wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > General Development
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 04:58 PM   #331
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

I've still only gotten one entry in thus far and apparently the deadline is tonight. Am I to expect any others..?
Old 12-17-2009, 06:08 PM   #332
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

The deadline is tonight?
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Old 12-17-2009, 06:16 PM   #333
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

According to the first post and the extension post, yeah. I really don't want a contest with only 2 entries, though. I'm really kinda disappointed in everything. >.<

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 12-17-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:43 PM   #334
Alevice
It feels good

Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)

Just when I felt bad about the race contest. I balme the season, that everyone is too old now and free time and dedication are a rarity. :(

Alevice.jones is SC2 Beta, losers.

Check out my never updated deviantart gallery!!

Kalimdor Raiders (Race Contest #1) Pastebin Page
Cavern Crawlers (Race Contest #2) Pastebin Page
Airship Race Motherfuckers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://ajaxian.com/archives/would-you-like-a-_-with-that-new-library-gives-js-what-it-should-have#comment-276203
- Dont solve problems that dont exist.
- Improve the wheel, dont reinvent it.
- Port the wheel if it doesnt exist in your environment.
- Integrate the wheel into your project.
- Make sure you can replace your wooden wheel for a rubber one if someone else invents it.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:41 PM   #335
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

I blame Alevice.

Even if there is a extension, how many teams at most will we have? 4?
Faster != more useful
Old 12-17-2009, 10:47 PM   #336
SanKakU
User

SanKakU has a little shameless behaviour in the past (-2)

Send a message via AIM to SanKakU Send a message via MSN to SanKakU Send a message via Yahoo to SanKakU

I don't really understand this forum...where are all the hero submissions for all the hero contests? I can't find a single attachment file anywhere. If you're just putting them in the pastebin and submitting them to the thread creator, that's fine...but what? Do I have to ask everyone by pm to pastebin their stuff or email it to me or link it to me or something? Because i have seen zero submissions... I don't really want to pm everyone in a thread asking for their submission that doesn't seem like a smart idea some people in the thread might not have done anything and others might have made a submission but not posted...

And by the way...about the contest only having two submissions...don't you think the deadline is too fast? I didn't even notice the contest until today. Maybe it needs to be advertised better... :/

Last edited by SanKakU : 12-17-2009 at 10:49 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:57 PM   #337
[]
User

[] will become famous soon enough (44)[] will become famous soon enough (44)

OR maybe this forum isn't active enough.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:59 PM   #338
SanKakU
User

Send a message via AIM to SanKakU Send a message via MSN to SanKakU Send a message via Yahoo to SanKakU

ok maybe you're right about that...anyway i think i'm starting to get good enough at this jass and programming that i may be able to enter the next contest.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:59 PM   #339
dust
User

dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)

Hero #4 extra-official winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanKakU
I don't really understand this forum...where are all the hero submissions for all the hero contests? I can't find a single attachment file anywhere. If you're just putting them in the pastebin and submitting them to the thread creator, that's fine...but what? Do I have to ask everyone by pm to pastebin their stuff or email it to me or link it to me or something? Because i have seen zero submissions... I don't really want to pm everyone in a thread asking for their submission that doesn't seem like a smart idea some people in the thread might not have done anything and others might have made a submission but not posted...

And by the way...about the contest only having two submissions...don't you think the deadline is too fast? I didn't even notice the contest until today. Maybe it needs to be advertised better... :/

you will be able to see the submittions when the voting time begins as they will be added to 1 big pack.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:05 PM   #340
SanKakU
User

so it's some kind of live performance?
Old 12-17-2009, 11:10 PM   #341
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

If you want to you may take a look at the 2007 and 2008 hero contest submissions, though I expect most of them not to work with 1.23b+ patches.
Faster != more useful
Old 12-17-2009, 11:20 PM   #342
SanKakU
User

Yes, please show them to me. I would appreciate it.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:08 AM   #343
NiRVaNa_87
!

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (8)

NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)

Skinning Contest #12 WinnerSkinning Contest 6 ~ Ancient Civilization

You know you can find it yourself with the search tool, right?
Old 12-18-2009, 12:18 AM   #344
SanKakU
User

nope. it's apparently impossible for me. .w3x never seems to show up with anything.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:33 AM   #345
NiRVaNa_87
!

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (8)

NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)

Skinning Contest #12 WinnerSkinning Contest 6 ~ Ancient Civilization

Thats because as far as I know, the search tool doesnt recognize attachments (the maps are in a zip anyway from what i can remember). Try "hero contest" like vex told you
Closed Thread