wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Tutorials > General Mapping Tutorials
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 06-06-2006, 12:55 PM   #31
BertTheJasser
xyzi - our universe

Submissions (2)

BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)

2 unknown orders (I guess).
851874 //I guess this a flee order, but do not take that for granted
851991 //EDIT:seems to be a partially order of patrol(851990), " " " " " " "
Special thanks to Vexorian who helped me learn jass, the real jass and always helped me when problems occured, I would call him somehow my mentor. Pipedream, who made amazing Grimoire and helped me acclerating my map (currently at 99% finished, no developement atm).

Vote for Linux Ports in general of Blizzard products: http://www.PetitionOnline.com/ibpfl/

Last edited by BertTheJasser : 06-20-2006 at 01:39 PM.
BertTheJasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 06-07-2006, 05:55 AM   #32
Pheonix-IV
I want you inside me...

Submissions (17)

Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)

Raise Dead, Carrion Beetles ect have 2 values:

Area of Effect and Cast Range.

Area of Effect is the area in which the unit will look for a nearby corpse, Cast range is the actual range of the spell itself.

For example:

Raise Dead with 800 AoE and 400 range will, when clicked, look for a corpse within 800 AoE and in visual sight and then order the caster to use Raise Dead on that corpse. Unsurprisingly, setting the AoE smaller than the Range has little effect, as the spell can now be cast at the new range, but it can't find a corpse to cast the spell on
Old 06-22-2006, 11:08 AM   #33
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Doesn't Wind Walk also not interrupt orders when used? should be added to the list along with immolation&co.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:51 AM   #34
Pheonix-IV
I want you inside me...

Submissions (17)

Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)

He's right. You can't turn WW off though unless you alter that in the GC's.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:54 AM   #35
Thalassicus
User

Thalassicus has little to show at this moment (0)

Is there any ability that increases damage by a percentage? I used the Elune's Grace ability in an old map of mine, and could swear that I remember finding through testing that it increases base damage (as opposed to any modifier). It doesn't seem to be doing that any more though, and I've been looking around for another ability to do the same.

It seems Demolish would do that, but would it display properly in the UI? It looks like nothing more than crit strike without the floating text.
Thalassicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 08:18 AM   #36
Pheonix-IV
I want you inside me...

Submissions (17)

Thats exactly what Demolish is.

A modified Command Aura will work, but it doesn't stack.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:19 AM   #37
Lordbevan
User

Lordbevan has little to show at this moment (0)

U can make command aura stack if u put a custom buff.
Lordbevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:44 AM   #38
Pheonix-IV
I want you inside me...

Submissions (17)

Yeah, but you need a custom buff for every different instance of the aura.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:27 AM   #39
shadow_bh
User

shadow_bh has little to show at this moment (0)

Default Another way to hide buffs

"Hiding Buff Icons: Unfortunately getting rid of default buffs is not possible for many spells. Making the buff field of spells empty will usually only add the default buff of the spell. Also setting the icon to black and the tooltip to a space will not completely remove the buff, you still get an empty tooltip window popping up. The only way to sort of get rid of them is using a buff that doesn't stack and that is already on every unit. Then casting the spell on a unit wouldn't add any noticeable buff icon to the command card of the target because it already had that buff. Yes, it's a pretty lame trick but the only way I know."

import a alpha channeled icon and but it as the icon, that way its invisible, you could also add it to the GUI, making a completely invisible tooltip, but effecting every other tooltip.
shadow_bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 01:23 PM   #40
BertTheJasser
xyzi - our universe

Submissions (2)

BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)

I guess, there will still be a space where no buff icon is?
Special thanks to Vexorian who helped me learn jass, the real jass and always helped me when problems occured, I would call him somehow my mentor. Pipedream, who made amazing Grimoire and helped me acclerating my map (currently at 99% finished, no developement atm).

Vote for Linux Ports in general of Blizzard products: http://www.PetitionOnline.com/ibpfl/
Old 07-07-2006, 05:02 AM   #41
Pheonix-IV
I want you inside me...

Submissions (17)

No, because a unit can only have 1 buff of each type at a time on it, the buff 'wont show' because they'll overlap. Some spells will still have their effect despite this.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:19 PM   #42
BertTheJasser
xyzi - our universe

Submissions (2)

I mean when you use a alpha texture as icon.

Old 07-19-2006, 12:24 AM   #43
Pheonix-IV
I want you inside me...

Submissions (17)

In that case yes, there will be an empty space where the buff should be. And if you move your mouse over the space you'll get the buff's tooltip.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:25 AM   #44
Daelin
Kelani Mage

Submissions (48)

Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)

Hero Contest - First place

Ok, I tried to simulate a stun and here is what I noticed, after playing around with the order which disables everything (851973)

1. Compared to stun which practically disables all current orders, it has the green border in the control menu around stop.
2. It acts just like a stop. So it is just a hold position without having the unit stay in-guard (a.k.a attack other units).
3. You will have to use a timer and continuously give this order to an unit if you want it to work as a stun. If the timer is not set to 0.015 (not higher, I tried 0.016), it can be abused by repeated clicking, resulting in either slow change of facing angle or slight movement. It is noticeable only when abused by many many clicks. At 0.015 it works perfectly so a lower value is not required.
4. From 2 and 3, results that if it acts like a stop (or hold position) and it must be repeteadly, it will erase unit's current order, which would normally continue its execution (if it was not a channeling ability) after the stun ends. HOWEVER, this cannot happen, because even if you detect the current order, you cannot detect its position or target, unless you store the data of the last order of each unit to the unit, thing that consumes a LOT of memory.

I would still stick to the original stuff, but this can prove useful in some cases.

Btw, great stuff PitzerMike. I did not know the Cargo Hold stuff (never tried). :) Oh yes, another tip I would add to this guide would be the tiny farm and spellbook combo, with which Advanced Buildings can be created.

~Daelin

Last edited by Daelin : 07-19-2006 at 07:29 AM.
Daelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 07:57 AM   #45
Pheonix-IV
I want you inside me...

Submissions (17)

For custom stuns, you're better off using an indefinite stun and removing the buff when you want it to wear off, trying to simulate a stun when you can just use the real thing with such little fuss seems to be a waste of time, and as you pointed out, you'll lose the orders for the unit, so it won't be a proper stun.

Undoubtedly a stun which removes orders could be used by somone, but i doubt the usage needs to be so complecated.

Last edited by Pheonix-IV : 07-19-2006 at 07:57 AM.
Pheonix-IV is offline   Reply With Quote