wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > Systems
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 05-17-2009, 04:23 AM   #46
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

You said that you use public prefixes for this. Could you by chance - before anyone uses this after being approved, remove those for your functions so that they can be called normally? :)
Old 05-17-2009, 01:15 PM   #47
Opossum
User

Submissions (4)

Opossum will become famous soon enough (59)Opossum will become famous soon enough (59)

Yawrr! Thanks to all who made this possible *sob* (Fleddy I love you!).

@Dusk: I already removed the public prefixes in 1.2c before it got approved.
Opossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:52 PM   #48
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Oh yay, thanks. :)
Old 05-18-2009, 01:24 AM   #49
ClichesAreSt00pid
User

ClichesAreSt00pid has little to show at this moment (4)

Isn't fixed cam already just "SetCamOrientUnit()?"

Last edited by ClichesAreSt00pid : 05-18-2009 at 01:24 AM.
ClichesAreSt00pid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:42 AM   #50
Fledermaus
default string

Submissions (1)

Fledermaus is a jewel in the rough (194)Fledermaus is a jewel in the rough (194)Fledermaus is a jewel in the rough (194)

Send a message via MSN to Fledermaus

That isn't a function.. But if you mean SetCameraOrientController, then no (and you should get out of here before Oppi finds you and beats you). Locking the camera to a unit is very different from what this system does. Try out the test map.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 04:03 AM   #51
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Yeah, it's actually really cool.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:18 PM   #52
Opossum
User

Submissions (4)

Opossum will become famous soon enough (59)Opossum will become famous soon enough (59)

Actually SetCameraOrientController is pretty much what FixedCam does. But I'm not using that function just for the same reason why I don't use SetCameraTargetController for ThirdPersonCam. It's just not as smooth and also it's harder to control. Using FixedCam you can determine the camera's x/y/z whereas SetCameraOrientController just focusses on the unit wherever the camera eye is at that moment. You wouldn't be able to control angle of attack and rotation either.

Edit: Updated to 1.2d fixing the bug Anitarf mentioned earlier. It seems the camera had hiccups sometimes because the terrain sampling distance (maxd) was shorter when the angle was higher and thus the camera thought it could go down again. But when it goes down the sampling distance gets higher again and the camera has to go up again depending on the terrain. Vicious circle. The sampling distance is now constant: TERRAIN_DISTANCE + GetCameraField(CAMERA_TARGET_DISTANCE)

Last edited by Opossum : 05-18-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:14 AM   #53
olyvian
User

olyvian has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opossum
Trigger:
Custom Script: call ThirdPersonCam_Use(<player>, <unit>, <firstPan>)
Custom Script: call FixedCam_Use(<player>, <unit>, <x>, <y>, <z>, <firstPan>)

I have no clue what to write inside the <player>, <unit>, <firstPan>... Can you give me an example or something? ty-
olyvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:43 PM   #54
Fledermaus
default string

Submissions (1)

Fledermaus is a jewel in the rough (194)Fledermaus is a jewel in the rough (194)Fledermaus is a jewel in the rough (194)

Send a message via MSN to Fledermaus

Trigger:
Custom Script: call ThirdPersonCam_Use(Player(0), udg_MyUnitVariableNameHere, 0.)
Custom Script: call FixedCam_Use(Player(0), udg_MyUnitVariableNameHere, <x>, <y>, <z>, 0.)

Where Player(0) is Red, 1 is Blue, 2 is Teal, etc..
As for the x, y and z in the Fixed cam, use your mouse to find a point in the main editor you want to use and experiment with the z value in game.

EDIT: those function calls wont work with the newest version though, use EnableThirdPersonCam and EnableFixedCam instead of ThirdPersonCam_Use and FixedCam_Use

i.e.
Trigger:
Custom Script: call EnableThirdPersonCam(Player(0), udg_MyUnitVariableNameHere, 0.)
Custom Script: call EnableFixedCam(Player(0), udg_MyUnitVariableNameHere, <x>, <y>, <z>, 0.)

Last edited by Fledermaus : 06-10-2009 at 02:45 PM.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:59 PM   #55
olyvian
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledermaus
Trigger:
Custom Script: call ThirdPersonCam_Use(Player(0), udg_MyUnitVariableNameHere, 0.)
Custom Script: call FixedCam_Use(Player(0), udg_MyUnitVariableNameHere, <x>, <y>, <z>, 0.)

Where Player(0) is Red, 1 is Blue, 2 is Teal, etc..
As for the x, y and z in the Fixed cam, use your mouse to find a point in the main editor you want to use and experiment with the z value in game.

EDIT: those function calls wont work with the newest version though, use EnableThirdPersonCam and EnableFixedCam instead of ThirdPersonCam_Use and FixedCam_Use

i.e.
Trigger:
Custom Script: call EnableThirdPersonCam(Player(0), udg_MyUnitVariableNameHere, 0.)
Custom Script: call EnableFixedCam(Player(0), udg_MyUnitVariableNameHere, <x>, <y>, <z>, 0.)

ty :)
I got one more question.
How do I disable the camera and then enable it? Because I inplented a inventory system that carries 100 items by DimonT i think... And when I press on the inventory screen it kinda shaky.. :p

Last edited by olyvian : 06-10-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:59 PM   #56
Opossum
User

Submissions (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by olyvian
ty :)
I got one more question.
How do I disable the camera and then enable it? Because I inplented a inventory system that carries 100 items by DimonT i think... And when I press on the inventory screen it kinda shaky.. :p

Disabling:
Trigger:
Custom Script: call EnableThirdPersonCam(Player(0), null, 0.)
Custom Script: call EnableFixedCam(Player(0), null, 0, 0, 0, 0.)
I have to say I'm not totally happy with that sort of disabling but it gets the job done.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:20 PM   #57
olyvian
User

You know what, after looking around the Jass in some couple of hours... Or alots of hours :P.. It makes so sense. But I still needed to get the cam eneabled when exiting the inventory, so by looking around I found this:
Collapse JASS:
function inv100_Exit takes nothing returns nothing
   call inv100_PlayCineFilter()
   call fs_PlaySound("Sound\\Interface\\RightGlueScreenPopUp.wav")
   call PauseUnit(fs_I2U(get_session_iparam("unit")), false)
   if cfgi("inv100_lock_cam") == 1 then
      call SetCameraTargetControllerNoZForPlayer(Player(fs_GetPlayerID()), fs_I2U(get_session_iparam("unit")), 0, 0, false)
   endif
//   call dbg("player " + cfg("player") + " exited inventory")
endfunction
And then I added of pure sense :p.
Collapse JASS:
unction inv100_Exit takes nothing returns nothing
   call inv100_PlayCineFilter()
   call fs_PlaySound("Sound\\Interface\\RightGlueScreenPopUp.wav")
   call PauseUnit(fs_I2U(get_session_iparam("unit")), false)
   call EnableThirdPersonCam(Player(fs_GetPlayerID()), fs_I2U(get_session_iparam("unit")), 0.) 
   call EnableFixedCam(Player(fs_GetPlayerID()), fs_I2U(get_session_iparam("unit")), 450, 350, 250, 0.)
 if cfgi("inv100_lock_cam") == 1 then
      call SetCameraTargetControllerNoZForPlayer(Player(fs_GetPlayerID()), fs_I2U(get_session_iparam("unit")), 0, 0, false)
   endif
//   call dbg("player " + cfg("player") + " exited inventory")
endfunction

Wiihuu, that was fun :D

Last edited by olyvian : 06-11-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:02 PM   #58
Opossum
User

Submissions (4)

I don't really see what you did there but I'm glad it's working for you.

Anyway, concerning 1.23b: This system does not use the return bug and will work just fine on 1.23b.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:45 AM   #59
wraithseeker
User

wraithseeker is on a distinguished road (17)

Library 3rd person camera is missing a l for the library.

Last edited by wraithseeker : 06-17-2009 at 04:45 AM.
wraithseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:59 AM   #60
Opossum
User

Submissions (4)

Uh... copy&paste fail... thanks!