wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Stories / Writing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Do you RP?
Yeah, all the time... 12 52.17%
No, but i want to. 1 4.35%
No, it's stupid. 5 21.74%
No, I've never tried one... 1 4.35%
I don't care... 4 17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2005, 11:10 AM   #16
BadFurDay

Whatever RP's is in this forum a turd that awaits flushing.
I know tons of other forums where RP's are great (they're in French so I wont link...) but there, people like Xiash sabotage it, and create new ones to sabotage them...

And BTW isn't this a STORY forum?

If j00 is a n00b
J00 hath no b00bs
Go play t3h RP's
You art t3h pee
T3h ultimate crapz0r
Is j00 t3h n00bz0r
Who has no life
And no wife

Die.
Die.
Die.

Die.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-16-2005, 01:50 PM   #17
Taur
#8 in posting (nolifeftw)

Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)

whatever i thought fladian had a good idea, a big RP moderator controlled, by moderators...
Taur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 03:09 PM   #18
RightField
Imperial Cock Stout

Respected User

Submissions (1)

RightField will become famous soon enough (28)

Screw RP. Peroid. Play RPG's multiplayer with each others instead. Or get some geeky real life friends you can play D&D or something with. We don't need this crap over here. Go away.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:48 PM   #19
Fladian
User

Respected User

Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorde
whatever i thought fladian had a good idea, a big RP moderator controlled, by moderators...
Uh... what? I don't even understand what I (apparently) said. =\
Old 05-16-2005, 05:31 PM   #20
Taur

Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fladian
That won't happen, though you may ask for one big RP-thread :P

I used to RP at Pgamers, FFnet (Final Fantasy), HLF and AC (Animechains). FFnet and HLF are gone for quite a while by now, Pgamers made a huge change therefore, I left, and AC was... well... there wasn't much to do there.
I think AC has still one running somewhere in the General Discussion, but I haven't been there for a while.
here's the quote flad, I belive it was your idea :P

I would like to create another RP with a lot more rules, such as no non-story posts, or anything, but I'm not sure if it would get locked, and the present RP is going well mostly coz Xiash is staying out of it :P
Old 05-16-2005, 05:59 PM   #21
Fladian
User

Respected User

Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorde
here's the quote flad, I belive it was your idea :P
I still don't understand it.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:48 PM   #22
Azhag
User

Azhag is on a distinguished road (19)

I joined the RP and quit becuase I didn't like it at all, because people were to annoying in it. So I have to agree with RightField. Though I did vote I don't care. What I acually meant was I don't care for the RP'ing.
~Azhag~
Azhag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 09:35 PM   #23
johnfn
Taur is... MY SISTER!!!

Respected User

Submissions (3)

johnfn has a spectacular aura about (129)

Send a message via AIM to johnfn

Quote:
I would like to create another RP with a lot more rules, such as no non-story posts, or anything, but I'm not sure if it would get locked, and the present RP is going well mostly coz Xiash is staying out of it :P

I like it. A lot.

In fact, I'm thinking of writing out RPing rules such as this.

Code:
 1) No off-topic posts at all. (They WILL be deleted)
 2) People who try to take over/sabotage the RP will be delt with like so:
[list][*]Warning[*]3 Day ban (from the RP thread)[*]Perminent Ban (from the RP thread they were trying to take over)[*]Perminet Ban from the board[/list]3) Only one [b]type[/b] of RP on the forums at one time (eg, the top page). For example, you can have only one battle RP, one humorous RP, and maybe an adventure RP.

They might be a little harsh though, what do you guys think?

Also, decadence, I totally agree with your post.

Taur: btw dun tell anyone but I bribed the wc3c admins with a life supply of packaged peanuts to host UL ^^

Taur | Unsung Legends says:
guess what blade?
Blade.dk says:
JOHN IS YO BRO!

johnfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 09:40 PM   #24
Taur

exactly what i was thinking of, i would like to add more rules too though e.g. keep controlling others to a minimum, and never control others and cause it to have a negative effect on them, never reply for others in conversation, etc etc. about 10-15 more rules, but i luv the punishments, neg rep should be added to :P so it's okay for me to create another, perhaps during the weekend?
Old 05-31-2005, 06:20 AM   #25
Dingo_888

how do i give rep?
Old 06-13-2005, 04:16 AM   #26
mighty death
User

mighty death has little to show at this moment (0)

Dingo: What does that have to do with anything???
mighty death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 11:24 PM   #27
FrostFire5765
User

FrostFire5765 has little to show at this moment (0)

I RP. A lot.

@ people who responded badly - Shut up. We don't care that yuo don't like us to RP. I don't see why you have to go and say why we suck because we do. What is it you're trying to accomplish? It doesn't effect you if you don't read it! So, a word to you fellas,

IF YOU DON'T LIKE RP, DO NOT READ RP!

Thank you.
FrostFire5765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 09:24 AM   #28
BadFurDay

Frostfire, insults will not solve the problem.

The problem, back then, was that there were five or six RP threads, and people kept creating new. This totally spammed the Writer's Corner. Now that there is only 1 RP thread, I just don't care much about the RP's, but, at least, they don't disturb me.

Oh, and yes, did I say you suck because you played RP? All I remember saying is that making 10000 RP threads sucked and that people should stick to one or two. Since this is done, I am happy, did not and won't insult you, and you should behave better if you want to give RP's a better image (mods here, including me, were delegated full power by Dorelian to act on RP's. We choose not to act, but we can still change if we see people becoming aggressive).
Old 06-25-2005, 01:29 PM   #29
Taur

woah.... given full power to act on RP's? May I ask what's so wrong with them, besides this forum is practically dead, the only active posts here is the RP, and did you guys ban Xiash or something? I'm sure glad he's gone now :P

this debate is old, I do wish we had an RP forum, so we could put up things like hints on how to play, player profiles, etc. but I make do with one thread...
Old 06-25-2005, 01:33 PM   #30
BadFurDay

I have nothing particular against RP's, I'm neutral vs them. But if people such as frostfire insult me defending RP's, I may not be neutral anymore.
Since I am neutral, and so is johnfn, we won't act agains RP's, we'll just let them be, and delete the old ones if there are too much. Nothing more.