wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Stories / Writing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 03:40 PM   #16
Arching Blades
User

Arching Blades has little to show at this moment (0)

Still some more RP characters and we may start! Let's go get these members around here!
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-27-2004, 11:26 PM   #17
Karazai
User

Karazai has little to show at this moment (0)

I'd let some of my other personalities join too, but that would just get A)repetitive, and B) confusing; there'd be somewhere around like, 12 'people' all posting under my account!:bgrun:
Old 02-28-2004, 02:17 PM   #18
Arching Blades
User

Wow, you've got many friends. If they don't post continually, well it is not to be considered as spamming. Anyway if they don't create their accounts, there are some ways to differentiate who is posting. One of these is using some identification nicknames like "JJ here!" Anyway creating their own accounts would be so much more easier!
Old 02-28-2004, 02:56 PM   #19
Karazai
User

Quote:
Origionally posted by Karazai
I'd let some of my other personalities join too...

I don't actually have too many real friends, but, since I've been found to have at least 6 (I know I have more) different, identifiable personalities, I'm rever really short on ppl to talk to! Being insane is so much fun, I think everyone should try it! :ggani:
I can still let them join too, but only if you want, and probably not too many of them will participate, but then again, who knows!
Also, I'll probably just use the "Karazai here" differentiation; having about 14 accounts for one person would just take up too much space!
Again, Insanity is Fun!!!!!!!!!:D

Last edited by Karazai : 02-29-2004 at 04:25 AM.
Old 02-29-2004, 11:11 AM   #20
Arching Blades
User

Yeah I'm also on your side! Insanity is fun and it makes you talk nonsense sometimes! I am also like that from time to time. :ggani:

So they will use the "talkie-walkie" method or create their own accounts?
Any participant is welcome if he posts at least a part of the story once every week. If not, we can as well go kill his character. You should also notify if you're going on vacation so we don't kill your character during your holis.
Old 02-29-2004, 07:33 PM   #21
Karazai
User

"Talkie-Walkie" definitely, but, since we need more characters, I'll let them post.

Dreadnaught: This looks like it'll be fun, so I'll put in my 2bits every here and there, and I guess that to do that I ned a character so...
Name: Siroff Bernhardt
Race: Human
Appearance: Siroff Bernhardt is a difficult person to describe. Constantly changing his appearance is what makes him good at his job, but there is one appearance he favors over the others. A warrior's appearance, but not just any warriors appearance. He carries a large sword that looks as if it would be too heavy for any man to lift, and wields it as lightly as if it were a shortsword. He wears virtually no armor, preferring simple clothes in opposition to cumbersome platemail.
Profession and Specialty: Spying, deceiving, theiving, and sneeking. Everyone of them requires a disguise, and no one is better at it than Bernhardt. Acting is the game, money is the name.
Items: Extra-size Two-handed Double-edged sword, disguise kit, bag of gold.
(Really short) bio.: Siroff Bernhardt was once a very successful actor, but when he served in the King's army one year, he got a very large scar on his face. Every performance after that, he wore masks or would hide his face. Eventually, such performances began to lose money, and he lost his job. That is when he started putting his skills to the real test, and made more money than any other professional ever had.
Writing skills: You know, that's a good one.... it's tough to claim whats your writing and what isn't in my situation...:bgrun:

Defiler: Your situation? Your Situation! What about mine! Ah, oh well, guess it can't be helped. Anyways, back to this.... Looks like it'll be bunches of fun, so here I go!

Name: Tir'Aronos
Race: High Elf
Appearance(and bio.): An imposing figure, heading an army of highly-trained and fear driven humans. Tir'Aronos has come to loath Köl'Aronos, who robbed him of the honor of High Command in the wars so long ago. Now he has come with his legions of men to crush the elves that shunned him, and personally destroy the one that started it all.
Profession and Specialty: He drives an army with fear and bloodlust, questing for the destruction of the destruction of his own kind. He is a skilled fighter, and an even more skilled trickster; not a single man has escaped his deception, except for one: Köl'Aronos.
Items: Full suit of spiked heavy-platemail, Bladed bow-and-arrow, quiver of arrows (full), misc. healing potions.
Writing skills: I have an even harder time identifying mine, but rarely, I'll find something that I know is mine, very rarely.

Karazai: Well Defi, that's because you're evil so :P. And now we all have5 ppls! Well, 3 actually, but 5 characters, so that's good enough... and having split personalities makes for about 5 different ppls, so.... ya. And it's not neccissarily nonsense that a crazy person says, in fact, most of the time it's even more well put than what a sane prson would say. Most of my friends, actually are insane (no, I don't mean my othre personalities, I mean ppls that have proved to me they are other ppls.) In fact, even Pherexio is insane, but he doesn't like me to say how, so I'll let him tell you if he feels like it.

Pherexio: In fact don't so :P. Now, in stead of carrying on this conversation here, I suggest that all of *us* submit this reply and get it over with.

Dreadnaught: Ok, I will.
Old 03-01-2004, 03:48 PM   #22
Arching Blades
User

I think we should advance the timeline or change the whole storyline or even we should take the story as from the first time when elves appeared on earth. Well I think its best to begin with Warcraft 3 or change the storyline. Anyway I'll begin:

"Firessa was sneaking in the woods. She had been following an army of humans, marching away from Lordaeron, their capital city. She wondered what more problems had arisen. In the front lines was a human general. What were they doing; where were they going?"

This was just a small introduction that I think will stack to any timeline. Reply to me ... Anyone of you! :D Let the party begin! Yihaa!
Old 03-02-2004, 02:02 AM   #23
Karazai
User

Defiler (I'ma go by Defi from here on, I like it more):
"Tir drove his forces on; the trees had slowed them a little, but they were still hot on the trail. His outriders had been finding signs that Köl had just broke camp, and made a hasty exit of it, but not before killing another outrider..
The humans constantly complained, but Tir had grown used to it; the crack of whips would silence them for another mile or so. If he could keep up this pace, he'd have them soon: Both Köl and that infernal Lieutenant that shunned him. 'Soon,' he told himself, 'very soon...'"

Haha! I win the race! Now to let someone else continue the story...

Karazai:
My turn, My turn!
"'Köl~ why do we have to go o fast? I just got up!' she kept saying this, even though she knew why. 'Because Kar, they're right behind us for the first time in a few months, you can't expect to hide forever, and we need to stay away from them; even I can't keep that many away from you while holding him off.' The usual response... She knew who 'they' were and who 'he' was and why 'they' were after them. She just wished they'd go away; leave her alone. She even sometimes wished that Köl would go away, but she knew she needed him; and what the price on his head would be if she was harmed. Still, this life of running... she could only dream of leaving it behind."

Ok that's my turn for now...

Pherexio:
Hey I'm here too! Gonna step back a few minutes since Karazai's 'introspection.'
"He awoke with a start; the crack of a whip off in the distance told him that they were back. He doused the fire and tried his best to cover the makeshift campsite in a few moments, then he woke Kar... still as lovely as when he had first met her and become her bodyguard... The snapping of a twig brought him back to reality. 'Oh sh*t.' He wheeled around and tossed his dagger at the human's neck: a direct hit. He nudged Karazai to wake her,, and she immediately awoke. 'What is it,' se asked in a sleepy tone, 'I'm still sleeping.' She rolled over as if to go back to sleep, but Köl wouldn't let her. He picked her up by the shoulders and told her to collect her gear and get moving; they had a long day of running ahead of them. She immediately grasped the reality of the situation and darted about, collecting her things. Finally they started to run from the humans who were right on their heels."

Yay! Now we get to wait until Blades moves the story forward a little more, and we can post again! (wouldn't mind some outside input every here and there though...)
Old 03-02-2004, 02:38 PM   #24
Arching Blades
User

Hey I'll still need to know where the timeline is. Or are we starting a whole new storyline.
Well from what I read. The human Firessa saw are persuing you for some reason. Perhaps because you all did an offence to the human race! ^_^

Firessa decided to let her nightelf companions to watch the humans. Herself went forward, to see what they were searching for. Fast as the wind, she soon spotted a group of elves. "Our counter-part! They are High elves! I'll watch them! Within a day or even a few hours, the humans will catch upon them. If these elves are what the humans are searching for, I'll have to choose ... my side," Firessa thought. As if she heard something, Karazai turned in her direction. Firessa quickly lowered her head almost to the ground. Some time later she'll meet her companions. That's for sure.

Let's get this going! It's only beginning to get fun! Yihaa!
Old 03-02-2004, 09:54 PM   #25
Karazai
User

Defi: Well maybe it's a new storyline, maybe it isnt, we'll find out. And yes, I am following them bwahahahahaha!!!! (Oh and in case your wondering why; that gets deep into our characters' histories, and you'll learn about all that through flashbacks, conversations, etc. we won't tell you outright!)

Karazai: Defi didn't update :(... I will then! ^_^
"'hunh? Did I just hear something?' Karazai thought silently to herself. She turned just in time to see what looked like a person drop to the ground, but she wasn't exactly sure, and the army at her heels, as well as Köl's insane pace weren't giving her time to check it out. 'Hurry Kar!' Again she was reminded.... always reminded... about the time when she and Köl were almost caught...

'Tir let loose a roar to freeze a man to the ground, but not Köl. No, Köl kept on fighting even if he was frieghtened or losing, and he was frightened and losing. Karazai was busy fending off multiple human skirmishers, which was no easy task for her; Köl would've dispatched them in mere seconds, but then again, she was not Köl, and he was busy. The fight raged on between the few remaining humans and leader, Tir, and Köl and Karazai for many more minutes. It was eventually stopped when Tir yelped in pain and surprise. Köl had successfuly landed a blow in his gut, and he would've died if reinforcements hadn't arrived for him right then. The elves fled and eventually ended up in a town a little ways north of Lordaeron. After taking supplies for a few months, they went into the woods where they are now, thinking it would get them away from Tir faster...'

When she realised where she was, it had been several hours. Köl was nowhere in sight, and she was in a dark cave. She assumed he would be back soon: his things were still there, and there was a weak fire already lit. Still, she decided she'd keep watch until he returned."

Pherexio: My update again!
"They had been walking for three hours, the army left far behind. Köl couldn't help but feel he was being followed, but every time he turned to look, there was no one in sight except for Kar, and she hadn't said anything since that morning. 'Kar...' he began, but he noticed she wasn't paying attention. 'what is she thinking about now?' he wondered, 'Probably something I shouldn't be concerned with.'
It was around dusk that he decided it was safe to make camp. Karazai still hadn't responded to anything he said, but then again, she often didn't. He found a small cave that was satisfactory. He set about lighting a fire and setting up another small camp. Several minutes later the fire had caught and was at least burning faintly. 'I'll need more wood,' he concluded, 'and maybe some fish... haven't had fish in a long time...' So he left the cave in search of dry wood and some fish.
By then it was full dark, and his meager fire spellball wasn't helping much. The feeling of being watched had returned, but now he didn't mind it; it made him feel as if he were less alone. Besides, he still had fish to catch, and only an hour or so to catch them in and get back. He still hated leaving Kar alone, but, 'I had to this time,' he told himself, as if it made it any better."

Ok, someone else's turn! ;)
Old 03-03-2004, 03:50 PM   #26
Arching Blades
User

Karazai, where is dreadnaught? He did even post the location of his human character. So Tir is persuing Kol and Kar then. Okay I'll join in the battle when the human party fights the elven party.

Firessa has been watching a male elf searching for dry wood for some minutes now. She decided to keep an eye on the other elf. While she was slowly making her way to the nearby cave where the female elf was left. The latter had been dreaming all day while walking. Out of the shadows, an archer appeared.
"What are the news?"
"The humans are fast approaching, the elves won't be able to run much longer."
"Okay! Return and watch those humans. Something will be happening. I sense it."
The archer obeyed and went away. Firessa didn't know what to do. She crept into the cave and melded in the shadows. She couldn't stop thinking about the choice she'll have to make. She didn't want anybody to die. But whatever choice she takes and wherever she goes, death will always be there and taking away lives. Then she heard the male elf come closer. She got out of the cave and hid behind a bush. She knew she'll not be safe in the cave without cover.
Old 03-03-2004, 10:18 PM   #27
Karazai
User

Dreadnaught: Well that's because I just haven't had him show up yet so :P.

Defi: Indeed, now on with the story! I wanna catch up!
"'Move! Move!' Was the constant command through evil cackalling, 'We are almost upon them!' He wasn't too far from the truth. In fact, Tir's forces were about a ten minute's march from the cave. The whips came cracking down on the slow, and the trampled simply lie there, lifeless. Simple marching had killed off more than a quarter of his forces over the last 2 months, but that still wouldn't slow his pace. Mad with the thought of final revenge, Tir simply barked his inane orders and whipped mercillessly, never once thinking 'these are people like myself...' always 'pawns in my mighty chessgame. My army of pawns...'
The outriders had returned. 'Lord Tir, we--' he was cut short, literally; a swordblade has sliced him clean in half from behind. The sword belong to Tir's chief advisor, Korell Helisius. 'You answer to me, not him!' he said, motioning toward Tir. The next outrider was more cautios around the chief officers. After delivering his report to Helisius, Helisius had to deliver it to Tir (a favorite thing of his). 'Lord Tir, we have just been informed that a small cave they were using for shelter has just been surrounded, and they are inside. Orders?'
'Take the runts to get more supplies; leave me the twenty most elite of my footmen. That is all I will need. Drachnorr needs reinforcements, after gathering your supplies, go help him. Am I clear?'
'Yessir Lord Tir, I shall do as you command.' He knew Tir would need more than that, but he also knew not to question him. He also didn't really know where Lieutenant General Drachnorr was exactly, but he also knew someone that did. As he got through with separating out the specified group of swordsmen, he set about his orders and was on his way.
Tir and his elites were scant thirty feet from the mouth of the cave, and he was excpeting a victory. He noticed the faint firelight coming from inside the cave, and decided he would extinguish that flame along with Köl'Aronos' life."

Pherexio: Dreadnaught'll show up soon enough. Anyways, it's my turn now, so~

"Just as he finished collecting the wood and fish, Köl heard a sound in the distance that made him jump. The whips were cracking fast, and that could only mean that Tir hadn't stopped like he thought, but had driven them on in silence. 'I knew I should've checked it out first. D@mn... I'll have to go quickly.' He was in the cave within two minutes; Kar was finally out of her daydream and looked satisfied he was back, and terrified that she knew they couldn't get away in time. They exchanged a single glance and knew what had to be done.
Köl dropped the fish in one corner and lined up the wood just inside the mouth of the cave. At the same time, Karazai was quickly staking rocks in a makeshift wall-type structure. The wouldn't be very strong, and would be knocked over very easily, but then again, it wasn't meant to be a guard against axes and arrows..
After making sure their implements were satisfactory, they took up their positions, just as Tir surrounded the cave."

Karazai: Yehoo! I get to write, and not have to proofread, edit, censor (Ok, so a lo- a little, a little), and then let someone else repeat the process! This is so~ much fun!

"Kar was just staring off into nothing when something caught her eye: it looked like the thing she had seen earlier, but she couldn't quite tell. She was just about to go check it out when she heard them: the whips. Cracking at a mad pace, the whips got louder and louder, and then suddenly stopped, just as Köl came running into the cave. They exchanged a look, and she saw fear on his face, but not fear for himself, it was never for him. The fear was obviously evident on her face as well, so they set about their quick work. She collected the flat stones that were scattered about on the cave floor, while he dropped his supplies in a corner, and then at the cave mouth. 'Fish,' she thought, 'too bad, he spent at least an hour gathering all of those, now we won't be able to eat them...'
They quickly finished their preparations and got into their positions, Kar behind her makeshift wall, pressed to the ground, and Köl precariously clinging to a stalactite on the roof of the cave 14 feet above her head. The humans were evidently at the cave's mouth, and hadn't noticed either her or Köl yet. She couldn't tell how many there were, but on the far wall she noticed that one of the shadows was about a full head shorter than the others: Tir."

Ok blades, that makes it your turn!
Old 03-04-2004, 03:18 PM   #28
Arching Blades
User

Hey, who is attacking Kol and Kar. If it is really Tir what will we do? Civil war? :D Also at the beginning I said that a man was at the head. We'll just have to change that and make Tir escape I guess. Or we could do something else. For example instead of changing the previous texts we could say that Tir made himself resemble a man as much as possible. In short words, Tir resembled a human. And if Tir is to remain alive, let's make him beg and make him turn on our side but with him still being rebellious! :D Or yet something else, Dreadnaught comes and gets the elf out of there!

The humans had already surrounded the cave for a minute now. Firessa had been joined by her archers; eight in all. She waited until they charged into the cave which happened some time later. Even before they arrived at the entrance of the cave, a fiery arrow seared before their eyes.
“Who dares interrupt our attack?� A head shorter than others, a man shouted.
“This one must be the leader then! Quite strange! Most leaders are not shorter than their troops, at least not like that,� thought Firessa. Then she and her companions jumped out of their outpost. Majestically, Firessa shouted back, “We Dare! Twenty-one men versus two elves! Aren't you ashamed of needing twenty men to finish them off? Well, anyway that should even the numbers!�
A volley of arrows struck eight men down.
The small general was enraged, “You shall pay for that!�
“I'll make it my problem!� Firessa started to step down from the high ground on which she was.
“No! Tir will be mine!� The elves exited the cave.
“Okay! Now I think I understand the purpose of these fights. The general and the male elf have something old, very old, to fix,� Firessa thought, stopping on her tracks. She unsheathed her golden inscribed katana and stood ready. Her archers remained safely behind her.
“CHARGE! CHARGE ON THEM, MY WARRIORS!� the general shouted.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:24 PM   #29
Karazai
User

Defi: Well that can be easily explained; your achers prolly thought it was Helisius who headed the army, he is definitely the general-looking type. As for begging, Tir wouldn't let himself grovel and beg, he'd be way~ too pissed at himself. Anyways:
"'We have you now Köl! There is no escaping me this time!' Tir shouted into the cave.
'Oh but there is! You really don't learn from your mistakes do you...'
At that very moment a flaming arrow flew past Tir, just missing his head.
'Who dares interrupt our attack?' Tir said, wheeling around to face the archers.
The elves gave their reply and Tir was only further enraged as eight of his elites were left to writhe on the fallen leaves at his feet. Köl exited the cave, shouting back at the intruding archers.
'No! Tir will be mine!'
Tir bellowed with laughter, still confident that he could take on all of the elves that were beset about him. 'You elves have gotten yourselves into a very bad place, and you will not live to see your way out! Charge men! CHARGE!'"

Karazai: Well then, that leaves me to start the fight then...
"A new group of elves had shown up; Kar had peeked over her low-built "wall" in time to see eight of Tir's footmen fall to the ground in pain. 'Great, more people have gotten involved... that can only mean we'll have to be more careful.' She glanced up at Köl and mouthed what was going on because he couldn't see what was going on outside the cave; The flaming arrow that nearly killed him was at least some clue though.
He dropped from his perch as Kar got up off the ground and drew her blade. Köl was poised for jabbing out teh innards of some unlucky human -or Tir -as they exited the cave.
'No! Tir will be mine!' He shouted over the other voices; Kar knew that she was going to have to occupy as many of the footmen as possible while Köl battled Tir. She was also going to have to get those other elves out of there if it came down to it.
'Charge my men! CHARGE!' was Kar's only warning to the battle's beginning. Four of the footmen nearest her charged at Kar; the others charged against the archers. Tir however, charged on Köl and their weapons clashed with amazing speed and accuracy, and no matter how many times she saw him fight, Kar was still in awe at Köl's skill. 'I suppose that's why he got High Command...' she thought as she perried and feinted. She got hit several times, but nothing that would leave a wound or bother her much later.
Sometime later the battle was over...'

Pherexio: Ok, and I'll get right to how the battle went and ended :>
"The archers who had just joined the fight fought with much skill, even as the eight footmen got within sword range. Kar was faring well; she had imporved much from her last fight. Tir, however had not done much on his battle skills; it still was anyone's battle however.
Tir was perrying nearly all of his attacks, but Köl still outsped him. Tir's defense was impressive, but his offense lacked the power that Köl's did.
Karazai had apparently finished beating the footmen she was dealing with into the ground, as she was helping the other elves dispatch the last of the footmen, even thought they needed no aid. Their commander seemed very skilled, to say the least.
'Köl I'm going to kill you... now!'
Köl knew exactly what that would mean, and he gave a wild signl to Kar, who then began to try and break Tir's concentration.
'We must distract him, but not kill him, that would be catastrophic to this forest!' She yelled at the other elves. She and the elves then began to hurl stones at Tir, but he kept on his chanting during his fight.
'His defense is better than impressive,' Köl worried, 'it's impervious!'
Tir howled with evil laughter as he finished his spell, 'You cannot stop me now!' Tir doubled in size with a terrible battle cry. Now standing about ten feet high, Tir began to slash down at Köl with an amazing new speed. Köl's spear was no longer affecting the now giant-sized Tir, and he knew there was only one thing left to do; Kar knew too.
'You elves, leave this place, there is going to be a very, very big magical flux here, very, very soon!'
It was all that Köl offered to the elves as precaution, but Kar's face gave them more detail. It was clear, she knew what Köl meant, and, that he might not come back to her afterward.
'You heard him! Let's go!'"
Old 03-06-2004, 08:22 PM   #30
Arching Blades
User

Okay then.

"Archers! Dismiss!" Firessa said. Her warriors went away into the shadow but Firessa didn't go.
"Go away, you fool!" Kar shouted at her.
"No! If a destructive spell is used here, the forest will die! And I cannot let this happen!"
Firessa charged at the gigantic general. She slashed with such speed and power that her magical sword took fire. The fire damage it was dealing did Tir great pain. He tried to pound Firessa many times but failed.
"You must not kill him! It would unleash an even bigger destruction onto the forest."
"I am not going to kill him! Just injure him enough for the spell he cast on himself dissipates."
Approving the idea, the elven warriors soon joined the fight, seeing her in a fiery rage. Firessa always protected the forest, even at the cost of her life, that she didn't let go easily.
"Stop that! Stop that!" Tir bellowed. He frenzied about uncontrollably.
"His energy is near exhaustion. A few more slashes and he'll be done!" Firessa slashed with frenzy too by now.
Closed Thread