wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Ghost Forums > Map Database
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 04-25-2009, 04:22 AM   #196
THE_END
THE_Legion General

Project Member: PoC

Submissions (17)

THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)

Hero Contest #3 - 3rd PlaceSkinning Contest 10 ~ Druid of the talon

Send a message via AIM to THE_END Send a message via MSN to THE_END

Vestras...your opinion, if not valuable to making this game BETTER, is not valuable.

Dusk..gotcha
Old 04-25-2009, 12:48 PM   #197
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

Ack, I'm really sorry; I really, really ought to get around to this (particularly given how long and hard I had to harrass Vex over Warlords). And cleaning out the map submissions in general. You know, actually start doing stuff.

Okay, you have my word that I will review it again before the end of next weekend.
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:06 PM   #198
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

Tested it; very high quality, and also quite distinctive gameplay. I'm like the easy dying, there's a lot of strategy in the decisions as to when to spawn (go now for a small push, or keep one up over longer time in the future?), nice ability spam-effectiveness balance (although my ulti was very hard to use given lag to America and the alcohol-lag).

Congratulations, approved!
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:53 AM   #199
NiRVaNa_87
!

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (8)

NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)

Skinning Contest #12 WinnerSkinning Contest 6 ~ Ancient Civilization

Congratulations! Well deserved approval
NiRVaNa_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:20 PM   #200
bboy-tiger-
User

bboy-tiger- has little to show at this moment (6)

Send a message via MSN to bboy-tiger-

Looks great, spells look nice, items also very good, only thing i dont like in AoS is more than 1 line, so i hope that here is mod that enables only middle line and disables other lines :) . Anyway i will play this map tonight with my friends. Great job. Update this.
bboy-tiger- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:15 PM   #201
Cherry-Soap
User

Cherry-Soap has little to show at this moment (8)

There already is a function to make the game only middle lanes : [.

Just look at the map description when hosting or joining D:.
Cherry-Soap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:17 PM   #202
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Wooo! Thanks so much! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry-Soap
Yeap, just set one of the pregame options on and it will activate it for you.

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 05-04-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Rising_Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:51 PM   #203
bboy-tiger-
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry-Soap

Just look at the map description when hosting or joining D:.

Ok sry, i hadnt lots of time when i was testing map so i just asked here, I SUGGEST YOU GUYZ FOR THIS MAP, FOCUS ON TEAMPLAY STUFFS. :)

Ok i'm playing map now with guyz, i suggest you guyz to remove last hitting... put better system like in age of myths, and put all hotkeys q w e r coz i really dont feel like breaking my fingers to all those mixed hotkeys.

Make this map focus more on killing heroes and not on killing creeps like in boring dota. I give you suggestions while we are playing. (So look it like this, i kill more heroes i get more money, i kill more creeps i get money but not that much like when i'm killing the heroes=that makes map fun).

Ally trading menu: fix icons.

Make base move speed faster, and make items little stronger.

Last edited by bboy-tiger- : 05-05-2009 at 01:15 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:51 AM   #204
Bobo_The_Kodo
oO

Bobo_The_Kodo has a spectacular aura about (109)Bobo_The_Kodo has a spectacular aura about (109)Bobo_The_Kodo has a spectacular aura about (109)Bobo_The_Kodo has a spectacular aura about (109)

Quote:
i suggest you guyz to remove last hitting
This does not have last hitting...

Whenever an enemy creep dies within a certain range, you gain some gold

Quote:
and make items little stronger.
Items are not the focus of the game

And they can be used extremely effectively if you get good ones for your hero / your playstyle

-----

Congratulations on the approval Dusk!
Bobo_The_Kodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:18 PM   #205
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

I don't like QWER hotkeys. For DoE in particular, I like how each hotkey set makes a hero its own experience. Plus, I've always liked the Blizzard approach, where you use a hotkey like T for a spell called Taint, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboy-tiger-
Ally trading menu: fix icons.
Whenever I can harass AR to do it, it'll get done. You're not the first person to mention that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo_The_Kodo
Congratulations on the approval Dusk!
Thanks! <3

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 05-05-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Rising_Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:19 PM   #206
bboy-tiger-
User

Good i noticed that with "withing range you get gold" that's nice.
A would just mape game little faster maybe. I still dont get fully how items work :D . there is no item that increases HP, but there is that increses mp by 50, maybe make one that increases hp by 50 ? :)

I'm just telling you bout icons, if you didnt noticed, and there is sound also "not nought lumber" you can change that to error sound or similar.

WEll about icons nvm then, you're the boss. I hate those S K G T C type hotkeys... not so user friendly, dont get that part about blizzard.

Where i can read about he modes?Havent found out yet.

Dont like the map being so huge..

Last edited by bboy-tiger- : 05-05-2009 at 01:43 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:03 PM   #207
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Yeah, I noticed the "Not enough lumber" sound too. It'd be nice to replace it with "Not enough faction," but I'm not big into that whole sound recording thing and don't have that guy's voice or whatever, so it'd be weird. We'll see.

Also, I specifically avoided an item to increase maximum life of a hero for a reason. I really dislike the ability to gouge a hero's max life because it can make a really fragile hero quite tanky, which is bad by design. I don't want items to be able to change the role of a hero, only allow that role to do different things. Max life items, on the other hand, do permit role-shifts, which I feel shouldn't exist. Ergo, I just excluded max life items from the mix entirely.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:28 AM   #208
bboy-tiger-
User

Well I agree with you, but i would maybe put 40, pg 70hp item, any to be able to carry one only, but not so important that.
Bout the sound, you can put some another wc3 sound, like "error" sound or somtn... -.-'

And i suggest you increase base movement speed ? Coz map is huge... potions are useless in later game(no slots).

Would be nice that other players suggest you also...
Old 05-06-2009, 07:07 AM   #209
Shade987
User

Submissions (1)

Shade987 is on a distinguished road (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboy-tiger-
And i suggest you increase base movement speed ?
The point of the map being decently sized (it's hardly enormous) is so that you can't instantly respond to any threat. Placement is strategic. A base might well go down before you can get there to help it.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:25 AM   #210
Dan van Ohllus
Negatory

Submissions (40)

Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
Yeah, I noticed the "Not enough lumber" sound too. It'd be nice to replace it with "Not enough faction," but I'm not big into that whole sound recording thing and don't have that guy's voice or whatever, so it'd be weird. We'll see.

You can always use text-to-speech voices as placeholders.

http://www.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php
http://cepstral.com/demos/

I don't take requests, so don't PM or e-mail me for any.

WHY IT'S NOT A GOOD IDEA TO POST YOUR FIRST MODEL/SKIN/ICON

Last edited by Dan van Ohllus : 05-06-2009 at 09:25 AM.
Dan van Ohllus is offline   Reply With Quote