size constantly with hotkeys. Wich are either "[" and "]" or "<" and ">", depends on photoshops language settings.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:42 PM   #340
unwirklich
insubstantial

Submissions (24)

unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)

Skinning Contest 9 ~ BeastmasterSkinning Contest 8 ~ Blood Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muoteck
Tablet. He doesn't have my 1337 mouse skills.
you draw with mouse? me too. if it is not off topic: whats about the others?

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by erwtenpeller
Once you go tablet, you never go back. Mouse is a silly inferior tool not meant for art making. It also like, hurts your hand.
i have a tablet. maybe it is not a good one... but i dont like it. your mouse hurts your hand? hrm... desnt happen to me since now. but thx for the info.
Originally Posted by Unwirklich
do you have any idea how much efford it is to make an interface? i dont just think them into existence in two or five minutes...
but thanks for the positive feedback anyways^^

Last edited by unwirklich : 10-30-2006 at 09:45 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:15 PM   #341
Denu
Cackle Cackle!

Submissions (14)

Did the cloak. I was going for simple but I am not sure if it is too simple. Should I make it a bit more complicated, like add runes and whatnot? I am going to make the armor intricate and have runes so I think the cloaks lack of runes and everything will compliment the armor more.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AA.jpg (113.0 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg ArchmageoftheCrimsonOrder.JPG (537.4 KB, 65 views)

Last edited by Denu : 10-30-2006 at 10:17 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:24 PM   #342
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

Folds is what it needs. Something that makes it look like fabric.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:27 PM   #343
Denu
Cackle Cackle!

Submissions (14)

I will add some folds but I dont want them to be very pronounced cause the cloak just wraps weird and I dont wanna mess with it too much.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:27 PM
Denu
This message has been deleted by Denu.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:38 PM   #344
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

Last WIP of the day. All i need to do now is compare in-game images and finetune the "settings" untill it blends in as good as possible.

Zoom (requires log in)

Attatched is also the first in-game footage, brought to you by Chriz..

As you can see, i keep forgetting how goddamn bright blizzards skins are. I'll need to lighten up the colors and heighten the contrast.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pwned.jpg (207.2 KB, 164 views)
File Type: jpg IGReference.jpg (412.5 KB, 97 views)
Old 10-30-2006, 11:44 PM   #345
THE_END
THE_Legion General

Project Member: PoC

Submissions (17)

THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)

Hero Contest #3 - 3rd PlaceSkinning Contest 10 ~ Druid of the talon

Send a message via AIM to THE_END Send a message via MSN to THE_END

Ahhh nice, he looking ownage