wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Stories / Writing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Do you RP?
Yeah, all the time... 12 52.17%
No, but i want to. 1 4.35%
No, it's stupid. 5 21.74%
No, I've never tried one... 1 4.35%
I don't care... 4 17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2005, 01:42 PM   #1
Taur
#8 in posting (nolifeftw)

Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)

Anyways, I've been seeing a lot of RP's around here, and joined in most of them, but as decadence said if there were as many RPers as there were RP threads, then we would have an RP subforum by now, so I was wondering do you RP, or want to RP?
Taur is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-15-2005, 03:39 PM   #2
johnfn
Taur is... MY SISTER!!!

Respected User

Submissions (3)

johnfn has a spectacular aura about (129)

Send a message via AIM to johnfn

Depending on how many active RPers there are, we may indeed get an RP subforum. Decadence and I were talking about it, and I suggested making a poll about it but forgot about it with that contest and other things... So I think if there are enough voters for "yes, RPs are cool" and we may very well have an RP subforum.

Taur: btw dun tell anyone but I bribed the wc3c admins with a life supply of packaged peanuts to host UL ^^

Taur | Unsung Legends says:
guess what blade?
Blade.dk says:
JOHN IS YO BRO!

johnfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 04:02 PM   #3
Taur
#8 in posting (nolifeftw)

Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfn
Depending on how many active RPers there are, we may indeed get an RP subforum. Decadence and I were talking about it, and I suggested making a poll about it but forgot about it with that contest and other things... So I think if there are enough voters for "yes, RPs are cool" and we may very well have an RP subforum.
yeah that'd be awesome, anyways 75% of ppl say they do...
Taur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 06:58 PM   #4
BadFurDay

The question is not "do you play RP" but "do you want RP in a subforum". Personnaly, I'd be glad to say "bye bye" to RP's in this forum, but I don't play them.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:13 PM   #5
Fladian
User

Respected User

Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)

I don't play them for one single reason: people don't seem to respect each other the way they used to respect each other. To get the confusement out of the world, I was always happy to play it on multiple forums, though this seems to be the first forum where people don't seem to respect each other as they have to do.
Constantly seeing new RP-threads out here isn't a fun thing either. When I look back at this forum, the only RP-thread that was (very) successful was the RP-thread before the forum became active. I can't remember who were part of it, but NightArcher01 was one of them.

What annoys me the most in the RP-threads out here is the constant whining that seems to appear constantly. I discussed that before with other people as well, who seems to think the same way about it. Most RP-threads look very chaotic, to say it in that way.
Some people start calling others "over-powered" or anything similar, while the other one defends himself with the words, "oh, but he can be defeated with <insert something here> or <insert something here>" what usually comes to the point that no one even thinks about it. Even though there are some people out there who do seem to follow the real rules (not the rules the creator creates) but the amount of them is too little to compare it with those who don't follow those rules.

An RP forum has been discussed before if I remember right and RightField gave a very accurate answer on what it will become. A "spamfest" as he said it, and I still believe that he is completely right. If you look at the RP-threads out here, they are already proving that RightField was partly right, and that only in a thread, not even in a complete forum. It will become more chaotic than it is here already, and it will definitely be uncontrollable.

On a last note; you forgot an option, Darkhorde. An option like "yes, sometimes" or "yes, some", depending on what you are basing it off. If it are the threads here in this forum, then, "yes, some", but if you base it off general RPing (not necessarily on forums) then "yes, sometimes".
Old 05-15-2005, 07:18 PM   #6
RightField
Imperial Cock Stout

Respected User

Submissions (1)

RightField will become famous soon enough (28)

Let me elaborate what Fladian said a bit futher:

Fuck RP. It's gay.

There is a reason we have things like GAMES on a computer. Go waste your time on UT2k4, Guild Wars or something lame like that, instead of wasting wc3c's bandwith on shit.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:23 PM   #7
BadFurDay

First time of my life I agree with Rightfield. Wierd.
Old 05-15-2005, 11:30 PM   #8
JetPack
User

JetPack has little to show at this moment (1)

Send a message via ICQ to JetPack Send a message via AIM to JetPack Send a message via MSN to JetPack Send a message via Yahoo to JetPack

I do Roleplay but I certainly will never do it here, or anywhere online for that matter. After seeing the constant whining in these ropeplaying threads, I can only imagine that the whining would only intesify in it's own forum/subforum.
JetPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 12:01 AM   #9
xiash
User

xiash has little to show at this moment (0)

I think Rp's aren't the problem, but the Rpers are, everybody whines. Darkhorde and Pyrus whine if anybody does character control at any level.
xiash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 12:36 AM   #10
NightArcher01
User

NightArcher01 has little to show at this moment (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fladian
When I look back at this forum, the only RP-thread that was (very) successful was the RP-thread before the forum became active. I can't remember who were part of it, but NightArcher01 was one of them.

a guy named Arching_Blades(I think i got his name right) started it, MarcoPolaris was another person on it. The biggest problem i think they started having was that people were leaving, the two mentioned above were controling more than one char.
Yeah, there are problems with the RPers that i did not see in Arching_Blades' RP. Am I causeing any problems in them.
Where are some of the other Forums where there are successful RPs?
NightArcher01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 01:53 AM   #11
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)

Send a message via MSN to Ignitedstar Send a message via Yahoo to Ignitedstar

Yeah... Xiash and NightArcher are correct...

It's not the RP themselves, it's the people who play the RP.
I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."

1 Corinthians 13:1-2

Current Works:
None.
Ignitedstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 07:54 AM   #12
BadFurDay

1 - Xiash: who posts the small 1 line comments that spam all Rp's?

2 - What the hell is this story forum? More people vote for 'do you RP' than for the story contest. Please, any moderator/admin who reads this, create a goddam RP forum so the story forum will be a story forum and not a RP forum.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:17 AM   #13
Fladian
User

Respected User

Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadFurDay
2 - What the hell is this story forum? More people vote for 'do you RP' than for the story contest. Please, any moderator/admin who reads this, create a goddam RP forum so the story forum will be a story forum and not a RP forum.

That won't happen, though you may ask for one big RP-thread :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadFurDay
Where are some of the other Forums where there are successful RPs?
I used to RP at Pgamers, FFnet (Final Fantasy), HLF and AC (Animechains). FFnet and HLF are gone for quite a while by now, Pgamers made a huge change therefore, I left, and AC was... well... there wasn't much to do there.
I think AC has still one running somewhere in the General Discussion, but I haven't been there for a while.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:16 AM   #14
decadence
Miffy Is Eat Your Brain For Brekfast =x

Respected User

decadence has little to show at this moment (4)

No, it's not 75%, it's 7 people. 7 people don't warrant a subforum - heck, they don't even warrant more than one thread. And yet more and more blasted threads pop up again and again, and the same people post the same mediocre cowpat again and again.

I'll discuss this with John later, but I think that what should happen is this - no more than 3 RP threads functioning at any one time, and more than 80% of the posts must be in advancement of the story. If at any one time I decide to drop in and I see all the usual "HAY THIS IS GUNA B KEWL LOL" or "HAY WE NEED LIEK HOT ELF BABES" crap, I flush the thread - no warnings whatsoever. (And if you try to sabotage another RP, I flush you :P) This is the story forum, ffs. Try to focus more on the stories. I don't get what the big deal is about RP anyhow ... before you know it you'll be making cosplay threads.

So remember kids - every time you participate in an RP thread, you're taking a big step towards THIS:

Last edited by decadence : 05-16-2005 at 10:22 AM.
decadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 10:24 AM   #15
Fladian
User

Respected User

Quote:
Originally Posted by decadence
(And if you try to sabotage another RP, I flush you :P)
If you want to "flush" everything, I got a feeling your bathroom is gonna get crowded quite soon :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by decadence
So remember kids - every time you participate in an RP thread, you're taking a big step towards THIS:
You don't happen to have the phone number on the one on the left, do you? (Left in the picture) :P