wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > - Submit a resource -
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 12-19-2010, 09:27 PM   #1
mistertea
User

Submissions (6)

mistertea is on a distinguished road (13)

Default EarthLord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade987
Wow... this is as good as Jig's lightning elemental. Now we just need an earth one for the full set...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrIkY
I agree with Shade987, we need some ultimate "Earthlord"!
----Both said in SinisterX's frostlord----

well,searching the web,I found those comments. I thought it would be fun making an earth elemental lord, and funnier if I base it on the sooo beloved bloodmage (sarcasm)Only used its anims,though.Chest is makrura's,head is inverse turtle's.

well,it seemed to me kinda good,so I uploaded it here,icon included. (Dunno why.There are no mods left apparently.) :P

Above all,enjoy!

Oh,no custom textures!!

-----------------------------Updated-----------------------------
Added floating rocks (only viewable on WE and Wc3) Changed a bit the unwrap of the shoulderpads and changed the portait and repaired minor bugs(head)

Ajjj,the new screenshots suck....bah
Attached Images
File Type: jpg earthlord4.jpg (91.0 KB, 569 views)
File Type: jpg earthlord3.jpg (168.6 KB, 240 views)
File Type: jpg earthlord2.jpg (128.5 KB, 229 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip EarthLord.zip (188.7 KB, 107 views)

Last edited by mistertea : 12-22-2010 at 04:49 PM.
mistertea is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 12-20-2010, 04:37 PM   #2
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)

Send a message via MSN to Ignitedstar Send a message via Yahoo to Ignitedstar

Ooooo, cool. I will archive this forever until Warcraft IV comes out. It's not that big, either. Nice job.
I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."

1 Corinthians 13:1-2

Current Works:
None.

Last edited by Ignitedstar : 12-20-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Ignitedstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:15 PM   #3
dust
User

dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)

Hero #4 extra-official winner

the face looks really interesting, but the rest seems quite messy to me. Wrap and mesh got some issues here and the head makes some funky movements especially during the walk animation.Oh and some smoke/mud/dust particles instead of those red stars would also make it appeariance better, I guess.

But great concept you got there

Last edited by dust : 12-20-2010 at 07:15 PM.
dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:48 PM   #4
mistertea
User

Submissions (6)

UPDATED
Old 01-27-2011, 01:53 AM   #5
AnemicRoyalty

Texturing Moderator
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (23)

AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)

Skinning Contest #14 WinnerSkinning Contest #15 WinnerHero Contest #2 - 1st Place

Sorry for taking so long to review your work, I've been away and life's been busy.

The armored areas just look cluttered, You need to find ways to use the texture better as the way it's wrapped onto the mesh at the moment just looks randomly placed. Keeping the detail clear and simple will make it look much better in-game. Take a look at the Firelord, the metal parts are just armor plates and restraints, they tie the model together and support the fire-elemental areas which are what give the model character. Jigrael's guy had a metal helmet, probably because it'd be difficult to make a face out of lightning. You've got an opportunity here to use the natural features of the earth to make faces out of, go nuts with it!

The earth-y areas just don't stand out enough, particularly against the actual dirt terrain. It definitely needs more particles to jazz it up, dust and pebbles spring to mind. The glowy lights on the base as is just seem random; what do glowy lights have to do with the earth? If they're meant to represent lava, why not incorporate some molten areas on the model?

The shoulders stretch pretty badly in the death and dissipate animations. Also, you should change the event objects (under Node Manager in Magos) so that he doesn't bleed when he dies. The Bloodmage walk and stand animations seem really static and dull since he lacks the cape or legs of the BM. The arm movement fits really well, though. Maybe you might want to try basing it off the Lich instead?

This one just doesn't scream "earth elemental," you know? I see bits of the undead air barge with thick arms of mud. Think about some things you'd associate with the earth; immense weight and solidity, slow and powerful, dirt and dust, soil, rocks, crags, boulders and landslides... then work on how you'd incorporate it into your hero.

Compare your guy to the Firelord, notice just how much more character the Firelord has?

Zoom (requires log in)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FireEarth_Comparison.jpg (288.8 KB, 205 views)
  • DIII: TFA Textures
  • Finish and release a bunch of stuff
AnemicRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:37 AM   #6
nickel510
User

nickel510 has little to show at this moment (1)

Mistertea you seem to be a talented modeller with lots of potential, I've seen this model before and bookmarked it for later but I never noticed you made this! I hope you follow the advice of AnemicRoyalty, that was a pretty good review and seeing the model in-game with a side by side comparison to the fire lord does make me think this model needs some improvement, I really like it but its like Anemic says, it just doesn't stand out enough in-game, but in the screenshot it looks great but I also agree with Anemic that it could use more earth/rock texture, to really make it feel like an earth lord.

Great work so far, I hope you keep improving this and I would also gladly upload this on the hive along with the ogres :).
nickel510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:59 PM   #7
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

When I think of what would be closest to an earthlord in WC3, I think of the golems, the Mountain Giant and the Ancient of Wonders. When contemplating a model that would complete the elemental lord cycle, the first instinct is to make something floating like the other three, but that really doesn't work for earth, I think.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:48 PM   #8
mistertea
User

Submissions (6)

well,maybe It could be a nether elemental,if I change the earth texture.
It's going to stay this way for a few days,though.I'm on another model right now.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:57 PM   #9
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)

Send a message via MSN to Ignitedstar Send a message via Yahoo to Ignitedstar

You could make it similar to the Ghobb from Soul Nomad.

I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."

1 Corinthians 13:1-2

Current Works:
None.
Ignitedstar is offline   Reply With Quote