wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Sound / Music > Music composition
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-05-2008, 01:04 AM   #1
TotallyAwesome
User

Project Member: TBR

Submissions (7)

TotallyAwesome is a jewel in the rough (164)TotallyAwesome is a jewel in the rough (164)

Send a message via ICQ to TotallyAwesome Send a message via AIM to TotallyAwesome Send a message via MSN to TotallyAwesome Send a message via Yahoo to TotallyAwesome
Default FL stuff

So yeah.. I got into playing with FL a day ago, though I would share my "shit" with you guys :P

1st Creation
2nd Creation
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-06-2008, 02:28 AM   #2
TotallyAwesome
User

Submissions (7)

TotallyAwesome is a jewel in the rough (164)TotallyAwesome is a jewel in the rough (164)

Send a message via ICQ to TotallyAwesome Send a message via AIM to TotallyAwesome Send a message via MSN to TotallyAwesome Send a message via Yahoo to TotallyAwesome

3rd Creation
4th Creation

And, BUMP (ATTENTION WHORING!).
Old 08-06-2008, 08:14 AM   #3
Vestras
User

Project Member: LoC

Submissions (4)

Vestras will become famous soon enough (40)Vestras will become famous soon enough (40)

3rd and 4th is best. But what is FL?
Vestras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:22 AM   #4
Freakazoid
I love you all.

Submissions (14)

Freakazoid is a jewel in the rough (159)Freakazoid is a jewel in the rough (159)

Fruity Loops.
What version, do you use any external plug ins?
Old 08-07-2008, 06:30 AM   #5
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

I would say that "omfg", while repetitive, had the best vibe (no pun intended).
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request ThreadDone for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 12:34 AM   #6
TotallyAwesome
User

Submissions (7)

Nah I only used basic stuff, no plugins, but version is 8 XXL. However, I gotta work on some new stuff.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:08 AM   #7
abriko
User

Submissions (22)

abriko is a jewel in the rough (159)abriko is a jewel in the rough (159)

Do you work on a "This wreckage" map ? :p

Last edited by abriko : 08-21-2008 at 10:35 AM.
abriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 03:02 PM   #8
TotallyAwesome
User

Submissions (7)

Lol, I just remembered I got this thread here.
Basically, this is another_shit, just redone from scratch, and when I said redone, I mean it! Abriko, I didn't work, I was a beta tester, so I pointed out some flaws and bugs in the game to Rao.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:35 PM   #9
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

newmuzix and russsshhhed are my faves.

I can't quite describe what I don't like about the melodies of the other two.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:55 PM   #10
TotallyAwesome
User

Submissions (7)

Hmmz
Neww shittz
Attached Files
File Type: zip Desperation.zip (853.3 KB, 113 views)
File Type: zip TheMorningAfterATroublesomeNight.zip (792.7 KB, 20 views)
Old 01-02-2009, 08:48 PM   #11
SeruK
I'm the One

Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (8)

SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)

Send a message via MSN to SeruK

Those names there smells emo! :I

I like em though, I'd give you real feedback but I'm just not sure I'd actually do anything good. :P
Old 01-02-2009, 09:37 PM   #12
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

They were actually... pretty nice. I mean, nothing about them screamed "what were you thinking when you did that?!" to me. The thing that bugged me the most is that both of them really lack melodies. The chord progressions you've come up with are nice and all, but they sort-of lack direction without a melody.

Another thing is that your bridges/trios are actually really good, but you don't play them out or expand them at all! In Desperation I think the bridge was the coolest part, but it lasted like 4 or 8 measures. One of the reasons I liked the bridges so much is because the time was definitely established in them, whereas in the other parts of the songs, the time was sort of nebulous and not defined. I think there could be some more rhythmic definition by the chords or even some other percussion.

Speaking of percussion, in TMAATN (lawls) there's a shaker or something in the background...? It's on some weird beat pattern that totally goes against the song. If it was with the beat it might help the song a bit, but it sounded really strange to me when I heard it.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

Quote:
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:52 PM   #13
TotallyAwesome
User

Submissions (7)

Thanks for the reply, Pyro.
As for TMAATN (lawls˛), that shaker thing is something that fucked up while rendering, cause I put the sampling to 4X while it was playing, so it lagged and it would sound as if it was timed correctly, but once I rendered the sound file, it came out totally wrong (goes against everything else).
As for melodies, I just can't really come up with something, cause whatever I do, seems to be already made (you probably know of this issue). Desperation, I also liked the bridge the most, though I don't get what you mean about "time not being defined in them" Something about shit rhythm I chose or?

Seruk, they are cause I am in emo state at the moment :S This one is also "emo" but listen to it and you'll realize it's actually optimistic... till the end.
Attached Files
File Type: zip StayOptimisticWithABrokenHeart.zip (1.65 MB, 12 views)
Old 01-03-2009, 08:36 PM   #14
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Yeah, by "time" I meant the rhythm. More specifically, the lack of it.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-09-2009, 04:14 PM   #15
abriko
User

Submissions (22)

abriko is a jewel in the rough (159)abriko is a jewel in the rough (159)

You can work for 80's games revival or demo maker :)